Hi, welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Enjoy! ~ Ningauble 14:21, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
Well, Hi right back! Twang 22:23, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. --Somerwind 22:45, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. Was wondering if quotes had to be direct quotes. What if a source mentions that:
"Piet Joubert, ... wept as he narrated the efforts which had been made to pacify the [English], and finally expressed the belief that every farmer in the country would yield his life’s blood rather than surrender the rights for which their fathers had bled and died."
This may not be a direct quote but may give us an idea of what was said. JMK 15:21, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
And when should quotes be in bold print? The quotes are sometimes difficult to read among the sources. JMK 15:24, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Got it.--Somerwind 15:30, 21 July 2010 (UTC)