Donald Trump on social media
Donald Trump's use of social media has attracted worldwide attention. He frequently uses Twitter and other social media platforms to make comments about other politicians, celebrities and daily news. From his official declaration of candidacy in June 2015 through the first two-and-a-half years of his presidency, he tweeted over 17,000 times. Since early in his presidency, his tweets have been considered official statements by the president of the United States.
- See also:
- Failing candidate Hillary Clinton, who is desperately trying to hold on to her lead in the democratic primary against Bernie Sanders, is knowingly putting out lies about my stance on illegal immigration. I said "Mexico is sending"— I'm not knocking immigration or immigrants, but rather am very critical of the country of Mexico for sending us people that they don't want. Likewise I am very critical of illegal immigration and the tremendous problems including crime, which it causes. She is desperate, she is sad, and she is obviously very nervous when she has to revert to issues that have already been settled given the absolute accuracy of my statement. She speaks about "my tone" and that's the problem with our country's leaders. They are more worried about tone than results! It's not about being nice— it's about being competent. Hillary should spend more time producing her illegally hidden emails and less time trying to obfuscate a statement by me that is totally clear and obviously very much accepted by the public as true. I am honored, however, that she is attacking me, instead of Jeb Bush. Obviously she knows that JEB is no longer her real competition. The last person she wants to face is Donald Trump.
- I'm glad President Obama followed my lead and lowered the flags half-staff. It's about time!
- 2015-07-21, quoted in "President Obama Lowers Flags in Memory of Chattanooga, Trump and Christie Do Likewise", TKNN, 22 July 2015
- Hillary said that guns don't keep you safe. If she really believes that she should demand that her heavily armed bodyguards quickly disarm!
- 2016-01-03, quoted in Aaron Blake (17 September 2016), "Donald Trump just made his most direct comment yet about violence against Hillary Clinton", Washington Post
- "@damiranz: DonaldTrump: Pls don't run for president. If you do and win, the rest of the world would be screwed" So true, (except friends)!
- 2011-08-23, quoted in Jacob Weindling & Shane Ryan (10 November 2017), "100 Times Trump Owned Himself With a Tweet From His Past", Paste Magazine
- An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.
- 2012-08-06, quoted in Meghan Keneally (24 February 2017), "Even though he bashes anonymous sources, Trump uses them himself", ABC News
- .@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.
- I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.
- Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again--just watch. He can do much better!
- 2012-10-17, quoted in Brittany Wong (14 August 2017), "Robert Pattinson Finally Responds To Donald Trump’s Weird ‘Twilight’ Tweets", The Huffington Post
- Robert I'm getting a lot of heat for saying you should dump Kristen- but I'm right. If you saw the Miss Universe girls you would reconsider.
- While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct.
- 2012-10-28, quoted in Michael D. Shear and Eileen Sullivan (16 October 2018), "‘Horseface,’ ‘Lowlife,’ ‘Fat, Ugly’: How the President Demeans Women", The New York Times
- Why is Obama playing basketball today? That is why our country is in trouble!
- 2012-11-06, quoted in Jason Kirk (3 February 2018), "The 27 times Donald Trump tweeted about Barack Obama playing golf too much", SB Nation, retrieved on 2020-03-12
- The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.
- 2012-11-06, quoted in David Volodzko (23 February 2019), "Trump's Climate Denial Is A National Security Threat", Forbes
- He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!
The phoney [sic] electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!
- Two Twitter posts dated 2012-11-06, as quoted in "Trump's flip-flop on the electoral college: From ‘disaster' to ‘genius'", The Washington Post, 15 November 2016, retrieved on 2016-11-15
- Cf. Trump's interview on 60 Minutes as President-elect (13 November 2016): "I'm not going to change my mind just because I won. But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win. There's a reason for doing this because it brings all the states into play. Electoral College and there's something very good about that. But this is a different system. But I respect it. I do respect the system." (transcript)
- The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
- 2012-11-06, quoted in Steve Benen (20 March 2019), "On the electoral college, Trump dramatically changes direction", MSNBC
- More votes equals a loss...revolution!
- 2012-11-07, quoted in "Trump Tweets A Call For "Revolution" After Obama Victory", Media Matters for America, 7 November 2012, retrieved on 2012-11-10
- It's freezing and snowing in New York--we need global warming!
