My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (season 9)
The following is a list of quotes from the ninth and final season which started on April 6 and ended on October 12, 2019. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
The Beginning of the End - Part 1Edit
- Pinkie Pie: We always win, like the time Sombra almost took back the Crystal Empire, or when Chrysalis pretended to be Cadence, or when Tirek came back and absorbed all the magic, or the other time Chrysalis tried to take over, or with Cozy Glow and the school... (catching breath) Am I missing anything?
- Rarity: Pony of Shadows.
- Spike: Starlight when she was evil.
- Fluttershy: Discord when he was evil.
- Applejack: Do Flim and Flam count?
- Tirek: Grogar is ancient and extremely powerful. The land that would become Equestria was a mere collection of farms and pastures, until he declared himself emperor of all he saw. I remember hearing tales of his tyranny when I was young.
- King Sombra: I have also heard of the first emperor of Equestria, the "Father of Monsters".
- Grogar: I gave life to the foulest of creatures and allowed them to run wild, taking what they wanted and destroying the rest. My reign was a glorious, fear-soaked epoch of darkness in Equestria...
- Queen Chrysalis: Ha! Until Gusty the Great rose up and banished you.
- Grogar: That fool thought taking my bell would defeat me, but she only weakened me temporarily.
- Cozy Glow: Um, Tirek is really old. [to Tirek] No offense, you look great. [back to Grogar] But if he knew about you when he was young, we have super different ideas about what "temporarily" means.
- Grogar: SILENCE!!
The Beginning of the End - Part 2Edit
- Discord: [weakly] Listen to me... you don't need me. You don't need the princesses, and you certainly don't need the elements. [coughs] Fluttershy, you will always be kind. Applejack, you will always be honest. Rarity, you'll always be generous. And Rainbow Dash will be loyal as can be. Pinkie will always bring laughter wherever she goes. And Twilight, you are and always will be the embodiment of magic. You lost sight of what's in front of you. You're here, together, willing to give everything you've got for Equestria. Nothing and nopony can ever take that away from you... because that's who you are.
- King Sombra: [laughs] It's going to take more than a sentimental speech to save you.
- Twilight Sparkle: Discord's right. We've proven time and time again that the real magic is the six of us working together! With these girls by my side, I'm not afraid of you! I'm not afraid of what you can do or how much power you have!
- King Sombra: You should be.
- [He fires a blast, but Twilight blocks it.]
- Twilight Sparkle: You may knock us down, but we're gonna get back up again! [another fire; she blocks it] And again! [and another] And again! As long as we're together, we will never stop trying to defeat you!
- [Now they both blast at each other; Twilight's expands into a magic shield which bathes herself and her friends in pink light; all join hooves in turn]
- Fluttershy: For our friends!
- Applejack, Rarity: For our families!
- Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash: For our home!
- Twilight Sparkle: For Equestria!
- [The magic shield glows brighter and lifts them up; Twilight's eyes begin to glow white and her mane and tail sparkle and wave in the manner of Celestia and Luna's, as Sombra fails to hit them with his magic]
- King Sombra: NO! This can't be possible! Your magic can't defeat mine!! I DESTROYED THE SOURCE OF YOUR POWER!!!
- Twilight Sparkle: You can't destroy our friendship, Sombra!
- Rainbow Dash: And we keep telling bad guys...
- Applejack: But y'all just don't seem to remember...
- All six: Friendship is magic!!!
- [Their magic expands outward]
- King Sombra: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! [disintegrates into nothingness]
- Princess Celestia: A good leader knows when to ask for help, but a great leader has the courage to admit when they've made a mistake and the strength to make it right.
- Twilight Sparkle: I guess I know, when the time comes, as long as we're together, we probably—
- Rest of Mane Six: [clearing throats]
- Twilight Sparkle: We definitely got this.
- Cozy Glow: Now I'll say something nice about centaurs; Tirek, you say something nice about changelings; and Chrysalis, you say something nice about ponies.
