Kevin D. Williamson
- I am grateful to the men and women of our military for their service, but armies are only expedients, necessary evils. They should be kept out of sight for the same reason I keep the guns out of sight in my home. A military parade does not display greatness—it displays power. And that may be where I most part company with our new nationalists. To my eye, there is more American greatness in a New England town hall than in all of Washington, and more American greatness in an Oregon apple orchard or a Rotary meeting than there is in all the tanks and rockets that ever have been.
- "The Nationalism Show" (March 2019), National Review
Homogenity is Their Strength (2014)Edit
- "Homogenity is Their Strength" (10 August 2014), National Review
- In Sweden, diversity is not their strength. Homogeneity is.
- Sweden’s more liberal policy toward immigrants may be judged in no small part by the Stockholm riots of 2013.
The Whitest Privilege (2015)Edit
- "The Whitest Privilege" (8 July 2015), National Review
- In reality, economic xenophobia and ordinary xenophobia always end up colliding. The nastier of Europe’s anti-immigrant and ethno-nationalist movements argue that ethnic solidarity is necessary to preserve the welfare state. Among ordinary Swedes, the topic of immigrants’ — non-Nordic people’s — relatively high rates of unemployment and welfare dependency is politically charged.
The Caste System (2018)Edit
- "The Caste System" (11 September 2018), National Review
- Progressives conceive of themselves as a caste apart, a special and specialized group of enlightened men and women whose job it is to organize other people’s lives for them, a necessity because those people are too dumb to do it for themselves.
- Liars think everybody is lying, cheaters think everybody else is a cheat, and self-serving political hacks who misuse their offices think that that’s just how the game is played, that everybody does it.
- Because they think of themselves as a special enlightened caste, progressives care almost nothing about process. Process is for the little people.
A Fairness Doctrine for the Internet? (2018)Edit
- "A Fairness Doctrine for the Internet?" (12 September 2018), National Review
- Facebook, Google, et al. operate in an almost uniformly Left-Democratic culture, and they heard a great deal from both organized and semi-organized efforts from progressives and left-wing organizations whose sole purpose in life is trying to discredit conservative figures and exclude conservatives from public discourse.
"Hold Them Accountable" (2018)Edit
- "'Hold Them Accountable'" (19 September 2018), National Review
- The opposite case has been made, repeatedly, throughout the history of liberalism, liberalism being the philosophy most despised by the Americans who call themselves “liberals.”
- Encyclopedic article on Kevin D. Williamson at Wikipedia