American political strategist and former White House Press Secretary and Communications Director for President Donald Trump
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Business as usual is over. And I think what I mean by that is that you know, the President-elect looks at this and says what’s best for the country? How do we put America and Americans first and stop trying to figure out how we cater to you know, pundits and the establishment class, big donors. He is putting Americans first and foremost. And when he talks about Americans first, he means I don’t care what a bunch of elites tell me or people at a dinner party. He wants to know what American workers care about, what American families care about, what’s going to help American businesses grow.
- This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration -- period -- both in person and around the globe.
- Transcript of press secretary Sean Spicer (January 21, 2017)
- I think sometimes we can disagree with the facts ... But our intention is never to lie to you.
- To assume someone because of their age or gender, that they don't pose a threat, would be wrong.
- 'White House Tells Dissenters in State Department: 'Get With the Program' or Quit', Time, January 30 2017 (defending the detention of a five year old child)
- The President had a very cordial conversation with Prime Minister Trumble...
- So he has ensured that while he has respect for the Australian people, respect for Prime Minister Trumble...
- The President had an incredibly productive set of meetings and discussions with Prime Minister Joe Trudeau of Canada
- Sean Spicer appears to call Prime Minister 'Joe Trudeau,' Twitter Loses it (February 14, 2017)
Quotes about SpicerEdit
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, who was a commander in the Naval Reserves, tried several times to persuade Mattis to appear on Sunday talk shows on behalf of the administration. The answer was always no. "Sean," Mattis finally said, "I've killed people for a living. If you call me again, I'm going to fucking send you to Afghanistan. Are we clear?"
- Bob Woodward, Fear: Trump in the White House (2018), p. 133