Children of the Corn (1984 film)
1984 supernatural horror film directed by Fritz Kiersch
- Outlander! Outlander! We have your woman!
- [orders the children to get Vicky] Seize her!
- Shut your mouth, Isaac!
- [last words to the children about Burt before he got killed by Isaac by breaking his neck while he's possessed by the He Who Walks Behind The Rows] Get him! Stop him! Kill him!
- Any religion without love and compassion is false! It's a lie!
- [about the Bible] What, did you rewrite the whole thing, or just the parts that don't suit your needs?
- Isaac: Behold, a dream did come to me, and the Lord did show all of this to me.
- Corn-Children: Praise God! Praise the Lord!
- Isaac: A time of tribulation has come. A test is at hand... the final test.
- Malachai: What has the Lord commanded?
- Isaac: In my dream the Lord did come to me, and He was a shape. It was He Who Walks Behind the Rows. And I did fall on my knees in terror, and hide my eyes, lest the fierceness of His face strike me dead! He told me all that has since happened; He said, "Joseph has taken his things and fled this happy place, because the worship of Me is no more upon him. So take you his life, and spill his blood, like water upon the earth! But let not the flesh pollute the corn; cast him instead upon the road!
- Malachai: And so it was done. Joseph the Betrayer was cast out!
- Isaac: And He Who Walks Behind The Rows did say, "I will send outlanders amongst you: a man and a woman. And these outlanders will be unbelievers and profaners of the holy. And the man will sorely test you, for he has great power, even greater than that of the Blue Man!
- Corn-Children: The Blue Man! Yes, the Blue Man!
- Isaac: And just as he was offered up unto Him, so shall be the unbelievers!
- Malachai: Make sacrifice unto Him! Bring Him the blood of the outlanders!
- Corn-Children: Praise God; praise the Lord! Praise God! Praise the Lord...!
- Job: Don't worry, Mister. You'll be safe here. Isaac and Malachai don't know about this place.
- Burt: Enough! Who are Isaac and Malachai?
- Job: Isaac started the whole thing. He's a boy preacher who came to this town three years ago. At nine-years-old back then, he had a charming way that appealed to all the kids and teens like us to follow him with his own teachings of the bible and of the Old Testiment. But me and Sarah thought he was just plain weird.
- Burt: What the hell is going on here? What are you, crazy?! What do you think you're doing?!
- Amos: My passage. It's my birthday.
- Burt: You've got a pretty sick way of celebrating it, pal! [to Rachel] Listen, I don't--
- Rachel: Silence, interloper! Your presence does profane this holy place. He will reckon with you.
- Burt: That's terrific. I don't know who "He" is, but maybe [points at Amos] He'd like to discuss the medical side of what's going on here with me.
- Amos: It's as it should be.
- Rachel: Amos!
- Amos: It says it is written.
- Rachel: Speak no more to him! He is an unbeliever.
- Vicky: What do you want?
- Malachai: [smiles] We want to give you Peace. [to the other Corn-Kids] Seize her!
- Job: I wish Isaac never came here.
- Sarah: But he's always been here, just like He Who Walks Behind The Rows.
- [Malachai rebels against Isaac before their fellow Corn-Children]
- Isaac: Don't just stand there! Seize him! Punish him! The Lord has chosen me as the bringer of His word and the giver of His laws! Disobedience to me is disobedience to Him! Do it now, or your punishment shall be a thousand deaths, each more horrible than the last!
- Malachai: They are tired of your talk, Isaac. I've shown them what I can do. [to the other Corn-Kids] Cut the woman down. Put Isaac in her place. [to Isaac] We shall see how the Lord favors you.
- And a child shall lead them...
- An adult nightmare.
- In their world adults are not allowed... to live.