- But for the media to name their coverage of the 2003 invasion of Iraq the same as what the Pentagon calls it—everyday seeing 'Operation Iraqi Freedom'—you have to ask: 'If this were state controlled media, how would it be any different?'
- [The media] are using a national treasure--that's what the public airwaves are. And they have a responsibility to bring out the full diversity of opinion or lose their licenses.
- In the meantime, it just makes it a little harder to smile. But so does the world.
The Exception to the Rulers written with David GoodmanEdit
- Going to where the silence is. That is the responsibility of a journalist: giving a voice to those who have been forgotten, forsaken, and beaten down by the powerful.
- We must build a trickle-up media that reflects the true character of this country and its people. A democratic media serving a democratic society.
- We have a decision to make every hour of every day, and that is whether to represent the sword or the shield. Democracy now.
Last modified on 25 June 2013, at 08:47