- I promise you that I'm much smarter than Jonathan Leibowitz - I mean Jon Stewart @TheDailyShow. Who, by the way, is totally overrated.
- If Jon Stewart is so above it all & legit, why did he change his name from Jonathan Leibowitz? He should be proud of his heritage!
- What's funny about the name "F**kface Von Clownstick" -- it was not coined by Jon Leibowitz-- he stole it from some moron on twitter.
- Little Jon Stewart(?) Is a pussy, he would be hopeless in a debate with me!
- Tweets about Jon Stewart and his choice to change his originally Jewish surname (April-May 2013), quoted in German Lopez (2 November 2016), "Jon Stewart recalls the time Trump tried “to let people know I’m a Jew”", Vox
- As everybody knows, but the haters & losers refuse to acknowledge, I do not wear a "wig." My hair may not be perfect but it's mine.
- 2013-04-24, quoted in Peter W. Stevenson (24 March 2016), "How do you know Donald Trump is exaggerating? If he uses the word ‘everybody.’", Washington Post
- 26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?
- Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault.
- "@realDonaldTrump: I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th."
- Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.
- 2013-11-08, quoted in Cody Fenwick (13 March 2020), "‘It’s a nasty question’: Trump lashes out at reporter who asks about disbanded pandemic group", AlterNet
- The very existence of global warming is BULLSHIT and needs to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps, and our GW scientists are stuck in ice.
- 2014-01-01, quoted in Jesse Ventura (12 July 2016), Sh*t Politicians Say: The Funniest, Dumbest, Most Outrageous Things Ever Uttered By Our "Leaders", Skyhorse, ISBN 1510714189
- It's almost like the United States has no President - we are a rudderless ship heading for a major disaster. Good luck everyone!
- No more massive injections. Tiny children are not horses—one vaccine at a time, over time.
- Every time I speak of the haters and losers I do so with great love and affection. They cannot help the fact that they were born fucked up!
- President Obama has a personal responsibility to visit & embrace all people in the US who contract Ebola!
- 2014-10-15, quoted in Jon Christian (2 March 2020), "In 2014, Trump said the president should visit and embrace ebola patients", Neoscope
- .@katyperry must have been drunk when she married Russel [sic] Brand @rustyrockets - but he did send me a nice letter of apology!
- 2014-10-16, quoted in Lesley Messer (17 October 2014), "Inside Donald Trump and Russell Brand's Twitter War", ABC News
- Many people are saying it was wonderful that Mrs. Obama refused to wear a scarf in Saudi Arabia, but they were insulted.We have enuf enemies
- 2015-01-29, quoted in Ali Vitali (20 May 2017), "Melania, Ivanka Trump Forgo Headscarves in Saudi Arabia — Despite Past Trump Criticism", ABC News
- If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?
- 2015-04-16 (deleted), quoted in Mary-Ann Russon (21 April 2015), "Donald Trump deletes offensive tweet saying Hillary Clinton 'can't satisfy her husband'", International Business Times
- Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!
- The U.S. has enough problems without publicity seekers going out and openly mocking religion in order to provoke attacks and death. BE SMART.
- 2015-05-04, about the Muhammad Art Contest in Texas on 2015-05-01, quoted in Ryan Lizza (24 February 2017), "How Steve Bannon Conquered CPAC—and the Republican Party", New Yorker
- The U.S. will invite El Chapo, the Mexican drug lord who just escaped prison, to become a U.S. citizen because our "leaders" can't say no!
- 2015-07-12, quoted in Meg Wagner (13 July 2015), "Donald Trump, who promised to kick El Chapo’s a--, calls FBI after Mexican drug lord threatens him on Twitter", New York Daily News
- Get rid of gun free zones. The four great marines who were just shot never had a chance. They were highly trained but helpless without guns.
- 2015-07-17, quoted in Cooper Allen (17 July 2015), "Trump slams 'gun-free zones' in Chattanooga shooting", OnPolitics - USA Today
- Mitt Romney had his chance to beat a failed president but he choked like a dog. Now he calls me racist-but I am least racist person there is
- Twitter (11 June 2016), quoted in Tom Nicholson (2 November 2019), "Donald Trump Is Saying People Did Completely Un-Dog-Like Things "Like A Dog" Again", Esquire
- Iran humiliated the United States with the capture of our 10 sailors. Horrible pictures & images. We are weak. I will NOT forget!
