- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Wikiquote is a collection of quotes, not of biographical or other encyclopaedic information. We link to Wikipedia for people who want that. Thus there is no point in copying over lots of links from Wikipedia articles unless they are to pages that give quotations. Wikipedia is not a collection of quotes, so Wikipedia articles should have links to here. --Poetlister 20:43, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
- Most of the links I copied from Wikipedia on the Will Smith and Fred Hoyle pages did provide sources for some sort of quotes by or about either person, for instance the the two obituaries of Fred Hoyle could potentially be sources of quotes:
- The links to the Will Smith articles in Rolling Stone and other magazines could also provide interesting quotes. ~ Ω 20:49, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
- Point taken, thanks, and I certainly won't revert you, but I could find no quotes on some of the links, and if there are good quotes please add them to the articles.--Poetlister 20:57, 26 May 2008 (UTC)