John Ellis "Jeb" Bush (born 11 February 1953) is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. Bush is the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and a younger brother of former President George W. Bush.
- I told my brother we were going to deliver Florida; we're going to keep that promise, aren't we?
- I think he'd be a great president. He understands what it's like to be president -- for not only the person running or serving, plus family. He's seen his dad, he's seen his brother.
- Former president George H.W. Bush on his brother in an interview, "Fox & Friends", October 2, 2014
- What you need to know is that who I listen to when I need advice on the Middle East is George W. Bush.
- 2015-05-05, quoted in "Jeb: George W. Bush is a top foreign policy adviser". CNN. 2015-05-07. Retrieved on 2015-05-11.
- Quoted in: What Would Jeb Do?, The New Yorker, 2015-10-26
- You know what? As it relates to my brother, there is one thing I know for sure: he kept us safe.
- GOP Presidential Debate, FOX News, 2015-09-16, quoted in Ben Mathis-Lilley (2015-09-16). "Jeb Cites 9/11 Rubble in Claiming George W. Bush Kept America Safe". Slate.
- How pathetic for @realdonaldtrump to criticize the president for 9/11. We were attacked & my brother kept us safe.
- . @JebBush. Twitter (2015-10-16)., quoted in Conor Friedersdorf (2015-10-22). "Jeb Bush Has Learned the Wrong Lessons From His Family Tradition". The Atlantic.
- It turns out there are people, typically they're probably unemployed kids with student debt you know that are stuck in their parents' basement with Cheetos stains on their t-shirts that haven't been able to get their first job so what they do is they play games to see how long they can edit Wikipedia pages in order to have games with their friends all around the world. So my advice to you is, if you do have a Wikipedia page, check it once in a while....
- . Jeb Bush Remarks in Nashua, New Hampshire. C-SPAN (2016-02-08). Retrieved on 2016-02-09.
- Ideas matter, policy matters.
- Concession speech (20 February 2016).
- Please clap.
- [Voters Might Not Miss Jeb Bush, but Campaign Reporters Will (22 February 2016).
- Whatever his views are this morning, they might change this afternoon, and they were different than they were last night, and they’ll be different tomorrow. ... They seem to be ever, ever-changing, depending on what crowd he’s in front of. Sounds like a typical politician, by the way, where you get in front of one crowd and say one thing, and then say something else to another crowd that may want to hear a different view. All the things that Donald Trump railed against, he seems to be morphing into — it’s kind of disturbing. ... He doesn’t believe in things, this is all a game.
- About Donald Trump's views — Jeb Bush Says He’s Not Buying The Trump Immigration Shift, BuzzFeed (August 25, 2016)
Quotes about BushEdit
- Jeb Bush is a dead man.
- Igor Bobic and Ryan Grim, "What Donald Trump's Win In South Carolina Says About The Republican Party" (20 February 2016), The Huffington Post.
- Jeb's my little brother, he's done what I've told him to all his life.
- George W. Bush in The New York Times article "Two brothers share a quest, but not a style" (5 November 1994).