Criminal Minds (season 4)
season of television series
Criminal Minds (2005–) is an American television show, airing on CBS, about an elite squad of FBI profilers that analyzes the country's most twisted criminal minds and anticipates their next move before they strike again.
- 1 Mayhem [4.01]
- 2 The Angel Maker [4.02]
- 3 Minimal Loss [4.03]
- 4 Paradise [4.04]
- 5 Catching Out [4.05]
- 6 The Instincts [4.06]
- 7 Memoriam [4.07]
- 8 Masterpiece [4.08]
- 9 52 Pickup [4.09]
- 10 Brothers in Arms [4.10]
- 11 Normal [4.11]
- 12 Soul Mates [4.12]
- 13 Bloodline [4.13]
- 14 Cold Comfort [4.14]
- 15 Zoe's Reprise [4.15]
- 16 Pleasure Is My Business [4.16]
- 17 Demonology [4.17]
- 18 Omnivore [4.18]
- 19 House on Fire [4.19]
- 20 Conflicted [4.20]
- 21 A Shade of Gray [4.21]
- 22 The Big Wheel [4.22]
- 23 Roadkill [4.23]
- 24 Amplification [4.24]
- 25 To Hell and Back (Part 1) [4.25]
- 26 To Hell and Back (Part 2) [4.26]
The Angel Maker [4.02]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: "We all die. The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." Chuck Palahniuk
- Aaron Hotchner: Wendell Berry said, "The past is our definition. We may strive with good reason to escape it, or to escape what is bad in it, but we will escape it only by adding something better to it."
Minimal Loss [4.03]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: Roman poet Phaedrus wrote, "Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many. The intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Catching Out [4.05]Edit
- Emily Prentiss: "Plenty sits still; hunger is a wanderer." Zulu proverb
- Emily Prentiss: "Beyond the East the sunrise, beyond the West the sea, and the East and West, the wander-thirst that will not let me be." Gerald Gould
The Instincts [4.06]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: Amos Bronson Alcott said, "Who speaks to the instincts speaks to the deepest in mankind and finds the readiest response."
- Spencer Reid: "What was silent in the father speaks in the son, and often I found in the son the unveiled secret of the father." Friedrich Nietzsche
- Spencer Reid: "There is no refuge from memory and remorse in this world. The spirits of our foolish deeds haunt us, with or without repentance." Gilbert Parker
- David Rossi: "Let us consider that we are all insane. It will explain us to each other. It will unriddle many riddles." Mark Twain
- David Rossi: "Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love." Martin Luther King, Jr.
52 Pickup [4.09]Edit
Brothers in Arms [4.10]Edit
- Derek Morgan: "We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it." Ayn Rand
- Derek Morgan: "For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare
- Aaron Hotchner: "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H.L. Mencken
Soul Mates [4.12]Edit
- Spencer Reid: "No mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore." Sigmund Freud
- Emily Prentiss: Winston Churchill said, "There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues of human society are created, strengthened and maintained."
Cold Comfort [4.14]Edit
- Jennifer Jareau: "... and so all the night tide, I lie down by the side, of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride. In the sepulcher there by the sea, in her tomb by the sounding sea." Edgar Allan Poe
Zoe's Reprise [4.15]Edit
- David Rossi: "I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn." Albert Einstein
- David Rossi: Austrian novelist Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach wrote, "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
Pleasure Is My Business [4.16]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: "Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny." John Hobbes
House on Fire [4.19]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: Tennessee Williams said, "We all live in a house on fire. No fire department to call, no way out."
- Aaron Hotchner: "I have loved to the point of madness; that which is called madness, that which to me, is the only sensible way to love." Françoise Sagan
- Spencer Reid: "Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett
- Spencer Reid: Stephen King wrote, "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win."
A Shade of Gray [4.21]Edit
- David Rossi: Dr. Burton Grebin once said, "To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself."
- David Rossi: André Maurois wrote, "Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold."
The Big Wheel [4.22]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." Francis Bacon
- Aaron Hotchner: "I'm not sure about automobiles. With all their speed forward, they may be a step backward in civilization." Booth Tarkington
- Spencer Reid: "It will become fine dust over all the land of Egypt and it will become boils breaking out with sores on man and beast through all the land of Egypt." Exodus 9:9
- Spencer Reid: "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller
To Hell and Back (Part 1) [4.25]Edit
To Hell and Back (Part 2) [4.26]Edit
- Aaron Hotchner: Sometimes there are no words, no clever quotes to neatly sum up what's happened that day. Sometimes you do everything right, everything exactly right, and still you feel like you failed. Did it need to end that way? Could something have been done to prevent the tragedy in the first place? Eighty-nine murders at the pig farm; the deaths of Mason and Lucas Turner make ninety-one lives snuffed out. Kelly Shane will go home and try to recover, to reconnect with her family, but she'll never be a child again. William Hightower, who gave his leg for his country, gave the rest of himself to avenge his sister's murder. That makes ninety-three lives forever altered, not counting family and friends, in a small town in Sarnia, Ontario, who thought monsters didn't exist, until they learned that they spent their lives with one. And what about my team? How many more times will they be able to look into the abyss? How many more times before they won't ever recover the pieces of themselves that this job takes?
- [Hotch enters his apartment, pours himself a drink and raises it to his lips. He freezes as a hooded figure appears behind him with a gun in hand and turns around to see the barrel pointed at his chest.]
- Hotch: Like I said, sometimes there are no words, no clever quotes to neatly sum up what's happened that day.
- George Foyet: You should have made a deal.
- Hotch: Sometimes, the day just...
- [the screen cuts to black as a gunshot rings out]
- Hotch: ...ends.