Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith is a 2005 space opera film. It is the final film of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. The film is set three years after the start of the Clone Wars; the noble Jedi Knights are spread across the galaxy leading a massive clone army against the Separatists. After Chancellor Palpatine is kidnapped by the evil General Grievous, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his former Padawan Anakin Skywalker are dispatched to rescue him. Meanwhile, Anakin's friendship with the Chancellor arouses suspicion in the Jedi Order and proves dangerous to the Jedi Knight himself. When the evil Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, unveils a plot to to take over the galaxy, the fate of Anakin, the Jedi Order, and the entire galaxy is at stake. This film was released in theaters on May 19, 2005 in United States.
- Written and directed by George Lucas.
- War! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.
In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.
As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor....
- My mentor taught me everything about the Force...even the nature of the dark side.
- Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace...a larger view of the Force. Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi! Learn to know the dark side of the Force, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.
- Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth Vader.
- Execute Order 66.
- Hello there.
- You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them!
- How uncivilized.
- It's over, Anakin, I have the high ground.
Quotes about Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the SithEdit
- Obviously, fans would love to see a movie about Darth Vader running around killing people. I'm not telling that story, and I'm not interested in that. That's not what the movie is.
- This first trilogy is really about the father, the struggles of a father, or a man, basically, to find himself, and at the same time fall into a trap of wanting certain powers, making a pact with the devil and basically spending the rest of his life regretting it.
- George Lucas "Lucas calls new ‘Star Wars’ film a ‘tearjerker’", Today, Mar. 17, 2005.
- This one is a little tougher, and I think children, young children especially, should be warned that this is not your average Star Wars. It's a lot darker. There's a lot more scary stuff in it. It's brutal in places, and they should be aware of that. And at least if it does come out to be a PG-13, the parents are warned to be careful of bringing tiny little kids, like five and six years old, because it might be too much. Know your kids. I have three kids—they’re all grown up now—but when they were six, I knew what I could take them to and couldn't. People think Star Wars is extremely innocent, although we do cut a lot of people in half and cut off a lot of arms.
- Anakin, as Skywalker, as a human being, was going to be extremely powerful, but he ended up losing his arms and a leg and became partly a robot. So a lot of his ability to use the Force, a lot of his powers, are curbed at this point, because, as a living form, there's not that much of him left. So his ability to be twice as good as the Emperor disappeared, and now he's maybe 20 percent less than the Emperor. So that isn’t what the Emperor had in mind. He wanted this really super guy, but that got derailed by Obi-Wan. So he finds that, with Luke, he can get a more primo version if he can turn Luke to the Dark Side. You'll see, as this goes on, Luke is faced with the same issues and practically the same scenes that Anakin is faced with. Anakin says yes and Luke says no.
- George Lucas "Lucas calls new ‘Star Wars’ film a ‘tearjerker’", Jim Windolf, Vanity Fair, February, 2005.
- We knew that Padmé was going to be pregnant through the whole film, and nobody in the outside world could know that. Because she's pregnant, I wanted a soft quality to be apparent in the fabrics that were used.
- George Lucas "Crafting Revenge," in "An Introduction to Episode III" at StarWars.com; last accessed August 5, 2006.
- Every Story Has A Hero, Every Hero Has A Destiny, Every Saga Has An End.
- Ewan McGregor — Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Natalie Portman — Senator Padmé Amidala
- Hayden Christensen — Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
- Ian McDiarmid — Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
- Samuel L. Jackson — Mace Windu
- Christopher Lee — Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus
- Jimmy Smits — Senator Bail Organa
- Anthony Daniels — C-3PO
- Kenny Baker — R2-D2
- Peter Mayhew — Chewbacca
- Frank Oz — Master Yoda (voice)
- Matthew Wood — General Grievous (voice)
- James Earl Jones — Darth Vader (voice)
The Phantom Menace (1999) · Attack of the Clones (2002) · Revenge of the Sith (2005)
The Force Awakens (2015) · Rogue One (2016) · The Last Jedi (2017)
The Lars FamilyEdit
- Beru (wife)
- Luke (adoptive nephew), Leia’s twin brother
The Organa FamilyEdit
- Breha (wife)
- Leia (adoptive daughter), Luke’s twin sister