User talk:Eric Kvaalen
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
Attribution of unsigned additionsEdit
Hi Eric, the attribution you made here, I think, is formally correct, but not needed. The moving of the section of unsourced quotes to the talk page was part of the series of 750 to 1000 other moves, see here. I think it is a good thing that these sections stay unsigned, just as sections in the main article remain unsigned. If people want to know the origin, they can look it up in the articles and/or tlak page history -- Mdd (talk) 11:34, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- Mdd All right. What happened was that I did a Google search for the quote about "The two most important days" and it gave me this talk page high in the list. So I came to the talk page, and I couldn't figure out what that big block of quotes was there for. So I looked at the History, and in the end decided to put the Unsigned2 template in. I see that the quote in question is now back on the main page, in a box called Disputed. I don't know what the policy is. I think it's good that sayings that are routinely misattributed to someone be put on the main page in a box, so I don't know why you moved them off of 750 to 1000 pages! Eric Kvaalen (talk) 16:39, 10 March 2017 (UTC)