Hamas (Arabic: حركة حماس; acronym: Arabic: حركة المقاومة الاسلامية, or Harakat al-Muqawama al-Islamiyya or "Islamic Resistance Movement"; the Arabic acronym means "zeal") is a Palestinian Islamist organization that currently (since January 2006) forms the majority party of the Palestinian National Authority. It started as an outgrowth of Muslim Brotherhood in the late 1980's and is currently active in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- America will be annihilated, while Islam will remain. The Muslims "will be victorious, if you are believers."[...] Our Jihad-fighting Palestinian people salutes its brother, Sudan.[...] The Palestinian woman bids her son farewell, and says to him: "Son, go and don't be a coward. Go, and fight the Jews." He bids her farewell and carries out a martyrdom operation.[...] Oh Allah, vanquish the Jews and their supporters. Oh Allah, vanquish the Americans and their supporters. Oh Allah, count their numbers, and kill them all, down to the very last one.
- Forget about all the propaganda and the media - democracies and all that nonsense. They talk about democracy, but when Hamas won, they said: We do not accept this. You asked for democracy - this is democracy.
- Iraqi Cleric Ahmad Al-Kubeisi: Democracy, Human Rights... It's All Nonsense, video clip, February 24, 2006.
- I will not accept an agreement saying that at the end of the day, Haifa, Jaffa, and Acre are Israeli cities, and part of the Israeli land.... What should be sought is a true solution, which will restore all the Palestinian rights, and will lead to an end to the existence of this entity in the region.
- The Islamic Resistance Movement is one of the links in the chain of the struggle against the Zionist invaders.
- Charter of Hamas.
- Our ultimate plan is [to have] Palestine in its entirety. I say this loud and clear so that nobody will accuse me of employing political tactics.
- "The Movement's programme is Islam. From it, it draws its ideas, ways of thinking and understanding of the universe, life and man. It resorts to it for judgement in all its conduct, and it is inspired by it for guidance of its steps."
- "By adopting Islam as its way of life, the Movement goes back to the time of the birth of the Islamic message, of the righteous ancestor, for Allah is its target, the Prophet is its example and the Koran is its constitution."
- "The Islamic Resistance Movement found itself at a time when Islam has disappeared from life. Thus rules shook, concepts were upset, values changed and evil people took control, oppression and darkness prevailed, cowards became like tigers: homelands were usurped, people were scattered and were caused to wander all over the world, the state of justice disappeared and the state of falsehood replaced it. Nothing remained in its right place. Thus, when Islam is absent from the arena, everything changes. From this state of affairs the incentives are drawn."
- Charter of Hamas
- "The Moslem woman has a role no less important than that of the moslem man in the battle of liberation."
- "Her role in guiding and educating the new generations is great."
- "Woman in the home of the fighting family, whether she is a mother or a sister, plays the most important role in looking after the family, rearing the children and embuing them with moral values and thoughts derived from Islam."
- "She has to teach them to perform the religious duties in preparation for the role of fighting awaiting them."
- Charter of Hamas
- "The Islamic Resistance Movement is one of the wings of Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine. Muslim Brotherhood Movement is a universal organization which constitutes the largest Islamic movement in modern times. It is characterised by its deep understanding, accurate comprehension and its complete embrace of all Islamic concepts of all aspects of life, culture, creed, politics, economics, education, society, justice and judgement, the spreading of Islam, education, art, information, science of the occult and conversion to Islam."
- Charter of Hamas
Quotes about HamasEdit
- Today, like it or not, HAMAS is a force that has as its goal the overthrow of the State of Israel. With terrorism. Do not you talk to who has not abandoned terrorism and still does not recognize Israel. I would say more … What to talk should melt. The terrorist is a terrorist. (Antonio Di Pietro)
- There are no innocent people in the Gaza Strip. Everyone has a connection to Hamas. Everyone receives a salary from Hamas. Those who are trying to challenge us at the border and breach it belong to Hamas’s military wing.
- Avigdor Lieberman, as quoted in 'There are no innocents in Gaza,' says Israeli defense minister (April 8, 2018), The Jerusalem Post
- Hamas isn't hiding the ball. It is evil. It celebrates evil. It pays terrorists to commit acts of evil. But the international community isn't hiding the ball either when its members refuse to condemn terrorism as terrorism when it is directed against disfavored members of the international community.
- The 'International Community' Isn't A Community. It's A Rogue's Gallery., Ben Shapiro, December 12, 2018, Dailywire