Luke the Evangelist
one of the four evangelists
(Redirected from Luke)
- You Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? But now as for what is inside you—be generous to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.
- 11:39-41 NIV
- You experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them. ... Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.
- 11:46-52 NIV
- When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
- 14:8-11 NIV
- What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight.
- 16:15 NIV
- All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.
- 2:44-45 NIV
- We must obey God rather than men.
- 5:29 ESV