joint use of a resource or space
(Redirected from Sharer)
Quotes about Sharing.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
And the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- How...could the principle of sharing be foreign to us? The family, the basic unit of human society, involves much sharing by all its members. And in a well-ordered family we gladly provide the weak, the new and `developing' members all that is needed for not only their survival but also their healthy growth. So it seems obvious that what is needed now is the extension of the principles and practices of the individual family unit to the entire human race. Rising to the understanding and experience of being, indeed, one planetary family is greatly needed in order to apply this basic principle of sharing to all the world.
- Mankind will soon see that there is no alternative to sharing the produce of the world. Every other method has been tried and failed, and has led inevitably to war, suffering, degradation and misery.
- Benjamin Creme in The Reappearance of the Christ and the Masters of Wisdom (1980)
- Sharing on a world basis is possible if you have the concept and the will. It is simply a recognition of the need and finding a way to fulfill it... Each nation will be asked to make an inventory of what it has and what it needs. In this way the world’s ‘cake’ will be known. Each nation will be asked to make over into a common trust that which it has in excess of its needs in any given commodity... a very sophisticated form of barter will replace the present economic system.
- Benjamin Creme, Maitreya's Mission Vol. II (1993) p. 143
- We will learn the principle of sharing and a profound understanding of the oneness of all life — great and small. His [the World Teacher's] message can be summarized in a few words: "Share and save the world." In this way we can put an end to the threat of war, oppression and hunger.
- When we create an economic system based on co-operation and sharing rather than on competition and market forces, we will create a more moral economic structure. When the stock exchanges collapse, humanity will be brought face to face with its illusions about the nature of reality.
- Benjamin Creme Maitreya's Mission Vol. III (1997)
- We can make this step forward in our evolutionary advance only when we create right human relationships. That is the next spiritual ideal to be achieved by humanity. The first step is the sharing of the world's resources, because if we do not do this we will destroy ourselves. It is as simple as that. We have free will. Maitreya is not going to interfere and make sure that we do not destroy ourselves. He is going to present us with these alternatives: carry on as we are today in the old, greedy, selfish, competitive ways of the past and destroy ourselves, or else accept that we are one, accept the Principle of Sharing; implement it, create justice in the world, and therefore peace, and begin the construction -- under his inspiration, of a most brilliant and wonderful civilization such as this world has never known.
- Benjamin Creme quoted in Economic injustice and social upheaval: Is sharing the answer?, Share International (July/August 1997)
- In a shared fish, there are no bones.
- Democritus (ca. 4th century BC)
- I command you shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and the poor in the land.
- Deuteronomy 15:11
- A rational anarchist believes that concepts such as "state" and "society" and "government" have no existence save as physically exemplified in the acts of self-responsible individuals. He believes that it is impossible to shift blame, share blame, distribute blame … as blame, guilt, responsibility are matters taking place inside human beings singly and nowhere else. But being rational, he knows that not all individuals hold his evaluations, so he tries to live perfectly in an imperfect world … aware that his effort will be less than perfect yet undismayed by self-knowledge of self-failure.
- If you pour yourself out for the hungry, and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness, and your gloom be as the noonday. And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your desire with good things, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters fail not."
- Isaiah 58:10-11
- “What should we do then?” the crowd asked. John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”
- The Holy Supper is kept, indeed,
In whatso we share with another's need,—
Not that which we give, but what we share,—
For the gift without the giver is bare;
Who bestows himself with his alms feeds three,—
Himself, his hungering neighbor, and me.
- James Russell Lowell, The Vision of Sir Launfal (1848), Pt. II, st. 8
- Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back.
- Luke 6:37
- If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
- Proverbs 25:21
- Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy.
- Spider Robinson, "Callahan's Law", in The Callahan Chronicals (1996) [originally published as Callahan and Company (1988)]