- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
I have reverted your removal of the deletion nomination of Ruanaq malholtra on Wikiquote:Votes for deletion. Once an article is nominated for deletion review, it may not be removed until it has completed its review period or is closed early by a sysop. Please do not do this again, or it may result in your being blocked from editing for vandalism. Thank you for your cooperation. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 12:01, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
to whom it might concern
- my friend made that "vanity" page as a joke and i didnt like it so i made an acount so i tried to delete it but since (like i mentioned earlier) i had just made an acount so i wasn't very familiar with how to manuver on this cite. i think i deleated that other thing that you mentioned. anyway i tried to at least tone down the article to make it true but no less boring. theres really no reason to make yourself look childish. i dont apprieciate all the sarcasm. it made you look like you were on a huge power trip. i wanted it to get deleted, but there really isnt any reason because it's all true. i know you were just doing your job but that doesnt require rudeness you displayed. and thank you for warning me. and for warning everyone that i was warned.
- with the repsect due
- with the repsect due
I assume that you are referring to my use of the word "thoughtfully" in WQ:VFD#Daniel Baltz, which I admit was unnecessarily sardonic. However, your actions have not matched your stated intent, even when allowing for inexperience. Had you really intended to delete the "joke" your friend made, the obvious tactic would have been to blank Daniel Baltz. What you did instead was attempt to delete a legitimate effort to review whether that article belongs on Wikiquote, which it clearly doesn't. You also made corrections to the article, which demonstrates an intent to keep it here. It's understandable that a new editor may not be familiar with Wikiquote inclusion guidelines and other practices, but you don't appear to be trying to learn them, but rather trying to undermine the effort to implement them.
Please note that Wikiquote is a serious effort to compile sourced quotes from notable people and creative works. It is not a place to play jokes or to socialize with friends. (Please read Wikiquote:Wikiquote and Wikiquote:What Wikiquote is not for more details.) There are many websites that provide these social functions, as you know from your account with MySpace. If you decide you would like to assist us in our work, though, we would still welcome your serious contributions. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 06:44, 6 September 2006 (UTC)