Hello! My name is Emily, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I will probably edit infrequently, as most of my time online editing under my accounts of the same name on the Wikimedia Commons (here) and Wikipedia (here). For more info on me, please see my userpage on Wikipedia.
A summary of my contributionsEdit
Pages I have createdEdit
- Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye (the I.P. who started that was me)
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (film) (some content was split off The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
- Bend It Like Beckham
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- Rick Mercer Report
Pages I regularly contribute toEdit
Some favourite quotesEdit
- I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguished, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space,
Rayless, and pathless, and the icy earth
Swung blind and blackening in the moonless air
- Darkness, by Lord Byron
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers —
That perches on the soul —
And sings the tune without the words —
And never stops — at all —
- Poem no. 254, by Emily Dickinson
- My atheism... is a true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests.
- There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is a society where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but nature more.
- Childe Harold's Pilgrimage, Lord Byron
(And just to show that I indeed have a sense of humour...)
- Dr. House: Mom's body is like…the intricate German metro system. All the trains run on time. She gets pregnant, it's like…a new station opening in Düsseldorf. A bunch of rookies running things. Bound to be mistakes. Kids play on the tracks and get electrocuted, and before you know it, trains are backed up all the way to Berlin and you got a bunch of angry Germans with nowhere to go. And we all know that ain't good for the Jews…
- Dr. Chase: Ah…who are the Jews in this metaphor?
- Janeway: Let me get this straight: trans-dimensional aliens have mistaken your Captain Proton simulation for reality.
- Paris: Yes ma'am.
- Janeway: And now an armed conflict has broken out between these aliens, and Chaotica's holographic army.
- Paris: Yes ma'am. His army of evil.
- Booth: Voodoo.. [laughs] Who's gonna believe that stuff?
- Brennan: It's a religion, no crazier than, well, what are you?
- Booth: Catholic.
- Brennan: They believe in the same saints you do. And prayer. What they call spells, you call miracles. They have priests.
- Booth: We don't make zombies.
- Brennan: Jesus rose from the dead after three days.
- Booth: Jesus is not a zombie! I shouldn't even have to tell you that.
- Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, by Douglas Adams
- Wadsworth: But he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared!
- Mrs. White: Well, that was his job. He was an illusionist.
- Wadsworth: But he never RE-appeared!
- Mrs. White: [Shrugs] He wasn't a very good illusionist.