- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Regarding your edits to List of people by name, B, we generally do not include information about the subject other than their name, except where this is necessary to distinguish two people of the same name. Please acknowledge that you understand this restriction. Cheers! BD2412 T 20:05, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
I have read it in your describtion of revision,in fact. I just clicked undo to find out if I really terminate your revision-you can´t do that in Sandbox,actually.But anyways:Günter Brus could be pretty easily mistaken with Robert Brustein;you must consider this fact. At least let me write that he is viennese actionist...--Pieceofpeper 05:50, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- "List of people" is just an index by name. Those two names are not the same, and need no disambiguation. ~ Ningauble 13:17, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
But they are similar.People always want to add something to surname-especially in case of surname being too short-,they mismatsch names and replace them with assembled one that is approximately correct in their eyes,because they didn´t rember the name correctly-one of the reasons is not enough/not strong enough associations. So let´s consider making for them these people easily remembered.--Pieceofpeper 21:06, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
- That is not necessary in this case. No one has come to us and said they couldn't find this article because they confused the name with someone else on the list. BD2412 T 01:02, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
So you know what?-Let´s write in names of articles about real people their occupation in brackets(like they do it in Wikipedia in some cases)-I´ll do it-agree?--Pieceofpeper 07:49, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
There is no response;so I think I am going ahead. :)-As no one care(especially only two people care,who do not react on my suggestions very often),I gave myself permission to do changes I find useful or suitable to my needs... I wish you all happy time reverting articles´ names!--Pieceofpeper 14:09, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
- Please do not disrupt Wikiquote to make a point. I seriously doubt that very many people would endorse adding biographical information to the names index, but if you want to propose a change to the longstanding practice then seek a consensus at the Village Pump before acting on it. Thanks. ~ Ningauble 14:23, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for saying so,I already proposed that change and currently waiting for response.--Pieceofpeper 18:10, 12 June 2011 (UTC)