Haj Amin al-Husseini
Haj Amin al-Husseini (c. 1897 – July 1974) was the leader of Palestinian Arab nationalist and Muslim leader in Mandatory Palestine. He died in Beirut, Lebanon. He's noted for being one of the prominent leader of Palestine, key inspiration for the leaders like Gamal Abdel Nasser, Yasser Arafat and more.
- No one ever thought that 140,000,000 Americans would become the hands of the Jews....How would the Americans dare to Judaize Palestine while the Arabs are still alive?...The wicked American intentions toward the Arabs are now clear, and there remain no doubts that they are endeavoring to establish a Jewish empire in the Arab world. More than 400,000,000 Arabs [?] oppose this criminal American movement.... Arabs! Rise as one and fight for your sacred rights. Kill the Jews wherever you find them. This pleases God, history, and religion. This saves your honor. God is with you.
- Quoted in Joseph B. Schechtman, The Mufti and the Fuhrer (1965) p. 150
Quotes about Haj Amin al-HusseiniEdit
- Husseini is still regarded by many as 'the George Washington' of the Palestinian people, and if the Palestinians were to get a state of their own, he would be honored in the way our founding father is.
- Dalin and Rothman, Icon of Evil, p. 105
- Hajj Amin el-Husseini, ex-mufti of Jerusalem, and Muslim jihadist, who became, additionally, a full-fledged Nazi collaborator and ideologue in his endeavors to abort a Jewish homeland and destroy world Jewry, was also a committed supporter of global jihad movements. Urging a “full struggle” against the Hindus of India (as well as the Jews of Israel) before delegates at the February 1951 World Muslim Congress, he stated: “We shall meet next with sword in hand on the soil of either Kashmir or Palestine.”
- Bostom, A. G. (2015). Sharia versus freedom: The legacy of Islamic totalitarianism.
- Hitler didn’t want to exterminate the Jews at the time [of the meeting between the mufti and the Nazi leader]. He wanted to expel the Jews... And Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said, ‘If you expel them, they’ll all come here [to mandatory Palestine],'... ‘So what should I do with them?’ He [Hitler] asked. He [Husseini] said, ‘Burn them.'”
- Benjamin Netanyahu in 2015. Accuracy of this characterization is disputed.
- Encyclopedic article on Amin al-Husseini at Wikipedia
- Media related to Haj Amin al-Husseini at Wikimedia Commons