set of actions performed according to an established sequence, mainly for their symbolic value
|This religion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- There is perfection in the presence of the lady. Lagac thrives in abundance in the presence of Nance. She chose the cennu in her holy heart and seated Ur-Nance, the beloved lord of Lagac, on the throne. She gave the lofty sceptre to the shepherd. She adorned Gudea with all her precious divine powers. The shepherd chosen by her in her holy heart, Gudea, the ruler of Lagac, placed the lyre Cow-of-Abundance among the tigi drums and placed the holy balaj drum at its side. While sacred songs and harmonious songs were performed before her, the kintur instrument praised the temple. The chief musician played the ibex horn for her: the song 'The house has been granted powers from the abzu', the sacred song of the house of Sirara about the princely powers was performed.
- Ritual. One more gaudy emptiness in place of the real thing. One more hope gone.
- Encyclopedic article on Ritual on Wikipedia
- The dictionary definition of ritual on Wiktionary
- Media related to Rituals on Wikimedia Commons