Ghostbusters II is a 1989 film and the sequel to Ghostbusters. In the film, the discovery of a massive river of ectoplasm and a resurgence of spectral activity allows the staff of Ghostbusters to revive the business.
- [Ray Stantz and Winston Zeddemore show up as children's party entertainers]
- Dr. Raymond Stantz and Winston Zeddemore: [singing] If there's something strange in your neighborhood / who you gonna call?
- Kids at party: He-Man! He-Man!
- [Peter Venkman hosts a new episode of his show, World of the Psychic]
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Hi, welcome back to World of the Psychic, I'm Peter Venkman. I'm chatting with my guest, author, lecturer and psychic, Milton Anglund. Milt, your new book is called "The End of the World." Now can you tell us when it's going to be or do we have to buy the book?
- Milton Auglund: Well I predict that the world will end at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.
- Venkman: This year?
- Auglund: Mm-hmm.
- Venkman: Well that's cutting it a little bit close, isn't it? I mean, just from a sales point of view, I mean your book is just coming out, you're not gonna see any paperback sales for at least a year. It'll be at least another year before you know whether you've got that mini-series or movie of the week kind of possibilities. I mean just Devil's Advocate Milty! I mean shouldn't you have said: Hey the worlds going to end in 1992! Or better yet 1994!
- Auglund: This is not just some money-making scheme! Alright! I have a strong psychic belief that the world will end on New Year's Eve. [begins to cry]
- Venkman: Well, for your sake, I hope you're right. Okay. But I think my other guest may disagree with you. Elaine, now you had another date in mind?
- Elaine: According to my source, the end of the world will be on February 14, in the year 2016.
- Venkman: Valentine's Day. Bummer. Where did you get your date, Elaine?
- Elaine: I received this information from an alien. As I told my husband, it was in the Paramus Holiday Inn, I was having a drink at the bar, alone, and this alien approached me. He started talking to me. He bought me a drink, and then I think he must have used some kind of a ray or a mind control device because he forced me to follow him to his room and that's where he told me about the end of the world.
- Venkman: So your alien had a room at the Holiday Inn, Paramus.
- Elaine: It might have been a room on the spacecraft made up to look like a room in the Holiday Inn. I can't be sure about that, Peter.
- Venkman: [to audience] Of course not! And that is the whole problem with aliens; is you just can't trust them. Occasionally you meet a nice one; Starman, E.T., but usually they turn out to be some kind of big lizard. That's all the time we've got for this week on 'World of the Psychic'. Next week though . . . hairless pets. [holds up a hairless cat] Weird. Until then, this is Peter Venkman saying [puts a finger to his temple and sends out a thought to his viewers; laughs] See you then!
- [two ghosts in electric chairs are attacking the court room as Judge Wexler admonishes the Ghostbusters over their work on First Avenue]
- Judge Wexler: Oh my god! The Scoleri brothers!
- Dr. Raymond Stantz: Friends of yours?
- Judge Wexler: I tried 'em for murder! Gave 'em the chair! You've gotta do something!
- Dr. Egon Spengler: Why don't you just tell them you don't believe in ghosts?
- [the Ghostbusters turn on their proton packs and sing]
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Do.
- Dr. Raymond Stanz: Re.
- Dr. Egon Spengler: Egon. [Venkman and Stantz stare at him and he smiles back]
- [the Ghostbusters study a painting at the Metropolitan Museum of Art]
- Dr. Egon Spengler: Vigo the Carpathian. Born 1505, died 1610.
- Dr. Peter Venkman: 105 years old? He hung in there, didn't he?
- Dr. Raymond Stantz: He didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn and quartered.
- Venkman: Ouch.
- Winston Zeddemore: Guess he wasn't too popular at the end, huh?
- Spengler: No, not exactly a man of the people. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy.
- Venkman: Wasn't he also Vigo the Butch?
- Stantz: And dig this, there was a prophecy. Just before his head died, his last words were "Death is but a door, time is but a window: I'll be back."
- [the NYPD is hands full receiving calls about the paranormal attacks all over the city, but one call...]
