New Hampshire is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States. It is bordered by Massachusetts to the south, Vermont to the west, Maine and the Atlantic Ocean to the east, and the Canadian province of Quebec to the north. New Hampshire is the 5th smallest by land area and the 9th least populous of the 50 United States. In January 1776, it became the first of the British North American colonies to establish a government independent of Great Britain's authority, and it was the first to establish its own state constitution. Six months later, it became one of the original 13 states that founded the United States of America, and in June 1788 it was the ninth state to ratify the Constitution, bringing that document into effect.
- Live free or die.
- New Hampshire (formerly Vermont) contains many rustic little villages with names like "East Thwackmore" featuring quaint little inns where the harried visitor can escape from the high-pressure modern world, with its pesky flush toilets and central heating. New Hampshire is also the home of the famous New England town meeting, a dynamic example of "democracy in action" wherein once a year all the residents of each town gather to lick syrup off each other's thighs. One of New Hampshire's most popular attractions is the famous "Old Man of the Mountain," a natural granite formation that, when viewed from a certain angle, looks like rocks. New Hampshire's Official State Onion Dip Enhancer is chives.
- Dave Barry, Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need (1991), New York: Fawcett Columbine, p. 88-89
- New Hampshire is a drug-infested den.
- 1981—William Loeb, alleged newspaperman, goes to his eternal torment at the age of 75.
- General Don Bolduc has run a great campaign to be the U.S. Senator from the beautiful State of New Hampshire. He was a strong and proud 'Election Denier,' a big reason that he won the Nomination, but he then disavowed. He has si...
- Trump Trump endorses Don Bolduc in New Hampshire, calls him an 'Election Denier' ("By MATTHEW MEDSGER | firstname.lastname@example.org | Boston Herald PUBLISHED: October 31, 2022 at 4:20 p.m. | UPDATED: October 31, 2022 at 6:54 p.m.")
- Encyclopedic article on New Hampshire on Wikipedia