citizens or residents of The Netherlands
Dutch people are a Germanic ethnic group native to the Netherlands. They share a common culture and speak the Dutch language. Dutch people and their descendants are found in migrant communities worldwide.
- I am thinking about something a Dutch historian once told me about the cultural revolution that swept over the Netherlands in the 1960s. It had been such a settled, orderly, bourgeois nation. The Second World War and the Nazi occupation shattered something deep in the Dutch. After the war, they tried to rebuild what they had, but it was a feeble replica. When the winds of the counterculture began to blow, the establishment institutions collapsed, as if the revolution were inevitable.
- Spaniards and Dutchmen, and Frenchmen and such men,
As foemen did curse them, the bowmen of England!
No other land could nurse them
- Hollanders are not a nation to rob another of its property, but desire to live in friendship with all people, and trade with them.
- The Dutch example shows that when people overcome their fear, David can defeat Goliath.
- Geert Wilders, Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me (May 2012), Ch. 13: "How to Turn the Tide", p. 208
- Encyclopedic article on Dutch people at Wikipedia