Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a 2009 video game published by Atari. The game takes place two years after Ghostbusters II and reunites the cast including Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson and Annie Potts. The player is a rookie, who joins the Ghostbusters as they uncover the latest evil plot that could terrorize the world.
- Hey! It's the new cadet! Welcome aboard.
- (Looking at the Stay Puft Marshmallow man) It wasn't me this time, I swear it.
- Yo! Little help!
- Oww. I mean, that was "oww" there.
- You can use the proton stream to take out objects blocking your way. That's it. Just throw the junk around.
- You destroyed a significant part of a five-star in under three hours. Your mother and I are so proud of you. Right, Egon?
- (after being slimed by Slimer a second time) Gaaah, funkified again!!!
- (About Ray being possessed again) Just like a puppy...every day's the first day.
- Help me!
- I don't know what you guys did to me, but you owe me a BIG apology.
- Are you kidding me? Haunted laundromats?
- We eat gods for breakfast!
- (Opening Lines)
- Ray: Are you troubled by strange noises in the night?
- Egon: Do you experience feelings of dread in basement or attic?
- Peter: Have you or your family actually seen a spook, spectre, or ghost?
- (A Museum Guard is watching the Ghostbusters commercial, unaware of ghosts in the museum seen in other cameras.)
- Ray: If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute.
- Peter: Just pick up the phone and call the professionals.
- Egon: Call the -
- All three: Ghostbusters! We're ready to believe you.
- Peter: Franchises available soon! Call for details.
- (All cameras go haywire)
- Museum Guard 1: Whoa! (Calls other museum guard) Russell, hey man, are you there? Come in. You near the east wing?
- Museum Guard 2: Yep.
- Museum Guard 1: B-b-by the new Gozer exhibit?
- Museum Guard 2: Yeah, why?
- Museum Guard 1: There's something headed your way.
- Museum Guard 2: Wait, I hear somethin'. I'm gonna take a look. [One exhibit's eyes glow]
- Museum Guard 1: Wanna hear somethin' really creepy? I was reading about Shandor, you know the guy who donated most of the new Gozer stuff? He was in a cult, you know the supenatural. Weird too.
- Museum Guard 2: (Startled at the sight of a skeleton exhibit) Uhh, why don't we talk about it some other time. Any other time. (Waves flashlight. He sees a woman running) AAAAA! Hey, you can't be in here. Stop! (Sees a blue shockwave.) AAAAAAAAA!
- (Shockwave reaches to the whole of New York.)
- Janine: (On phone) Ghostbusters. Is your haunting an apparition, poltergeist, phantasm, wraith, banshee, demon, spectre, tortured soul or - [pauses] What? (Shows a trapped Slimer) No. We do not summon dead family members and catch them so you ask them the combination of your safe. Yeah, well, same to you, pal.
- (Ray is wearing an improved proton pack. Egon is fixing it.)
- Egon: This might be a little dangerous.
- Ray: Great. Danger is our life.
- Egon: Let's start at a fifty-percent capacity. That could keep any burning or tissue damage to a minimum.
- Peter: Hey, if you're gonna burn any tissue, do it to the new kid. You can't use Ray. Our mortgage is in his name.
- Ray: I guess he's right. What's your name again, kid?
- Peter: No names, Ray. I do not want to get too attached to this kid. You know, just in case. Hehe, you want to remember what happened to the last guy.
- Ray: (Rookie places in the pack) He's tuned and ready to go. You might feel a little tingle.
- Egon: Good. We've perfected an extensive and rigorous training regimen that will teach you all you're equipment's basic functions.
- Ray: It takes some time to achieve master throw skill, but it's definitely worth the effort.
- (The blue shockwave approaches them)
- Egon: Was that us?
- Ray: I don't think so.
- Peter: Ray.
- Ray: That must be some sort of side energy pulse. Substantial! A significant collective and centralized necromatic convultion. Level 7 or more.
- Egon: Agreed. We need EMF measurement checks now.
- (Slimer's cage cracks)
- Janine: I know the answer but I have to ask anyway: Is a level 7 whatever, bad, or very bad?
- Egon: On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say -
- Peter: Let me guess. It's a 7.
- Ray: Let's just say we're about to get real busy.
- (Slimer escapes)
- Peter: And that is not the fun kind of getting busy. Is it, Ray?
- Ray: Look out! Slimer's escaped again!
- Peter: (Sarcastically speaking) No. Wait. Come back.
- (after Ray, the Rookie, and Peter knock off The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from the building they're on)
- Peter: (looking down the building) Here he goes, let's see if he comes all the way down to- Oh! not quite, didn't make it. (turns to Ray) Hey Ray, say 3 guys, the size of your finger, knocked you off the side of a 30-story building and you had to climb all the way back up to tear them apart, how mad would you be at those 3 little dinky types?
- Ray: I'd go with mighty pissed... oh, and throw in a sugar high too.
- Dr. Ilyssa: That giant blue and white toy, man, thing, is still coming! it's climbing the building!
- Peter: I'm impressed with his agility, considering his complete lack of bones.
- Egon: (heard from Peter's communicator) Peter, we got the Super Slammer on pulse, Ecto-1 is rolling, we're re-positioning now, can you hold the Stay Puft here for just a few minutles?
- Ray: If by few, you mean less-than-one, than sure, we can do that.
- (Stay Puft's climbing causes a brief shake on the rooftop, which causes the Rookie to stumble and fall off the rooftop, only for Ray the grab his belt.)
- Peter: Hey, did somebody tell you it was break time?
- Ray: No sweat, kid! we got you!
- Peter: Well, as long as you're down here, can you see if you can knock off Mr. Sweetness?
- Dr. Rutherford: (Referring to Ray being possessed) Will he be okay?
- Winston: How you doin', Ray?
- Ray: Hazza buzza. Hazza buzza? Bozza wazza shum.
- (Possessor Ghosts attack over Radio)
- Ray: Whoa! We're under attack! We'll get back to you!
- Winston: Ray, stay away from any possess...
- Ray (possessed): KAZZA GORBA SMOTZ CHORZIG GLUMP! FROGA! FROGA!
- Winston: Um, Dr. Rutherford? If you're still there, can you go catch Dr. Stantz, please?
- Egon: I've calculated 54 different outcomes. In three of them, we survive.
- Winston: That's still better odds then usual.
- Ray: "We eat gods for breakfast"?
- Egon: Too much, do you think?
- Ray: No, I liked it.
- (After defeating Juvenile Slor)
- Ray:(Wasn't with the rest of the group) How was it!? Was it cool!? What did it look like!? Did you get any samples!? Did it have multiple eyes!?
- (Other Ghostbusters turn to face Ray with ticked faces)
- Egon: Shut up.
Encyclopedic article on Ghostbusters: The Video Game at Wikipedia
|FILMS||Ghostbusters (1984) · Ghostbusters II (1989) · Ghostbusters (2016)|
|TELEVISION||The Real Ghostbusters (1986–1992) · Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Extreme Ghostbusters (1997)|
|NOVELS||Ghostbusters: The Return (2004)|
|COMICS||The Real Ghostbusters (1988–1992) · Ghostbusters: Legion (2004–2005) · Ghostbusters: Ghost Busted (2008) · Ghostbusters: Total Containment (2011–2012) · Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria (2013–2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Ghostbusters II (1990) · New Ghostbusters II (1990) · The Real Ghostbusters (1993) · Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009) · Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (2011) · Lego Dimensions (2015)|