1982 film by George A. Romero
Creepshow is a 1982 film, split into five separate stories, with a wraparound segment where a horror comic by a little boy gets confiscated and disposed of. Through a "Grim Reaper" like character who is the comic's mascot, we are told the stories.
The Most Fun You'll Ever Have... BEING SCARED!
- The Grantham family gathers every year for a reunion, a dinner on Father's Day. A man who has married into the family learns about Nathan Grantham, the former patriarch
- Cassie Blaine: My aunt Bedelia was under the thumb of her father, Nathan. He was a shrewd man who built our family fortune through fraud and bootlegging. He controlled her to the point where she had no life of her own.
- Sylvia Grantham: Please understand my sister has had problems. I had my doubts she would ever marry, so I was pleasantly surprised when she got to know an older gentleman named Peter Yarborough, who eventually proposed marriage to her.
- Hank Blaine: So this was a May–December romance?
- Richard Grantham: Ha! With Aunt Bedelia getting the reputation as the old maid, this relationship was more like August or September! Even so, she was happy, but Nathan was not. He despised the idea of a husband taking his daughter from him, so he hired a hitman to make quick work of my Uncle Peter. Nathan had him killed, in a supposed "hunting accident".
- Flashback to Bedelia's husband walking through the woods hunting. A hitman with a shotgun opens fire on Peter, killing him. As this is taking place, the screen in bordered in boxes akin to a comic book
- Stan: [last words] No ... No...
- Billy:[jabbing voodoo doll causing Stan pain] I'll teach you to throw away my comic books.