- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump or ask one of the members of the Welcoming Committee.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
You should keep this line intact:
I would like to propose moving the title of Barker's page to George Barker (poet) in order to match the title of his page on Wikipedia. The article would also have redirects for George Barker and George Granville Barker. - InvisibleSun 06:54, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
For your informationEdit
Hi Phaedriel - I know you as an active wikimedian and an active member of this community. I also know folks have views on "canvassing" - however you may wish to take a look at the requests for Checkuser rights for Jeff & Aphaia here and vote maybe (both are dedicated long serving members of the community. It will help the community to deal with vandalism the deep rooted vandalism that tends to occur on small wikis and which otherwise requires steward intervention which is sadly not always available quickly. My apologies if you would prefer not to have received this but there is a requirement for 25 affirmative votes for the rights to be granted. If you have any queries feel free to ask me. My thanks & regards --Herby talk thyme 07:35, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry Phaedriel - not awake yet & you already voted - apologies. A half awake Herby talk thyme 07:46, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Phaedriel, I will certainly help if I can although I'm left with a feeling you may know more than me! If I can't I'll find someone who can.
- There is a sense in which I should have said this a while ago however I've been aware of you far longer than you will have been aware of me. I came across your en wp page when I edited under another name and found it a beacon of humanity in a largely indifferent sea. In the end I'd had enough there and moved on to smaller wikis where there are some lovely people and I help where I can. I do maintain a watchlist on en wp and must get around to updating my soundtrack too. At the time "awe" would have prevented me from saying anything - the awe is reduced with experience - the respect if anything has increased. Go well through life and please stay a beacon, it has an effect in a world that is not sufficiently beautiful at times. Regards --Herby talk thyme 07:19, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
A tiny request for your inputEdit
- Hi there! :) In the last couple of days, I've worked on several authors who were/are noted essayists; and seeing we currently have categories for authors who have dedicated themselves to other literary styles (i.e. Novelists, Short story writers, or Poets), I've been thinking about creating Category:Essayists. I know, be bold and all that ;) but being a relative newcomer to WQ, I thought it'd be better to ask an experienced user like you before taking steps in this direction. Thank you, dear Scott! :) Phaedriel - 23:13, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- I think it is a great idea - and one that I have fleetingly considered whenever I have come across an essayist (but of course never put into place). I'll keep my eye out for people to add to that category. Thanks again for your recent prolific work. Great job! ~ UDScott 11:51, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Oops, sorry to step on your toes - I guess we were working on this at the same time. I've updated the page, and I was waiting for the vote to end before moving the page to the proper title (with capitalization for his last name). ~ UDScott 12:27, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, and just one minor thing (not a complaint, by any means!), but when placing the categories on a page, based on the template, the usual order is to first have the person's occupation, then their nationality, then either Category:Living people or the appropriate category for their death. Not a big deal, but I noticed you had changed the order for Merle's page. ~ UDScott 12:31, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Could you tell me what to do here? I'm a bit confused. Thanks, --Zoey 20:32, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
It's Phaderiel!!!! I just noticed now that you'd been welcomed by our User:WelcomeBot!!!! :( :( :( You need a human welcome!!! Welcome! (/me huggles Phaedriel). Cbrown1023 talk 22:04, 21 July 2007 (UTC)
Did you know encyclopedia dramatica has a very nasty article about you? :( --Lizix 02:10, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'd pull an RBI, too bad I'm not a user. :(, u live in OK? Go to sleep! --Lizix 03:36, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for sticking up for me; very sweet of you. Just goes to show I have way too much time on my hands. ;) Radicaladz 21:14, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
Hi Phaedriel! It's nice to see a name I recognise around here, and seeing as it's your birthday today (that is, if your wikipedia talk page is anything to go by), I thought I'd offer my birthday wishes. Have a great day!!
The Great Number 8 00:00, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
Hey... Surprised to see your username showing up in my watchlist (the real surprise is that you added content to an article that I wanna work on!)... I mean, cos till now, I don't think we've crossed edits in any of the namespaces other than the user and user talk namespaces. :D Jus thought I'd drop by with a note of thanks. Ajcfreak 13:33, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
Thats a nice surprise. You are very special Modernist 18:47, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for Raiders updates as of 2007 Aug 10 - excellent, thanks
On my mindEdit
I hope you are having a good break. Modernist 05:13, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
- How are you, dear Scott? It's great to see you again, after our breaks (tho mine was quite longer! :) Love, Phaedriel - 00:29, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you, Phaedriel - I am well, although a bit more tired these days after welcoming my son into the world. It's good to see you active again as well! Welcome back. ~ UDScott 13:38, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
For my dear PhaedrielEdit
“有朋自遠方來、不亦樂乎。/ Isn't it also a delight when friends visit from distant places?” — [[Confucius]], The Analects
- Thank you for your contributions for Simple English Wikipedia! I love it too, though I haven't active there recently. --Aphaia 05:51, 21 September 2007 (UTC)