- 2016-01-13, quoted in Megan Rose, Robert Faturechi, and T. Christian Miller (24 June 2019), "Trump Keeps Talking About the Last Military Standoff With Iran — Here’s What Really Happened", ProPublica
- We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!
- Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!
- 2016-05-05, quoted in David Weigel (5 May 2016), "Trump celebrates Cinco de Mayo with taco bowl from his tower", Washington Post
- How can Crooked Hillary say she cares about women when she is silent on radical Islam, which horribly oppresses women?
- Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!
- 2016-06-12, after the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, quoted in Philip Bump (18 March 2019), "How Trump talks about attacks targeting Muslims vs. attacks by Muslims", The Washington Post
- The only people who are not interested in being the V.P. pick are the people who have not been asked!
- 2016-07-04, quoted in Katie Rogers (4 July 2016), "Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Calls Donald Trump’s Star of David Tweet Anti-Semitic", New York Times
- Mr. Khan, who does not know me, viciously attacked me from the stage of the DNC and is now all over T.V. doing the same - Nice!
- regarding Khizr Khan, who at the Democratic National Convention said his soldier son (posthumously awarded a Purple Heart and Bronze Star) never would have been allowed into the U.S. if it were up to Trump
- 2016-08-01, quoted in Callum Borchers (1 August 2016), "Donald Trump uses Twitter to fight with Khan family while they’re live on CNN", Washington Post
- President Obama will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States!
- Really sad that Republicans would allow themselves to be used in a Clinton ad. Lindsey Graham, Romney, Flake, Sass. SUPREME COURT, REMEMBER!
- About the Clinton ad, "Agree"
- 2016-09-10, quoted in Eugene Scott (10 September 2016), "New Clinton ad highlights Republicans criticizing Trump", CNN
- Do people notice Hillary is copying my airplane rallies - she puts the plane behind her like I have been doing from the beginning.
- 2016-09-20, quoted in Kelly Cohen (20 September 2016), "Trump blasts Clinton for 'copying' his airplane rallies", Washington Examiner
- Hillary Clinton is taking the day off again, she needs the rest. Sleep well Hillary - see you at the debate!
- 2016-09-20, quoted in Anne Gearan (20 September 2016), "Clinton says she is ready for debate and the ‘contact sport’ phase of the campaign", Washington Post
- We're going to make history together. You're going to look back at this election on November 8th, and say it is by far the most important vote that you have ever cast. Once again, we're going to have a government of, by, and for the people. We will make America wealthy again, we will make America powerful again, we will make America strong again, we will Make America Great Again! Thank you all, thank you very much. God bless you, everybody, thank you.
- At a rally in Bangor, Maine (October 15, 2016)
- Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!
- 2016-11-10, quoted in Douglas Kellner (9 June 2017), American Horror Show: Election 2016 and the Ascent of Donald J. Trump, Sense Publishers, p. 59, ISBN 9463009744
- Fidel Castro is dead!
- In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.
- Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!
- Has anyone looked at the really poor numbers of @VanityFair Magazine. Way down, big trouble, dead! Graydon Carter, no talent, will be out!
- 2016-12-15, after Vanity Fair negatively reviewed Trump Tower's Trump Grill, quoted in Daniel Politi (17 December 2016), "Vanity Fair Subscriptions Soar After Trump Blasts Magazine on Twitter", Slate
- Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!
- 2016-12-31, quoted in Douglas Kellner (9 June 2017), American Horror Show: Election 2016 and the Ascent of Donald J. Trump, Sense Publishers, p. 117, ISBN 9463009744
- If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting.
- How low has President Obama gone to tapp [sic] my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!
- Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got "swamped" (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT. So much for.... being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary
- Despite the constant negative press covfefe
- 2017-05-30 (deleted), quoted in "'Covfefe' Kerfuffle: Trump's Typo Sparks A Search For Meaning, And Humor", NPR, 31 May 2017
- That's right, we need a TRAVEL BAN for certain DANGEROUS countries, not some politically correct term that won't help us protect our people!
