Pet Sematary (film)
1989 film by Mary Lambert
Sometimes dead is better. (taglines)
- Today is thanksgiving day for cats, but only if they came back from the dead.
- God sees the truth, but waits.
- The soil of a man's heart is stonier, Louis. A man grows what he can, and he tends it. 'Cause what you buy, is what you own. And what you own... always comes home to you.
- The barrier was not meant to be crossed. The ground is sour.
- [crying, after Church dies] But he's not God's cat, he's my cat... let God get His own if He wants one... not mine.
- [her last line, to Louis, after being reanimated] Darling. [as he embraces her, she picks up a butcher knife from the counter...and kills him with it]
- [at Gage's funeral; to Louis] I knew this would happen. I told her when you were first married you'd have all the grief you can stand and more, I said. Now look at this. I hope you rot in hell! Where were you when he was playing in the road? You stinkin' shit! You killer of children! [punches Louis]
- Rachel, is that you? I've been waiting for you, Rachel. And now I'm going to twist your back like mine, so you'll never get out of bed again... Never get out of bed again...NEVER GET OUT OF BED AGAIN!
- I'm coming for you, Rachel... And this time, I'll get you... Gage and I will both get you, for letting us die... [cackles]
- Louis Creed: Has anyone ever buried a person up there?
- Jud Crandall: Christ on His Throne, NO! Whoever would!?
- Louis Creed: I'll bite, Jud. What's the bottom of the truth?
- Jud Crandall: That, sometimes, dead is better. The person that you put up there ain't the person that comes back. It might look like that person, but it ain't that person, because whatever lives on the ground beyond the Pet Sematary ain't human at all.
- Rachel: It's okay, Ellie! You just had a bad dream.
- Ellie: It wasn't a dream, it was Paxcow! (she's referring to Victor Pascow) Paxcow says daddy is going to do something really bad!
- Rachel: Who is this Paxcow?
- Ellie: He's a ghost, a good ghost! He was sent to warn us!
- Gage Creed: [on the phone] First I played with Judd. Then mommy came, and I played with mommy. We played, daddy, we had a awful good time! Now, I want to play with you...
- Louis Creed: What did you do?
- [Gage laughs wickedly]
- Louis Creed: WHAT DID YOU DO!?
- Victor Pascow: I'm sorry Louis. I'm very sorry, but don't make it worse! Don't!
- Louis Creed: I waited too long with Gage. But with Rachel... it will work this time! Because she just died; she died just a little while ago!
- Victor Pascow: Please, Louis! NOOOOOO! [Fades out of existence]
- Sometimes dead is better.
- A pet isn't just for life.
- Dale Midkiff - Louis Creed
- Fred Gwynne - Jud Crandall
- Denise Crosby - Rachel Goldman-Creed
- Miko Hughes - Gage Creed
- Blaze Berdahl - Ellie Creed
- Brad Greenquist - Victor Pascow
- Michael Lombard - Irwin Goldman
- Susan Blommaert - Missy Dandridge
- Mara Clark - Marcy Charlton
- Kavi Raz - Steve Masterton
- Mary Louise Wilson - Dory Goldman
- Andrew Hubatsek - Zelda Goldman
- Lisa Stathoplos - Jud's mother
- Stephen King - Minister
- Chuck Courtney - Bill Baterman
- Peter Stader - Timmy Baterman