- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Hi Benfo-Dutch. Thanks for the great work on the Georgia O'Keeffe article! I notice in this and other articles you are using italics for the entire citation. The convention is to use italics for just the book title, not the whole citation. (And for articles or works within anthologies use "quotes" instead of italics.) Regards, Ningauble 15:34, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- [Re. your follow-up question at my talk page] I am not sure how completely I did it, I do not have the sources to check. I see the citations are put back in all italic now. This is not correct. Please use this method:
- Use italics for the title of a publication (only the title), such as a book, magazine, film, etc.
- Use "quotes" for the title of an independent work within a publication (only the title),such as a magazine article, a short story or a poem in a collection, etc.
- For citing a magazine or journal by volume and issue number , the volume is bold and the issue is in (parentheses), but it is ok to just use the date to identify the issue.
- Use no special format for other parts of the citation, such as author, date, chapters and sections, description of letters or miscellaneous papers, explanations, etc.
- I hope this helps. I only have English. If this does not make sense, you can ask for help at Village Pump and somebody else may answer. ~ Ningauble 17:02, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Two people on one account?Edit
Hello and thank you for your contributions to Wikiquote. It appears from statements made on your userpage that there is more than one person operating this Wikiquote account. Is that the case? If so, this is discouraged, see for example the en.wikipedia policy w:WP:NOSHARE, and I would encourage you both to create separate individual accounts for each person. Cirt (talk) 11:55, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
- If Fons Heijnsbroek is the only one using the account, it might be best to make that absolutely clear, or even start a new account just for that one individual and then abandon this one and ask an administrator to block this old one so that there is no confusion that it will not be used by two people anymore. This is also being discussed now at Wikiquote:Administrators'_noticeboard#Two_people_sharing_one_account.3F. Cirt (talk) 21:28, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
The quotes you added to the Antoni Tàpies page when created it do not seem to be sufficiently sourced. I added 2 properly sourced quotes to prevent it being listed for deletion, but more information on the sources of the other quotes would be welcome. ~ Kalki 11:35, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Hello Kalki, I will improve them and give the pages with each quote. I already did two of them, as you can see. The rest will follow. all the bestBenfo 12:40, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Benfo, please stop posting your link spam to your commercial site (quotes-famous-artists.org) to Wikiquote and other Wikimedia sites. If you want to contribute quotes, you can simply enter them into the articles here on Wikiquote. 220.127.116.11 16:45, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Benfo-Dutch. Are you interested in contributing more quotes to Wikiquote, as you did last year? Or are you only here to add links promoting your own website? ~ Ningauble 14:07, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Ningauble; I am concentrating on collecting and editing the artist quotes and extending them, and hope somebody else will put them on Wikiquote; that's what I ask for above in the text of all quote-pages. so it doesn't take my time. By making links I do not promote my website. I know and do better ways to do that. And I am linking to Wikipedia and Wikiquote back, if it suites. Kind regardsBenfo 14:37, 8 September 2010 (UTC)