Hello, Solomon7968, and welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Your recent additionsEdit
Hi. I've scrolled through your page creations, and two I've found with no sourced quotes. Please remember you can't stick a random quote from the web (like BrainyQuote), and you actually need to source it from a reliable place (Notable book... say from Google Books; News on the Web; Interviews (Video), etc.). If you have any questions, then please feel free to reply and I'll get to you... or possibly another us might take care of your comment. Thanks for the help! ---Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 12:36, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- You would have saved time (of both of us) by contacting me before doing this. I added the source(s) in any case. Please re-check. Solomon7968 (talk) 15:37, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- I just noticed that you were a contributor here at WQ ---Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 16:36, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- Please make sure to add Template:Mathematician-stub if it's a page on mathematicians that don't have (let's say... 5) a lot of quotes. Please also keep in mind about categories, such as adding Category:Living people to those that are still alive, and their ethnicity if you can find one (Category:Italians). If they are dead, make sure to add the year or the decade they die (specific year: Category:2006 deaths; decades: Category:1700s deaths) ---Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 19:47, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Although you may disagree with linking to a page's WP page twice on a page, it is part of our established template for a good reason. For most pages that have a sufficient number of quotes, the standard link at the bottom of the page does not appear unless the user scrolls down to it (yes, it seems a bit redundant on stub pages, but hopefully there will be other quotes added eventually to these pages as well). Thus, we have always included a link in the intro as well, to ensure that users can see it when they come to the page. If you feel strongly about this, the best recourse is to start a discussion about its removal either on the template talk page or on the Village pump rather than simply removing it from a page. Thanks. ~ UDScott (talk) 13:22, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- Yes I agree with you for long pages but as you say I don't see why we should do it for stubs. Only one of the (many) articles I created Bernhard Riemann was expanded, if this one gets such I myself might add it back. Solomon7968 (talk) 13:28, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- Okay I see that you have restored it. I won't confront you however; thanks anyway for going through my created pages and adding the necessary wikilinks. Solomon7968 (talk) 13:37, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
A page that you have been involved in editing, Ciro Paoletti, has been listed for deletion. All contributions are appreciated, but it may not satisfy Wikiquote's criteria for inclusion, for the reasons given in the nomination for deletion (see also what Wikiquote is and is not). If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments at Wikiquote:Votes for deletion/Ciro Paoletti. Also, please consider improving the article to address the issues raised. Thank you. ~ Ningauble (talk) 14:34, 2 May 2017 (UTC)