American actor, film director, producer and screenwriter
- I mean when the war was over they said it was 12 million. Then it was six. Now it’s four. I mean it’s that kind of numbers game
The Second World War killed tens of millions of people. Some of them were Jews in concentration camps. Many people lost their lives. In the Ukraine, several million starved to death between 1932 and 1933. During the last century, 20 million people died in the Soviet Union.
Nobody wants to have their name, you know, besmirched on the front of newspapers and people say wicked things about them and their family and call them all sorts of names, accuse them of being anti-Semitic and everything else. I mean that’s not part of my design. I don’t enjoy experiencing that. That’s just coming from some place that I have no control over.
- The precursors to a civilization that’s going under are the same, time and time again. … What's human sacrifice if not sending guys off to Iraq for no reason?
- If you're going to wear three hats, you'd better grow two more heads.
- I don't think of myself as either American or Australian really, I'm a true hybrid. It's a good thing for me because both of them are really good countries.
- My family means more to me than the artificial trappings of my career. If ever I had to choose between my career and my family, the wife and kids would definitely come out on top.
- Excerpted from Wensley Clarkson's "Mel Gibson; Living Dangerously", page 300.
- I'm not anti-Semitic. My Gospels are not anti-Semitic. I've shown it to many Jews and they're like, it's not anti-Semitic. It's interesting that the people who say it's anti-Semitic say that before they saw the film, and they said the same thing after they saw the film.
- I don't feel like I want to get in front of a camera any more. I like getting, you know, just being a slob behind a camera and watching other people look good. You know, I might not hurry back. I might go and go somewhere no-one can find me. You know where that is? You know where the place is no-one can find you? I was thinking of pitching my tent right next to the weapons of mass destruction. Then no-one would find me.
- They take it up the ass. [pointing at his posterior] This is only for taking a shit.
- Discussing homosexuals in an interview with El Pais magazine, December 1991.
- I became an actor despite that. But with this look, who's going to think I'm gay? It would be hard to take me for someone like that. Do I sound like a homosexual? Do I talk like them? Do I move like them?
- Discussing the perception that many actors are gay in an interview with El Pais magazine, December 1991.
- Hey, I'm for love, not war. How about we have a beer?
- An intoxicated Gibson to the infuriated driver he had just rear ended in Toronto. In 1984 he pleaded guilty to drunk driving and was fined $300 and banned from driving in Canada for 3 months. While in court, he apologized to the people of Toronto and thanked the police. Excerpted from Wensley Clarkson's "Mel Gibson; Living Dangerously," page 175.
- The L.A. Times, it's an anti-Christian publication, as is the New York Times.
- Why are they calling her a Nazi? …Because modern secular Judaism wants to blame the holocaust on the Catholic Church. And it's a lie. And it's revisionism. And they've been working on that one for a while.
- This is not a Christian versus Jewish thing. '(Jesus) came into the world and it knew him not.' Looking at Christ's crucifixion, I look first at my own culpability in that.
- Discussing The Passion of the Christ in an interview on Eternal Word Television Network, March 2004.
- The only way to maintain a moderate sum of happiness in this life, is not to worry about the future or regret the past too much.
- Fucking Jews... Jews are responsible for all wars in the world.
- What are you looking at, sugartits?
- July 28, 2006 addressing a female police officer after being pulled over for speeding and drunk driving in Malibu, California. Gibsons Anti Semitic Tirade Alleged Coverup, TMZ, 7/28/2006.
- After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the L.A. County sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person. I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said and I apologize to anyone who I have offended. Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health.
- Apology issued July 29, 2006 for his behavior and comments during the incident with his drunk driving and speeding. 
- I fully support the efforts of Mr. & Mrs. Schindler to save their daughter, Terri Schiavo, from a cruel starvation. Terri's husband should sign the care of his wife over to her parents so she can be properly cared for.
- You're an embarrassment to me. You look like a fucking bitch in heat, and if you get raped by a pack of niggers, it will be your fault.
- Taped phone conversation of Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva, the mother of his daughter.
- Who wants to eat?! Who the fuck wants to eat?! Go have something to eat! Hurrrrraaaaayyyyyy!
- Rant taped by Nick Eszterhas, son of screenwriter Joe Eszterhas, in Costa Rica 
- This is extraordinary. We live in a culture where the terms fascist and racist are thrown about, if anything, too easily and too frequently. Yet here is a man whose every word and deed is easily explicable once you know the single essential thing about him: He is a member of a fascist splinter group that believes it is the salvation of the Catholic Church.
- Christopher Hitchens, Mel Gibson Isn't Just an Angry Narcissist: His tirades are the distilled violence, cruelty, and bigotry of right-wing Catholic ideology., Slate, July. 19, 2010
- Say what you want about Mel Gibson, but the son-of-a-bitch knows story structure!
- South Park - Imaginationland, part I.