- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
- May I add a personal welcome. I'm sure that there are many good quotes by eminent artists that you can add.--Poetlister 16:25, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
- Now thats a nice surprise! TY Modernist 18:45, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for your message!--Poetlister 17:24, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
Comment - I was fooled, and I am slightly miffed at having my trust betrayed. No one enjoys being lied to...Why would someone bother concocting such a scam? Although I guess in the scheme of things it's no big deal, just a drag. Modernist 12:35, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
Message To PoetlisterEdit
One of your last edits Sept. 7 from William Beckett: -
If anything it’s a reminder that you can’t live your life holding grudges, with hate in your heart, being unforgiving. Life’s way too short, there’s way too many questions left unanswered, for us to fester and dwell on things that are completely unimportant in the long run.
In the larger scheme of things - it's no big deal; don't beat yourself up too much; it's just a shame...Modernist 14:05, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Your recent additionsEdit
Thank you for adding to the pages for Antoni Gaudí and Akira Kurosawa, but unfortunately what you cite as a source for the quotes is not quite good enough. We do not accept such quote websites as sources. Instead, what is needed is a direct source for a quote (e.g. a literary work, magazine or newspaper article, etc.). Unless such sources are found, I am afraid that these two pages remain as deletion candidates due to the lack of proper sourcing. I do think these are notable people and they deserve to have pages, but without these sources for the quotes, this is their fate. See Wikiquote:Citing sources for more information. Thanks. ~ UDScott 13:26, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- I fixed Barnett Newman, and Robert Motherwell yesterday, and it looks like someone else took care of Kurosawa, I'll keep looking for Gaudi. You are doing a good job...Modernist 04:35, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- I supplied the sourced Gaudi quote..I've been busy in rl however if I can I'll do some more..down the road..Modernist 05:51, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
On the Hans Hofmann page, you had moved two Unsourced quotes to a Sourced section; the first quote, however, hasn't been given a source. - InvisibleSun 02:57, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- Both quotes are from The Search For The Real I thought that was made clear...I changed it now. Modernist 11:58, 2 December 2008 (UTC)