- Queen Chrysalis: NEVER!
- Twilight Sparkle: But the tree couldn't have called you. It's gone! Sombra destroyed it.
- Thorax: Ocellus! There you are. The hive's been worried sick. Why did you leave without even telling us? The last time you and your friends did that, it almost made our kingdoms to war! (School Daze - Part 2)
The Point of No ReturnEdit
She's All YakEdit
Sweet and SmokyEdit
Going to SeedEdit
The Last CrusadeEdit
Between Dark and DawnEdit
The Last LaughEdit
2, 4, 6, GreaaatEdit
A Trivial PursuitEdit
The Summer Sun SetbackEdit
- Twilight Sparkle: This celebration has always been a reminder not to fear the night, for there is always a new day to look forward to. But as we look towards Equestria's future, I am sad to say that today will be the last Summer Sun Celebration. Because there is something even more important to celebrate. There are two ponies who have watched over us, night and day, for as long as we can remember. We will no longer commemorate their battle or their reunion. Instead, we will take this day to celebrate how much they mean to all of us. From this day forward, today will be known as...the Festival of the Two Sisters!
- Discord: You know, it really does seem like you just might be ready for whatever comes next, Your Majesty.
- Cozy Glow: You know, it really was super-easy to get all those earth ponies and pegasi and unicorns to turn on each other.
- Queen Chrysalis: It was, wasn’t it? Now that is something to think about...
- [Episode ends]
She Talks to AngelEdit
- Twilight Sparkle: Friendships change. But just because Spike made a new friend doesn't mean he stops being yours.
- Rarity: [pouting] I know, but now I have to share him! [smiles sheepishly] Which I suppose I'll have to get used to...
A Horse-Shoe InEdit
Growing Up is Hard to DoEdit
The Big Mac QuestionEdit
The Ending of the End - Part 1Edit
- Grogar: The Bell?! You had it all this time?! Why didn't you tell me?!
- Cozy Glow: We're villains, duh!
- [The villains strike the Bell, draining away Grogar's power - and revealing him to actually be Discord, who gives a sheepish wave]
- Tirek: That was unexpected.
The Ending of the End - Part 2Edit
- Pinkie Pie: What are we gonna do, Twilight?!?
- Twilight Sparkle: The same thing we do every time, Pinkie: Try to save the world.
- Twilight Sparkle: EEENOUGH! Because of you, I almost lost my way, but every creature here has reminded me of the true power of friendship. There will always be darkness in the world, but there will also always be those who find the light. The Pillars knew this. That's why they CREATED the Elements of Harmony.
- [Teleports all the captives to the battleground and begins to glow; the Pillars glow as well]
- Twilight Sparkle: The Elements showed me and my friends how strong our friendship could be. Together, we worked to bring harmony to Equestria! But there will always be more to do.
- [Her friends glow and float up]
- Twilight Sparkle: Which is why we teach others about the magic of friendship -- others who will continue our mission after we are gone.
- [The students glow and float up]
- Twilight Sparkle: Now I truly understand -- the Elements were just symbols. The real magic has always been right here, and the more who understand how powerful friendship is, the stronger we will all be....together!
- [The three groups fire rainbow beams at Twilight, who fires a rainbow beam of her own to the sky.]
- Cozy Glow: This is bad, isn't it?
- [The beam shines down on the villains, taking their powers away.]
- Princess Celestia: There isn't a punishment worthy of all you've done!
- [Two Discords each speak to either princess]
- Princess Luna: Oh, that DOES seem fitting.
- Right Discord: May I help?
- Left Discord: Pleeeeease?
- [The princesses and Discord zap the villains with their magic, turning them to stone.]
- Discord: Together forever. I can't think of anything that they would want less.
The Last ProblemEdit
- [doors open]
- Spike: Starlight is supposed to come over soon. There's a little something we wanted to give you before we leave. You know what? I think you're right, Twilight. I should take my comics to Canterlot. We can't leave the Power Ponies behind.
