- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
I've moved and merged the interwiki links this bot recently added to Wikiquote:Village pump (WQ:VP) into the proper page, Wikiquote:Village pump/Header, which we use because WQ:VP is designed to automatically add all new topics to the bottom of the page. Several maintenance and community pages follow this mechanism. I ask the owner of this bot to consider tweaking its operation, if possible, to accomodate this system, so that we don't have to keep moving and merging any changes that it makes to such pages. Thank you for your assistance. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 00:10, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
This bot may be malfunctioning. It has been adding large numbers of interwiki links to the closed project known as Simple English Wikiquote. The current version of pywikipedia/families/wikiquote_family.py lists Simple as an 'obsolete' project, and has done since revision 7972 of 27 February 2010.
If this bot is using the pywikipedia script then it is malfunctioning. If this bot is using a different script then it needs to be updated. Thank you for your attention. ~ Ningauble 14:49, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
Please request registering this bot at Wikiquote:Bots before continuing to use it for high volume edits. Also, please participate in the discussion at Wikiquote:Village pump#BotWars: Simple English interwiki before adding more links to the closed Simple English Wikiquote project because these edits may be considered controversial. Thanks. ~ Ningauble 14:50, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
- Regarding your response on my talk page: Perhaps "controversial" is too strong a word, but I think it should be discussed rather than continuing to revert each other. Consider for example the revision history of "Jesus," where the last ten edits were removing and re-adding the same link, and consider that this is happening on hundreds of articles. ~ Ningauble 22:56, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
Hi Nemo. Please check the links that AnankeBot has been adding links to the Déjà vu theme article (hist). The linked articles are about a film, not about the theme of Déjà vu. They are already linked at the Déjà Vu (2006 film) article. I have reverted the link addition. If you disagree, please start a discussion at the article talk page. Thanks. ~ Ningauble 16:58, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
- The error happens because the interwikis from other languages were not fixed, and since there weren't different interwikis on the local page the bot added backlinks again; I've fixed interwikis on all languages now. --Nemo 19:24, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for updating the links that were broken by a page move here. Too bad it's not automatic. ~ Ningauble 17:14, 15 January 2011 (UTC)
Working in other wq?Edit
- Of course, this bot runs on all Wikiquotes. It didn't recently as I thought there were other bots doing so now, but I'll run it now. Usually it takes a couple days. When you need it, just ask. Regards, Nemo 09:02, 27 February 2012 (UTC)