- 2019-06-05, quoted in Pete Williams (5 June 2017), "Trump's Tweets Complicate Task of Defending Travel Ban", NBC News
- cited by the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals as undermining the government's case that his Executive Order 13780 is not intended to be a travel ban which would illegally discriminate against individuals based on their country of origin
- Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show
- My use of social media is not Presidential - it's MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!
- 2017-07-01, quoted in Kenneth Collier (18 April 2018), Speechwriting in the Institutionalized Presidency: Whose Line Is It?, Lexington Books, p. 199, ISBN 1498553729
- I am thinking about changing the name #FakeNews CNN to #FraudNewsCNN!
- 2017-07-01, quoted in Michael M. Grynbaum (2 July 2017), "Trump Tweets a Video of Him Wrestling ‘CNN’ to the Ground", New York Times
- I am extremely pleased to see that @CNN has finally been exposed as #FakeNews and garbage journalism. It's about time!
- 2017-07-01, quoted in Mandy Mayfield (1 July 2017), "Trump: CNN 'has finally been exposed' as 'garbage journalism'", Washington Examiner
- Crazy Joe Scarborough and dumb as a rock Mika are not bad people, but their low rated show is dominated by their NBC bosses. Too bad!
- 2017-07-01, quoted in Lisa Marie Segarra (1 July 2017), "Trump Says 'Crazy' and 'Dumb as a Rock' Morning Joe Hosts Are Not Bad People", Time Magazine
- My son Donald did a good job last night. He was open, transparent and innocent. This is the greatest Witch Hunt in political history. Sad!
- 2017-07-12, quoted in Larry Buchanan and Karen Yourish (19 February 2019), "Trump Has Publicly Attacked the Russia Investigation More Than 1,100 Times", New York Times
- Sean Spicer is a wonderful person who took tremendous abuse from the Fake News Media - but his future is bright!
- 2017-07-21, after the resignation of the White House Press Secretary, quoted in Ken Thomas and Jill Colvin (21 July 2017), "Spicer exits as Trump shakes up his beleaguered press team", Associated Press
- So great that John McCain is coming back to vote. Brave - American hero! Thank you John.
- After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......
....Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming.....
....victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you
- 2017-07-26 8:55am, 9:04am, and 9:08am, quoted in Matt Thompson (13 January 2019), "How to Spark Panic and Confusion in Three Tweets", The Atlantic
- The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joseph Dunford, subsequently wrote to senior commanders that "We will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect" until the White House sends the Defense Department new rules and the secretary of defense issues new guidelines. (26 July 2017)
- Go Republican Senators, Go! Get there after waiting for 7 years. Give America great healthcare!
- 3 Republicans and 48 Democrats let the American people down. As I said from the beginning, let ObamaCare implode, then deal. Watch!
- 2017-07-27, quoted in David A. Graham (28 July 2017), "'As I Have Always Said': Trump's Ever-Changing Positions on Health Care", The Atlantic
- I would like to thank Reince Priebus for his service and dedication to his country. We accomplished a lot together and I am proud of him!
- 2017-07-28, after the resignation of the White House Chief of Staff
- Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments. You.....
...the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!
- 2017-08-17 9:07am, 9:15am, and 9:21am, quoted in David Nakamura (17 August 2017), "Trump mourns loss of ‘beautiful statues and monuments’ in wake of Charlottesville rally over Robert E. Lee statue", Washington Post
- Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!
- 2017-07-27, after the 2017 Barcelona attack, quoted in David French (17 August 2017), "In One Tweet, Donald Trump Just Spread Fake History, Libeled a Hero, and Admired an Alleged War Crime", National Review
- Referring to an allegedly false story about John J. Pershing which has circulated on the Internet.
- CHAIN MIGRATION cannot be allowed to be part of any legislation on Immigration!
- 2017-09-15, quoted in Tessa Berenson (15 September 2017), "President Trump Says He Won't Allow 'Chain Migration.' What's That?", Time Magazine
- We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!
- 2017-11-27, quoted in Cliff Sims (29 January 2019), Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House, St. Martin's Publishing Group, p. 260, ISBN 1250223903
- .@Theresa_May, don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!
- In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year's Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!
- North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the "Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times." Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!
- 2018-01-02, quoted in Peter Baker and Michael Tackett (2 January 2018), "Trump Says His ‘Nuclear Button’ Is ‘Much Bigger’ Than North Korea’s", New York Times
- ....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....