- Twilight Sparkle: I don't think the Power Ponies care, Spike. Just like all of our friends.
- Applejack: All right, Twilight. Are you ready? We all wanted to see you off, but there's still a lot to do.
- Spike: Aren't you coming on the train?
- Applejack: I gotta go with Big Mac so we can go over our packin' list or we won't know who gets what deliveries.
- Rainbow Dash: And I'm gonna meet the Wonderbolts so we can go over the routine one last time.
- Pinkie Pie: I'm going with Gummy. He said he knows when the fireworks display should start, but does anypony really believe that?!
- Fluttershy: And I still need to pick up food for the swans and doves who flew ahead to Canterlot. If I don't get them fed, they'll be too pooped to perform.
- Twilight Sparkle: Well, I'll be living in Canterlot alone. Might as well take the train alone, too. Bye, I guess.
- Rarity: Oh, you won't be traveling alone, darling. I'll have just enough time on the train to weave the star spider sash for your gown. But we should leave now. There's no time to dawdle if you want the coronation to be perfect.
- Twilight Sparkle That's the problem! You're all so worried about making my coronation perfect, but I'm leaving Ponyville and none of you even care!
- Rest of Mane Six: [gasp]
- Pinkie Pie: [gulps] Well, at least the coronation is over.
- Twilight Sparkle: [groans]
- Pinkie Pie: [snickers]
- Mane 6: [laughing]
- Twilight Sparkle: That was something.
- Starlight Glimmer: I was just about to say the same thing. I know maybe it wasn't the coronation you planned, but it's good to see all of you laughing.
- Spike: We wanted to give this to you before you left Ponyville, but things got a little hectic.
- Starlight Glimmer: Since you're moving away, we thought if you missed any of us or Ponyville, this might help.
- Twilight Sparkle: Awww.
- Pinkie Pie: It's a book of memories.
- Applejack: And we all chipped in some.
- Fluttershy: No matter how much things change, you'll always have this to look back on.
- Twilight Sparkle: I love it. Thank you so much. But I don't want to only look back. Obviously the coronation wasn't perfect, but that doesn't matter. It's our relationships that really count, and we have to maintain them.
- Rarity: But now that we'll be living in different places, I'm not exactly sure how.
- Twilight Sparkle: I am. I suggest we meet once a moon. In fact, my first royal decree as ruler of Equestria is to establish this Council of Friendship!
- Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Spike: [cheering]
- Princess Celestia: And what a wonderful decree it is!
- Princess Luna: We always knew that whatever adversity you faced, you and your friends would find your way through it together.
- Princess Celestia: We know Equestria is in the perfect hooves with you and your friends looking out for it. And while we'll always be here if you need us, it's time for us to be on our way.
- Twilight Sparkle: You're leaving?
- Princess Luna: We hope you'll come and visit us in Silver Shoals.
- Princess Celestia: But now it's time for you to rule on your own. You're all more than capable.
- Twilight Sparkle: Thank you. For everything. Mmmm! [chuckling]
- All: [laughing]
- [Last lines of the series]
- Luster Dawn: So, even though everything changed and you moved away from your friends, you didn't grow apart? And this is the Council of Friendship? That's what you're all doing here?
- Rainbow Dash: Duh! This time every moon.
- Applejack: [chuckles] What she means is this is how we've been rulin' together.
- Rarity: And how we've continued to face every problem and threat to Equestria over the years.
- Pinkie Pie: But mostly, it's how we keep in touch. No matter how busy life gets.
- Twilight Sparkle: Sometimes friendships can be hard, and it takes work to maintain them. But without friends, things can be a lot harder.
- Luster Dawn: I never thought about friendship being something to work at, and I don't mind work. I guess if they don't have to fade away, maybe making friends isn't the waste of time I thought. But I've been so focused on my studies, I wouldn't know where to start.
- Twilight Sparkle: That's all right, because I know exactly where to send you.