joint use of a resource or space
(Redirected from Sharer)
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
And the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- We will learn the principle of sharing and a profound understanding of the oneness of all life — great and small. His [the World Teacher's] message can be summarized in a few words: "Share and save the world." In this way we can put an end to the threat of war, oppression and hunger.
- Benjamin Creme in The Ageless Wisdom, An Introduction to Humanity's Spiritual Legacy (1996)
- In a shared fish, there are no bones.
- Democritus (ca. 4th century BC)
- A rational anarchist believes that concepts such as "state" and "society" and "government" have no existence save as physically exemplified in the acts of self-responsible individuals. He believes that it is impossible to shift blame, share blame, distribute blame … as blame, guilt, responsibility are matters taking place inside human beings singly and nowhere else. But being rational, he knows that not all individuals hold his evaluations, so he tries to live perfectly in an imperfect world … aware that his effort will be less than perfect yet undismayed by self-knowledge of self-failure.
- “What should we do then?” the crowd asked. John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”
- The Holy Supper is kept, indeed,
In whatso we share with another's need,—
Not that which we give, but what we share,—
For the gift without the giver is bare;
Who bestows himself with his alms feeds three,—
Himself, his hungering neighbor, and me.
- James Russell Lowell, The Vision of Sir Launfal (1848), Pt. II, st. 8
- Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy.
- Spider Robinson, "Callahan's Law", in The Callahan Chronicals (1996) [originally published as Callahan and Company (1988)]