Frances Bean Cobain
- 1 Quotes
- 1.1 Twitter posts
- 1.2 "Frances Bean Cobain: 'I'm a Different Person'" (2005)
- 1.3 "High School Musical Starring Frances Bean Cobain" (2008)
- 1.4 "Looks like teen spirit: Kurt Cobain's daughter Frances Bean dumps the glam for grunge" (2009)
- 1.5 "Frances Bean Cobain Says Dave Grohl Never Creeped on Her" (2012)
- 1.6 "Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A" (2015)
- 2 About Frances Bean Cobain
- 3 External links
- my fiancé is so handsome. Imma have to send his parents a fruit basket thanking them for creating the perfect man.
- I'd like to thank my parents for providing me with a high IQ & I'd like to thank my grams for encouraging me not to be a self absorbed idiot
- Two out of my three cats follow me around like furry little stalkers. It's such a nice ego boost.
- saddened to hear the passing of a true artistic master, H.R. Giger. Ur legacy will live on through ur innovative & stimulating originality
- Attempting to be a people pleaser is a fruitless task so, fuck it.
- Humans are an embarrassing species w/ small glimmers of beauty that seep through the veil of bigotry&stupidity, every once in a small while.
- the death of young musicians isn't something to romanticize (cont)
- I'll never know my father because he died young & it becomes a desirable feat because ppl like u think it's "cool"(cont)
- Well, it's fucking not. Embrace life, because u only get one life. The ppl u mentioned wasted that life.Don't be 1 of those ppl
- ur too talented to waste it away.
- 22 June 2014, 7:05 PM, 7:06 PM, 7:10 PM, 7:20 PM.
- These Tweets were directed at Lana Del Rey who had said "I wish I was dead already" in an interview with The Guardian while discussing Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain.
- See more about Frances Bean Cobain's response in Kory Grow, "Frances Bean Cobain to Lana Del Rey: Early Death Isn't 'Cool'", Rolling Stone (23 June 2014).
- I'm not attacking anyone. I have no animosity towards Lana, I was just trying to put things in perspective from personal experience
- 22 June 2014, 7:51 PM.
- Happy birthday to my unorthodox/free spirited mother @Courtney thanks for teaching me to embrace creativity&survive
- Constantly battling with sabretooth tigers and fluid drained lighters.
- Stardust coursing through our veins.
- Being a people pleaser is a fruitless task; love is love. There's no debating that concept.
- As quoted by NOH8 Campaign, 8 October 2014
- See also Brett Buchanan, "Frances Bean Cobain Featured In New NOH8 Campaign Photo", Alternative Nation (8 October 2014)
- You see something faraway & it looks beautiful & very seductive; but as you go closer you realize it's actually bugs crawling over a corpse.
- The Idealization of deep flaws seeping through coiled cracks;
The reality we all want to avoid is a plagued sickness we choose to live with.
- So many ways to be deemed unclean
- Teetering in between worlds with a sleepy conscious, pestilence, infinite knowledge, alienation, burning cigarettes, vibes & male seahorses.
- Frances Bean Cobain as cited by Stephen M. Silverman, "Frances Bean Cobain: 'I'm a Different Person'", People (7 September 2005).
- I'm a different person. I don't want to be titled as Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain's daughter. I want to be thought of as Frances Cobain.
- Attributed to a Teen Vogue interview
- She tells me to "live free and be free, but listen to other people's advice." I listen, but I don't always follow it.
- Attributed to a Teen Vogue interview
- My favorite color is light pink. I also like baby blue because it brings out my eyes.
- Attributed to a Teen Vogue interview
- Frances Bean Cobain as quoted by Laura Brown, "High Sschool Musical Starring Frances Bean Cobain", HarpersBazaar.com (8 February 2008).
- Mom and I…we're both very flaky people.
- I get it, I really do, but at the same time, it's creepy. It's creepy to see fan sites about me.
- These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything. I'm famous by default. I came out of the womb and people wanted to know who I was because of my parents. If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents. People need to wait until I've done something valid with my life.
- I can count on one hand how many people I trust.
- I want to be sublimely happy.
- Frances Bean Cobain as quoted by Daily Mail Reporter, "Looks like teen spirit: Kurt Cobain's daughter Frances Bean dumps the glam for grunge", DailyMail.com (20 August 2009).
- I don't like to look sloppy. I'm a girlie-girl.
- Attributed to the Teen Vogue interview four years earlier
- Frances Bean Cobain as quoted by Christopher R. Weingarten, "Frances Bean Cobain Says Dave Grohl Never Creeped on Her", Spin (12 April 2012).
- While I'm generally silent on the affairs of my biological mother, her recent tirade has taken a gross turn. I have never been approached by Dave Grohl in more than a platonic way. I'm in a monogamous relationship and very happy. Twitter should ban my mother.
- Frances Bean Cobain as quoted by David Fricke, "Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A", Rolling Stone (8 April 2015).
- "Kurt got to the point where he eventually had to sacrifice every bit of who he was to his art, because the world demanded it of him," Frances says bluntly at one point. "I think that was one of the main triggers as to why he felt he didn't want to be here and everyone would be happier without him."
- David Fricke quoting Frances Bean Cobain
- Even though Kurt died in the most horrific way possible, there is this mythology and romanticism that surrounds him, because he's 27 forever. The shelf life of an artist or musician isn't particularly long. Kurt has gotten to icon status because he will never age. He will always be that relevant in that time and always be beautiful.
- My dad was exceptionally ambitious. But he had a lot thrown on him, exceeding his ambition. He wanted his band to be successful. But he didn't want to be the fucking voice of a generation.
- I don't really like Nirvana that much. [grins] Sorry, promotional people, Universal. I'm more into Mercury Rev, Oasis, Brian Jonestown Massacre. [laughs] The grunge scene is not what I'm interested in. But "Territorial Pissings" is a fucking great song. And "Dumb"—I cry every time I hear that song. It's a stripped-down version of Kurt's perception of himself—of himself on drugs, off drugs, feeling inadequate to be titled the voice of a generation.
- No. I would have felt more awkward if I'd been a fan. I was around 15 when I realized he was inescapable. Even if I was in a car and had the radio on, there's my dad. He's larger than life and our culture is obsessed with dead musicians. We love to put them on a pedestal. If Kurt had just been another guy who abandoned his family in the most awful way possible… But he wasn't. He inspired people to put him on a pedestal, to become St. Kurt.
- Response to the question, "Did you feel awkward as a teenager, not being that interested in the music Kurt made?"
- They [
Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear ] look at me, and you can see they're looking at a ghost. … Dave said, "She is so much like Kurt." They were all talking amongst themselves, rehashing old stories I'd heard a million times. I was sitting in a chair, chain-smoking, looking down like this. [acts bored] And they went, "You are doing exactly what your father would have done."
About Frances Bean CobainEdit
- We're each other's everything.
- Isaiah Silva, Cobain's then fiancé, quoted by Jessica Herndon and Kevin O'Donnell, "Frances Bean Cobain and Isaiah Silva: Their Private Romance", People (3 January 2012).