- We are not in any competition with al-Qaeda. True, there are two points of view here—they have their way and we have ours. We dealt Israel a first defeat in 2000 and a second in 2006. We have our interests and our country. They can go ahead and disagree with us.
- Hezbollah will never accept the existence of Israel.
- "If you want to call Hezbollah a terrorist organization, then you must call Israel a terrorist organization."
- (David Duke’s radio show broadcast, 10 August 2006: The Israeli Invasion and Bombing of Lebanon)
- For if Iran remains exalted, we too shall be exalted. I am a lowly soldier of the Imam Khamenei. Hizbullah youths acted on behalf of the Imam Khomeini, with the aid of Imam Hussein, and sent their blessings to the Iranian people.
- "On the matter of political relations with Iran, the sheikh was absolutely clear. Hizbollah regards the Iranian supreme leader, in this case Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, as its ultimate authority; all major political decisions regarding Hizbollah are referred to – when not actually taken in – Iran. He gave the example of the decision taken in 1992 to enter Lebanese national politics: Hizbollah set up a commission, which prepared a report, with various options; this report was sent to Iran; it was Ayatollah Khamenei himself who took the final decision, in favour of participation."
Resistance & terrorismEdit
- Some area Arabs and Muslims consider Hezbollah and Hamas resistance fighters, not terrorists, though groups such as the Council on American Islamic Relations recognize the terrorist designations and urge Muslims not to support the groups.
Last modified on 13 April 2014, at 08:10