2023 film directed by Christopher Nolan
Oppenheimer is a 2023 epic biographical thriller film about the life of J. Robert Oppenheimer, a theoretical physicist who was pivotal in developing the first nuclear weapon as part of the Manhattan Project and thereby ushering in the Atomic Age.
- Written and directed by Christopher Nolan.
The World Forever Changes.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- They won't fear it until they understand it. And they won't understand it until they've used it. Theory will take you only so far.
- I don't know if we can be trusted with such a weapon. But I know the Nazis can't.
- Would the Japanese have surrendered if they knew what was coming?
- The world will remember this day.
- Is anyone ever going to tell the truth about what's happening here?
Katherine "Kitty" Oppenheimer edit
- You think because you let them tar and feather you that the world will forgive you? They won't.
- The world is changing. Reforming. This is your moment.
Lewis Strauss edit
- Amateurs seek the sun. Get eaten. Power stays in the shadows.
- The man who moved the Earth.
- The force from which the sun draws its power has been loosed.
- Truman needs to know what's next.
- Oppenheimer wanted to own the atomic bomb. He wanted to be the man who moved the Earth. He talks about putting the nuclear genie back in the bottle. Well I'm here to tell you that I know J. Robert Oppenheimer, and if he could do it all over, he'd do it all the same. You know he's never once said that he regrets Hiroshima? He'd do it all over. Why? Because it made him the most important man who ever lived!
- Isidor Rabi: A prophet isn't allowed to be wrong. Not once.
- Niels Bohr: The important thing isn't if you can read music, it's if you can hear it. Can you hear the music, Robert?
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: Yes, yes I can.
- Edward Condon: Why would we move out to the middle of the desert for two to three years?
- Leslie Groves: Why? How about because this is the most important fucking thing to ever happen in the history of the world!
- Leslie Groves: Are you saying that there's a chance that when we push that button... we destroy the world?
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: The chances are near zero...
- Leslie Groves: Near zero?
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: What do you want from theory alone?
- Leslie Groves: Zero would be nice!
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: When I came to you with those calculations, we thought we might start a chain reaction that would destroy the entire world...
- Albert Einstein: I remember it well. What of it?
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: I believe we did.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: Since when are you British?
- Klaus Fuchs: Since Hitler told me I wasn't German.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: Mr. President. I believe there is blood on my hands.
- [Truman mockingly waves a pocket square at him]
- Harry Truman: You think anyone in Hiroshima or Nagasaki gives a shit who built the bomb? You didn't drop the bomb, I did. Hiroshima isn't about you. [after Oppenheimer leaves] Don't let that crybaby back in here.