Criminal Minds (season 9)
season of television series
Criminal Minds (2005–) is an American television show, airing on CBS, about an elite squad of FBI profilers that analyzes the country's most twisted criminal minds and anticipates their next move before they strike again.
The Inspiration [9.01]Edit
- David Rossi: "Who knows where inspiration comes from. Perhaps it arises from desperation. Perhaps it comes from the flukes of the universe, the kindness of the muses." Amy Tan
- Aaron Hotchner: Josh Billings once wrote, "There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins."
The Inspired [9.02]Edit
- Derek Morgan: "We are not only our brother's keeper; in countless large and small ways, we are our brother's maker." Bonaro Overstreet
- Aaron Hotchner: "They mess you up, your Mom and Dad. They may not mean to, but they do. They fill you with the faults they had. And add some extra, just for you." Philip Larkin
Final Shot [9.03]Edit
- David Rossi: "Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." John F. Kennedy
To Bear Witness [9.04]Edit
- Derek Morgan: "Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too was a gift." Mary Oliver
- Aaron Hotchner: "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live." Norman Cousins
Route 66 [9.05]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: "Life is a dream. Realize it." Mother Teresa
In the Blood [9.06]Edit
- Spencer Reid: "After all, what is man but a hoard of ghosts? Oaks, that were acorns, that were oaks." Walter de la Mare
- Penelope Garcia: Mitch Albom said, "Death ends a life, not a relationship."
- David Rossi: "If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin
- Spencer Reid: "The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them." Frank Clark
The Return [9.08]Edit
- Derek Morgan: Alfred Hitchcock said, "There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it."
- Jennifer Jareau: "The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse." Edmund Burke
Strange Fruit [9.09]Edit
- David Rossi: "The universe doesn't like secrets; it conspires to reveal the truth to lead you to it." Lisa Unger
The Caller [9.10]Edit
- Spencer Reid: "Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil." Aristotle
- David Rossi: "We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings." Albert Einstein
- Alex Blake: "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet." Vietnamese proverb
- Alex Blake: "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." Helen Keller
The Black Queen [9.12]Edit
- Derek Morgan: "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates." Thomas Szasz
- Penelope Garcia: "To invent your own life's meaning is not easy, but it's still allowed, and I think you'll be happier for the trouble." Bill Watterson
The Road Home [9.13]Edit
- Derek Morgan: "Beware the fury of a patient man." John Dryden
- David Rossi: "Forgiveness does not change the past but it does enlarge the future." Paul Boese
- Emily Prentiss: "Why should we look to the past in order to prepare for the future? Because there is nowhere else to look." James Burke
- Jennifer Jareau: Nietzsche said, "When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you."
Mr. & Mrs. Anderson [9.15]Edit
- Alex Blake: Author Jennifer Smith wrote, "Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story."
- Penelope Garcia: "Each relationship nurtures a strength or weakness within you." Mike Murdock
- Aaron Hotchner: "It's often said there is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world."
- Jennifer Jareau: "A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them." Victor Hugo
- Spencer Reid: "The secret of my influence has always been that it remained secret." Salvador Dali
- David Rossi: "Illusion is needed to disguise the emptiness within." Arthur Erickson
- Spencer Reid: "It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has." Hippocrates
- Derek Morgan: "Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil." Baltasar Gracian
The Edge of Winter [9.19]Edit
- Derek Morgan: "No one is ever a victim, although your conquerors would have you believe in your own victimhood. How else could they conquer you?" Barbara Marciniak
- Derek Morgan: "There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain, the mind must leave reality behind." Patrick Rothfuss
Blood Relations [9.20]Edit
- Alex Blake: "The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner
What Happens in Mecklinburg [9.21]Edit
- Spencer Reid: Albert Einstein said, "In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same."
- Aaron Hotchner: A proverb states, "He that was born to be hanged will never be drowned."
- David Rossi: "A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." Jean de la Fontaine
Angels (Part 1) [9.23]Edit
- David Rossi: "The name written on her forehead was a mystery: Babylon the Great, the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth." Revelation 17:5