....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!
- To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
- 2018-07-22, quoted in Carol Morello, "‘NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN,’ Trump tweets in warning to Iran’s Rouhani", Washington Post
- When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn't work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!
- Tweet by President Trump about Omarosa Manigault, as quoted by Veronica Stracqualursi (14 August 2018), "Trump calls Omarosa a 'dog' in latest attack on ex-aide", CNN
- I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S.....
....In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught - and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!..
....The assault on our country at our Southern Border, including the Criminal elements and DRUGS pouring in, is far more important to me, as President, than Trade or the USMCA. Hopefully Mexico will stop this onslaught at their Northern Border. All Democrats fault for weak laws!
- 18 October 2018 at 4:25am then 4:35am then 4:45am, quoted in Tim Hume (18 October 2018), "Trump just threatened to call up the military and close the entire southern border", Vice
- I am certain that, at some time in the future, President Xi and I, together with President Putin of Russia, will start talking about a meaningful halt to what has become a major and uncontrollable Arms Race. The U.S. spent 716 Billion Dollars this year. Crazy!
- 2018-12-03, quoted in Lolita C. Baldor (3 December 2018), "Trump complains about cost of ‘uncontrollable’ arms race", Associated Press
- At this time, #WorldWarIII is coming next year from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2026.
- National African American History Month
is an occasion to rediscover the enduring stories of African Americans and the
gifts of freedom, purpose, and opportunity they have bestowed on future
- Was just presented the concept and parameters of the Border Security Deal by hard working Senator Richard Shelby. Looking over all aspects knowing that this will be hooked up with lots of money from other sources....
....Will be getting almost $23 BILLION for Border Security. Regardless of Wall money, it is being built as we speak!
- 2019-02-12, quoted in Pete Kasperowicz (12 February 2019), "Trump: Border wall money will come from 'other sources'", Washington Examiner
- Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only....
....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!
- 2019-04-12 , quoted in Eileen Sullivan (12 April 2019), "Trump Says He Is Considering Releasing Migrants in ‘Sanctuary Cities’", New York Times
- Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States.
They will be removed as fast as they come in.
Mexico, using their strong immigration laws, is doing a very good job of stopping people long before they get to our Southern Border.
Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement.
The only ones who won't do anything are the Democrats in Congress.
They must vote to get rid of the loopholes, and fix asylum!
If so, Border Crisis will end quickly!
- ....On Monday they shot down an unmanned drone flying in International Waters. We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, [...]
- 2019-06-21, quoted in "Trump's half-cocked and loaded tweet draws barrage of reaction". Reuters. 2019-06-21.
- Regarding Iran shooting down a US drone.
- So interesting to see ‘Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on the earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
- So sad to see the Democrats sticking up for people who speak so badly of our Country and who, in addition, hate Israel with a true and unbridled passion. Whenever confronted, they call their adversaries, including Nancy Pelosi, "RACIST." Their disgusting language.....
....and the many terrible things they say about the United States must not be allowed to go unchallenged. If the Democrat Party wants to continue to condone such disgraceful behavior, then we look even more forward to seeing you at the ballot box in 2020!
- 2019-07-14 , quoted in Marina Pitofsky (15 July 2019), "Anti-Defamation League warns Trump to stop 'throwing around accusations of anti-Semitism'", The Hill
- When will the Radical Left Congresswomen apologize to our Country, the people of Israel and even to the Office of the President, for the foul language they have used, and the terrible things they have said. So many people are angry at them & their horrible & disgusting actions!
- 2019-07-15, quoted in Adam Edelman and Dareh Gregorian (15 July 2019), "Trump steps up attacks on progressive congresswomen, says they 'hate our country' and Israel", NBC News
- Major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an “ORGANIZATION OF TERROR.” Portland is being watched very closely. Hopefully the Mayor will be able to properly do his job!
- 2019-08-17, quoted in Gary LaFree (17 August 2019), "As Portland deals with Proud Boys protests, here's what Trump doesn't get about antifa", NBC News
- My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, Jay Powell or Chairman Xi?
- 2019-08-23, quoted in "Trump asks who is bigger enemy, Fed's Powell or China's Xi?", Nikkei Asian Review, 24 August 2019
- PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!