- NYPD Officer: What? Wait a minute.. [to colleague] Lieutenant, you better talk to this guy.
- NYPD Lieutenant: I'm busy here!
- NYPD Officer: It's the dock supervisor down at Pier 34.
- NYPD Lieutenant: What's the problem?
- NYPD Officer: He said the Titanic just arrived.
- Pier 34 Supervisor: [sees the Titanic at the moorings discharging passengers; to colleague] Well, better late than never!
- [Having received multiple reports of paranormal attacks over NYC, the mayor concludes he has no choice but to call the Ghostbusters, unaware that Hardemeyer has sent them to an insane asylum.]
- Jack Hardemeyer: Wait! Uh... Now, I'm sure there's another way.
- Mayor: Jack, I spent an hour last night in my bedroom talking to Fiorello LaGuardia, and he's been dead for 40 years! [forceful tone] Now where are the Ghostbusters?
- [Having animated the Statue of Liberty with the special ectoplasm, the Ghostbusters pilot it down Manhattan on the way to the museum, with thousands of New Yorkers cheering them on.]
- Dr. Egon Spengler: We're running out of time, Ray, it's almost midnight. Can't you make her go any faster?
- Ray Stantz: I'm afraid the vibrations will shake her to pieces. We should have padded her feet!
- Egon: I don't think they make Nikes in her size, Ray.
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Don't worry, she's tough. She's a harbor chick!
- [the statue stomps a police cruiser flat]
- Ray: Sorry, my fault!
- [Vigo's awesome power has paralyzed all of the Ghostbusters. He holds Oscar aloft.]
- Vigo: Now we become one.
- [Suddenly, singing is heard from outside]
- Crowd: 'Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and ne'er brought to mind...'
- Dr. Raymond Stanz: Where's that singing coming from?
- Winston Zeddemore: The people outside!
- [Vigo begins to roar in pain]
- Crowd: 'If auld aquaintance be forgot, remember Auld Lang Syne!'
- [They continue to sing. Vigo roars, his form becoming less tangible]
- Dr. Egon Spengler: He's weakening! The singing is neutralizing the slime!
- Stanz: I can move!
- Spengler: He's back in the painting!
- Guess who's coming to save the world again?
- Be ready to believe us.
- The Superstars of the Supernatural are back. And this time, it's no marshmallow roast.
- We're back!
About Ghostbusters IIEdit
- I’m not interested in doing anything I’ve already done, and I thought the second one was a disappointment.
- Rick Moranis, "Rick Moranis Talks Ghostbusters 3 Involvement". The Mary Sue. 2013-06-25. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Harold Ramis as Dr. Egon Spengler
- Bill Murray as Dr. Peter Venkman
- Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Raymond Stantz
- Ernie Hudson as Winston Zeddemore
- Sigourney Weaver as Dana Barrett
- William T. Deutschendorf and Hank J. Deutschendorf II as Baby Oscar
- Rick Moranis as Louis Tully
- Annie Potts as Janine Melnitz
- Peter MacNicol as Dr. Janosz Poha
- Harris Yulin as Judge Stephen Wexler
- Janet Margolin as Prosecuting Attorney "Kitten"
- David Marqulies as Mayor Lenny
- Kurt Fuller as Jack Hardemeyer
- Wilhelm von Homburg as Vigo the Carpathian
Encyclopedic article on Ghostbusters II at Wikipedia
|FILMS||Ghostbusters (1984) · Ghostbusters II (1989) · Ghostbusters (2016)|
|TELEVISION||The Real Ghostbusters (1986–1992) · Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Extreme Ghostbusters (1997)|
|NOVELS||Ghostbusters: The Return (2004)|
|COMICS||The Real Ghostbusters (1988–1992) · Ghostbusters: Legion (2004–2005) · Ghostbusters: Ghost Busted (2008) · Ghostbusters: Total Containment (2011–2012) · Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria (2013–2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Ghostbusters II (1990) · New Ghostbusters II (1990) · The Real Ghostbusters (1993) · Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009) · Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (2011) · Lego Dimensions (2015)|