American pop singer (born 1981)
Britney Jean Spears (born 2 December 1981) is an American pop singer, dancer, and occasional actress.
- Sundance is weird. The movies are weird—you actually have to think about them when you watch them.
- After walking out of a screening of The Singing Detective (2003) at the Sundance Film Festival; quoted in The Washington Post (31 January 2003) and other newspapers; later in Time magazine (10 February 2003) p. 21.
- I just want to say that um, I'm just really, really shocked at like how nice our world is because it's just so nice. Like oh my God! Like, the other day, like I was sitting there and I saw these magazines and they said I was pregnant, and like, it's so true. Like America, believe everything you read. Because, like, you're smart and I'm stupid. Like for real. Come on y'all.
- Sarcastic message delivered in "valley girl" tones, recorded by X17online, as quoted in "Britney, like, totally breaks her silence" at Access Hollywood (17 April 2007).
- Eat it, lick it, snort it, fuck it!
- Response to a reporter asking her how she was doing, amidst all the media attention giving to her personal life, as quoted in "Britney Goes on Foul-Mouthed Tirade" in Extra (26 October 2007).
- I look back and think I'm a smart person! What the hell was I thinking?
- Britney: For the Record (2008).
CNN interview with Tucker Carlson (3 September 2003)Edit
- Carlson: Give me the chronology of the kiss. How did you decide to kiss Madonna?
Spears: Well, actually, in rehearsals, it wasn't something that was like, "Y'know, This is what we're gonna do. Y'know." It was just kinda like we play around a little bit and, um, she said during—before the performance, "Let's just feel it out and see what happens." So I didn't know it was gonna be that long and everything, but it was cool.
- I think I'm still clean living, you know? That's something, when I—I don't go home and have orgies or anything like that. I'm still the same person that I've always been. So….
- Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and, um, be faithful in what happens.
- CNN interview with Tucker Carlson (3 September 2003); later used in Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) by Michael Moore.
Diane Sawyer interview, 60 Minutes (23 November 2003)Edit
- About shocking. You know I feel comfortable in my skin. I think it's an okay thing to express yourself.
- Everyone now, they look back and they're like, "What happened to your sweet image that you used to be?" And I'm like, then when you came out you thought I was too provocative. It's like you can never win. No matter what you do, at the end of the day you can't please everybody, you know. I'm not here to please...
- I think honestly if you can wait until you're married I think you should definitely do that, because it's so much more sacred. That you don't go around sleeping with people. But I mean, I really thought I was going to be with him for the rest of my life, I did.
- Referring to losing her virginity to ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake.
- The only person I do worry about, that I want to be a good person for, I think is my responsibility, is my sister. I'm going to be cool for you, okay. I like, I need to, I like being by myself right now. I think it's good for me.
Matt Lauer interview, MSNBC (14 June 2006)Edit
- I'm very, very blessed. But my safety, my privacy, and my respect are three things that I feel like are trying to be taken away from me right now. As a mother I have to speak up and say something. I have to speak up.
- I think with anybody who's doing well in the public eye or whatever, there's always gonna be a shift because people don't wanna see somebody happy all the time. And they're gonna try to take shots at people.
- That driving incident, I did it with my dad. I'd sit on his lap and I drive. We're country.
- Oh, I've wept. Yeah, I've definitely wept just with the world, you know, how judgmental they are. You know what, I know I'm a good mom.
- There will be a "Oops 100." They'll be plenty more oopses. I'm not perfect. I'm human.
- You have babies at home. And you have a life. And if you don't, you have to realize that we're people and that we just need privacy and we need our respect. And those are things that you have to have as a human being.
- There's always a way. Where there's a will there is a way. You have to believe.
- I'm so blessed with my baby. And I want the most normal life possible for him. And I'll manage, I will create that.
The X Factor, season 2 (2012)Edit
- Saying 'no' is so heartbreaking.
"...Baby One More Time"(1999)Edit
- My loneliness is killing me (and I)
I must confess, I still Believe (still believe)
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign!
Hit me Baby One More Time!
- Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm Scared Of You
"Oops!...I did it again" (2000)Edit
- Oops!...I did it again
I played with your heart
got lost in the game
Oh baby baby I did this to you please forgive baby
"In The Zone" (2003)Edit
- With a taste of your lips
I'm on a ride
You're toxic, I'm slipping under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic
- Every time I try
To fly, I fall.
Without my wings,
I feel so small.
Britney & Kevin: Chaotic (2005)Edit
I will understand
In God's whole plan
And what He's done to me
Oh, but maybe
Someday I will breathe
And I'll finally see
I'll see it all in my baby
- Every day
The sun comes up again
A little hope begins
- "Every Day" (leaked 6 October 2011)
About Britney SpearsEdit
- I don't think you can ever count somebody like her out. Because she may appear one way, but she's very clever.
- Justin Timberlake, interview with GQ.  (19 July 2006).
- Yes, I've done Britney Spears, but don't blame me, okay? I make her up and she just takes everything off and does her own thing.
- Britt Bardo, Britney Spears' stylist  (January 2007).
- Her song is called "Gimme More" for a reason: because all you people want is more, more, more, more, more! Leave her alone! You're lucky she even performed for you bastards! Leave Britney alone! Please!
- Chris Crocker in a YouTube video blog entry responding to criticism of Spears's performance at the 2007 Video Music Awards  (September 2007).
- Every time I look at that girl on television, I admire her, not because she's a celebrity—I don't admire her celebreality—I admire her because she's a child of God and doesn't know it. I'm talkin' 'bout Britney Spears. It breaks my heart. Anna Nicole, it broke my heart. You know, I knew what she was doing, I didn't like what she was doing, but I know she's a child of God, and I see people all the time, who have so much that don't know they have, so much beauty, inner beauty, and so much going for them that they don't know they're goin', but the Devil will take everything from you if you don't know who you are in Christ.
- Archbishop LeRoy Bailey Jr., senior pastor of The First Cathedral, from a sermon titled "Abundant Overflowing Thought" (delivered 24 February 2008).
- Watching Britney Spears the other night [on the MTV Video Music Awards] was like watching a public execution. How could the people at MTV, the people around her, not know this girl was fucked up? People came in expecting a train wreck, and they got more than they bargained for.
- Billie Joe Armstrong
- Fricke, David (2007-11-15) "BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG", Rolling Stone (1039):140-142.
- Britney’s been doing it since she was like 13. It's kind of fair that she had a little bit of a meltdown. I mean, she's been through a lot. I think she's gonna be alright now. She's an intelligent girl.
- Taryn Manning, Black Book magazine (10 March 2009).