- 2019-09-24, quoted in Kevin Breuninger (24 September 2019), "Trump slams Pelosi impeachment probe: ‘PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!’", CNBC
- Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.....
....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!
- 2020-01-04 , quoted in Riley Beggin (5 January 2020), "Trump threatens new attacks on Iran, as Iranian leaders compare him to ISIS", Vox
- China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!
- 24 January 2020, quoted in Trump thanks China's Xi Jinping for handling of coronavirus by Tucker Higgins, CNBC
- Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!
- 7 February 2020, quoted in Trump Is Inciting a Coronavirus Culture War to Save Himself by Adam Serwer, 24 March 2020, The Atlantic.
- If you like automobils [sic], how can you vote for a Democrat who all want to get rid of cars, as quickly as possible, especially if they are powered by gasoline. Remember also, no more than one car per family. I, on the other hand, have new plants being built all over Michigan, Plus!
- 2020-03-10, quoted in Charlie Nash (10 March 2020), "Trump Says You Shouldn’t Vote Democrat ‘If You Like Automobiles’", Mediaite
- WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!
- 22 March 2020, quoted in Jeet Heer (23 March 2020), "Trump Toys With a Let-Them-Die Response to the Pandemic", The Nation
- The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!
- March 25, 2020, quoted in Dominic Rushe and Amanda Holpuch (26 March 2020), "Record 3.3m Americans file for unemployment as the US tries to contain Covid-19", The Guardian
- Was just informed that the Fake News from the Thursday White House Press Conference had me speaking & asking questions of Dr. Deborah Birx. Wrong, I was speaking to our Laboratory expert, not Deborah, about sunlight etc. & the CoronaVirus. The Lamestream Media is corrupt & sick!
- Incorrectly stating that he was talking to William Bryan, the head of science and technology directorate at the Department of Homeland Security, and not Debroah Birx when asked if heat or light could be used as a treatment. 25 April 2020, also posted on his Facebook account. Quoted in Over 200,000 now dead worldwide from COVID-19 by William Mansell, Ella Torres and Christina Carrega, 26 April 2020, ABC News
- What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately. They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!
- 25 April 2020. Quoted in 9 controversial moments that led Trump to stop his White House coronavirus briefings by Libby Cathey, 21 July 2020, ABC News
- Why should the people and taxpayers of America be bailing out poorly run states (like Illinois, as example) and cities, in all cases Democrat run and managed, when most of the other states are not looking for bailout help? I am open to discussing anything, but just asking?
- On a Twitter post, 27 April 2020. Quoted in Trump asks why taxpayers should help bail out blue states by Brett Samuels, 27 April 2020, The Hill (newspaper) and in Trump: Government shouldn't rescue states and cities struggling under pandemic by Adam Edelman, 27 April 2020, NBCNews.com
- Like ISIS, like Hitler, Like Genghis!
They all hate cultures. Trump is a "terrorist in a suit". He will learn history very soon that NOBODY can defeat "the Great Iranian Nation & Culture".
- Mohammad Javad Azari-Jahromi, Twitter, 2020-01-05, quoted in Parisa Hafezi (5 January 2020), "Iran's minister Jahromi says Trump is "a terrorist in a suit": tweet", Reuters
- responding to Trump's tweet that "if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets... 52 Iranian sites... some important to Iran & Iranian culture... WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD"
- I’m not aware of it. I don’t pay much attention to his tweets. I’ll say this for ya: He’s been one of the best presidents I’ve served under. And the reasoning is, he’s not afraid to make decisions. He’s not afraid to take on the big mouths around here.
- The tweet came, as they often do, when many others on the East Coast are sleeping.
But when President Trump complained to the twitterverse about all the "negative press covfefe," just after midnight Wednesday, sleep experts saw it as more than just a laughable lapse.
Cognitive tasks like spelling are impaired by poor sleep," says neurologist Chris Winter, author of the new book The Sleep Solution. "I would think something's up, to put it mildly,"
Trump has claimed to prefer three to four hours of sleep. And he shows "many classic signs of sleep deprivation," including bad decision making, inability to focus, irritability and impulsiveness, says Winter, who describes himself as "a fairly conservative guy."
- Jayne O'Donnell, "Is chronic sleep deprivation impairing President Trump's brain, performance?", USA TODAY, (May 31, 2017).
