Return to the user page of "Tartarugafechada".
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
- (Just to be sure you know) I actually suggested that Snow Crash not be merged, but rather Neal Stephenson be broken up into multiple wikiquote entries for his respective novels (or at least those novels with a significant number of quotations already entered) and for the Snow Crash subsection to be merged with the named article due to the length of both the Stephenson and Snow Crash pages.
- Merging in one direction or the other needs to happen. I am happy with merging the book entry into the author's entry so long as all the sourcing I did today on the Snow Crash page travels to Stephenson's page with the merge. :)>
- I noticed many author pages that are becoming rather long that could be (but mostly are not) broken into multiple separate novel pages (with a See Also section). Do you know if there are wikiquote guidelines making it preferable (as policy) to maintain author articles with their works as one entry? Thanks! tartaruga 22:02, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Generally, we prefer to keep books as sections under the author; having a separate page for each book too often courages editors to add material to "beef up" a short page for a book, and the resulting page may have copyright issues due to the extensive quoting. Putting all the books together means that it's more visually OK for a section to be short, because there's other content on the page. In the particular case of Stephenson, I think that it might be worthwhile to split off a separate page for the entire Baroque Cycle series, with sections for each of the books, though I think they should undergo some cleaning up before they do. —LrdChaos (talk) 04:46, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
- Agreed. So why don't we merge Snow Crash for now and then, after some time spent cleaning the rest of the Stephenson article, we split the entry into separate pages as you describe above (so long as no contrary consensus suggests otherwise). I am not sure how to merge an existing article into part of another article (unless one merely cuts and pastes), so I will leave the merge to you if you don't mind. Thanks. tartaruga 14:54, 23 January 2007 (UTC)