User talk:Philip Stevens
Hello, Philip Stevens, and welcome to the English Wikiquote, a free compendium of quotations written collaboratively by people just like you!
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Thank you for your contributions to Wikiquote. Might I ask that you please use the "Edit summary" feature whenever you edit to provide a terse summary of the changes you make during each edit? This helps folks review article changes from a broad perspective without having to do server-intensive, step-by-step examination of individual edits. If you'd like more information on this, please see Wikipedia:Edit summary or drop me a note on my talk page. Thank you for your assistance. ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 09:08, 15 December 2005 (UTC)
Re: Profanities tagEdit
Sorry about using a swearing tag without checking first. To be honest I didn’t think it was that big a change. The strange thing is I’m not easily offended by swearing, here in North Wales no one can understand you if you don’t swear at least three times a sentence. Philip Stevens 13:36, 22 December 2005.
- No problems -- it was easily reverted. In general, before implementing any change in a large (say more than 20) articles, it is better to ask first, or alternatively be bold in one article, and then ask about others. It's not so much a matter of a big deal as it is a pain to revert. Thank you for your understanding ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 13:56, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for creating Category:Members of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, but as it turns out we already had Category: Members of the Parliament of Great Britain, which should probably be merged into your new category. ~ UDScott (talk) 11:39, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
- I think Category: Members of the Parliament of Great Britain should be kept for MPs who served before 1801 (when the United Kingdom was formed). Philip Stevens (talk) 13:20, 27 May 2016 (UTC)