- Trump's anti-Jeb retweets now include one from a Nazi's account and another calling Jeb a Nazi.
- Tim Miller, Twitter (January 2016).
- Tweets like that are actually really difficult to parse, because they are somehow both a borderline obstruction of justice, and the meaningless rantings of a confused old idiot. They exist in two opposite states simultaneously. Trump is truly a Schrödinger's arsehole.
- No one wants to reopen America more than President Donald Trump. And I think the American people have known that from weeks ago when the president declared that important balance, we have to make sure that the cure isn't worse than the disease. Because the reality is that for all of the sacrifice the American people have made, sacrifices that literally have saved lives, the truth is that there are real costs including the health and well-being of the American people to continue to go through the shutdown that we're in today. And so the president laid out new guidelines for every state in the country to say that if you’ve seen cases decline for 14 days, if you're in a position to do the kind of, the kind of testing and you have the health hospital capacity that we want to encourage every state to examine the way to go to phase one. And that's the new guidance that we're giving.
- Chuck Todd: I understand that. I've given you a lot of leeway here. I've not been wanting to interrupt you. That's not true, I always want to jump in on some things. I've given you a lot of leeway. Why is the president trying to undermine the guidance you've been laying out and that he's been -- he laid out this guidance on Thursday and undermined it on Friday.
- Mike Pence: Chuck, I just -- I don't accept your premise and I don't think most Americans do either. The president's made it clear, he wants to reopen America. And we laid out guidelines for every state in the country to safely and responsibly reopen their economy at the time and manner of their choosing. We laid out the criteria for when our best scientists believe that would be appropriate. If it was 14 days of declining of cases and they had proper hospital capacity. And we laid out the means that they could move into phase one. When you hear the president, when you see people across the country talking about reopening, every American and this president want to do that in a safe and responsible way. The guidelines for opening up America are a framework for doing that. And we'll work with governors across the country to implement those because we want to, we want to put America back to work as soon as we responsibly can. And at the president's direction we're going to continue to work to do that every day.
- Mr. Trump lacks the focus or self-discipline to do the basic work required of a president. His chronic impulsiveness is apparently unstoppable and clearly self-defeating.
- It isn't surprising that Trump would be reading Jihad Watch. ... What makes this striking is that Trump made no secret of reading this site, unlike numerous others who are so afraid of the politically correct thought police that they read it in secret — even back when I was giving seminars for the U.S. military on the terrorist mindset, one colonel urged me not to say that I had been there, so afraid was he of Hamas-linked CAIR. It's long past time to stop that kind of kowtowing. Those of us who are defending human rights against jihad terror and Sharia oppression have nothing to feel guilty about or ashamed of, and must not accept the enemy characterization of us, as that characterization itself is just a weapon in their arsenal and an attempt to clear away opposition to jihad and Sharia. It's good news that the corrupt media is being passed over in favor of the truth tellers. Kudos to Trump for not bowing to the self-appointed arbiters of acceptable opinion.
- Robert Spencer, after Trump linked to a Jihad Watch post on his Facebook account. Donald Trump links to Jihad Watch story on Facebook (August 3, 2016), Jihad Watch.
- Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I mean, I just found out I'm number one on Facebook. I thought that was very nice for whatever it means. No, it represents something. And when I can explain to people: Just don't do it. You know, it's going to be bad if you do it. It's going to be really bad. And they don't need to do it. They have enough problems. Iran has enough problems without doing that. But we’ve been pulling back very substantially over the last year, in Iraq. And so, you know, that's the way it is.
- Donald Trump. Coronavirus task force press briefing, 2020-04-01, quoted in James S. Brady (1 April 2020), "Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing", White House .
- Note: At April 1, Trump's official page, with 26.8 million likes and 28.5 million followers, was not among the most-followed Facebook pages. At January 6, speaking on Rush Limbaugh's radio show Trump stated that Mark Zuckerberg told him that he was "number one on Facebook", claim that was not refuted by Facebook as reported in Trump Claims Mark Zuckerberg Told Him He's 'Number One On Facebook' (January 8, 2020) by Josephine Harvey, HuffPost Australia
- Donald Trump, who has driven well past the last exit to relevance and peered into something closer to irresponsible here, is tweeting tonight.