Stupidest Statement of the Year
Stupidest Statement of the Year was an award given out by the World Stupidity Awards until 2007.
- There were no nominations for Stupidest Statement of the Year in 2003.
- They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country or our people, and neither do we.
- My family and I are deeply sorry for all that Vice President Cheney and his family have had to go through this past week.
- No fruit loops!
- They think work is a four-letter word.
- I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.
- What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?
Stupidest Statement by President George W. BushEdit
- 2006 saw the introduction of a new category.
- Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job.
- I'm the decider, and I decide what is best.
- Peter, are you going to ask that question with shades on?
- Wow! Brazil is big.
- It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way.
- I personally believe that U. S. Americans are unable to [locate the U. S. on a world map] because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should—our education over here in the U. S. should help the U. S., uh, or, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.
- Childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured.
- Le soleil tourne autour de la terre.
- In Iran, we don't have homosexuals. In Iran, we don't have this phenomenon.
- I'm not taking the chance on some motherfucker. I don't care if she's a Mexican, a whore, whatever—it's not 'cause she's black. It’s because we use the word nigger sometimes here. I'm not going to take a chance ever in life for losing everything I've worked for for thirty years 'cause some fucking nigger heard us say nigger and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine. Our career is over. I'm not taking that chance at all, never in life. Never. Never.
- 2004 Stupidest Statement of the Year, StupidityAwards.com
- Bush wins "Stupidest Statement", Darth Vader Accepts on his behalf, StupidityAwards.com
- 2005 The Nominees, StupidityAwards.com
- 2006 World Stupidity Award Winners, StupidityAwards.com
- 2007 News, StupidityAwards.com (20 December 2007)
- Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question, YouTube.com
- "Don't Tase Me, Bro" tops '07 memorable quote list by Arthur Spiegelman, Reuters.com (19 December 2007)
- President Bush: "Childrens do learn...", YouTube.com (27 September 2007)
- En France, le soleil tourne autour de la terre, Tagtele.com (31 May 2007)
- 'No homosexuality here': The Iranian president's claims are difficult to sustain, faced with a centuries-old tradition of homoerotic themes in Persian and Arabic literature by Brian Whitaker, TheGuardian.com (25 September 2007)
- Dog the Bounty Hunter - Racist Rant, YouTube.com (2 November 2007)
- Official website used to be at www.stupidityawards.com but is no longer on-line.