Mega Man, also spelled Megaman, known as Rockman (ロックマン|Rokkuman) in Japan, is a title character and the protagonist of the Mega Man science fiction platforming game series by Capcom. Both the original and the numerous sequel series typically center around an energy weapon armed android defending a futuristic society from revolting robots.
EXE series quotesEdit
"Jack in, MegaMan.EXE, Transmit!" - Lan, Mega Man Battle Network 1 and 2
"All your base are belong to us!" - Infected Program (ElecMan.EXE's Stage), Mega Man Battle Network
Battle routine set! - Lan
Execute! - Megaman
All Battle Network Games
"Leg's go Lan!" - Mega Man Battle Network 4
"What a polite young man she was!" - Haruka Hikari (Mrs. Hikari, Lan's mother)about a girl, Mega Man Battle Network 4
"What am I, Mr. Famous, doing here?" - Lan, Mega Man Battle Network 5
MegaMan: I heard that Cyber Academy is haunted!
Lan: Oh really?
MegaMan: Yeah! Really! You can hear them go "Woooooooo" at night...
"Synchro chip, slot in! Cross fusion!" -Various characters, Rockman.EXE Axess - Beast+
- "Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up
- "Wha... Why you insolent fool! I will crush you with a loud, loud crunch!" - just before final boss 1 in Mega Man: Powered Up
- "You forget, Mega Man. Robots cannot harm humans..." - at the end of Mega Man 7
- "Kyahahaha! The world is mine!" - Megaman 8
- "I hate Mega Man. He ruins everything."
- Wily: "Why do you oppose me, the one who created you?"
Bass: "Because you always interfere with me! I can defeat Mega Man by myself with no problem. You should go crawl in a hole somewhere."
Wily: "You know, I think I regret creating you, pompous robot."
Bass: "Ha! You created me? So what? If you created a powerful robot such as myself, it must have been an accident."
Wily: "Funny you say that, you're actually right. I studied Mega Man hoping to create a similar robot. Then I developed a powerful energy called "Bassnium" purely by accident. Thus, I created you Bass. Currently Bassnium is the most powerful energy on Earth. But, that's not for long. Hee hee, I've learned from my accident... ...And I've created a new type of robot which is much more powerful than you or Mega Man! It'll be some time before I complete this project, though. You better get ready!"
Bass: "Ha! This girlie-looking, long-haired robot will be the strongest? Don't make me laugh!"
Wily: "Don't be so over-confident. This robot's power level is far superior to yours. And this is more than just a simple robot. With this robot and my other project complete, the world will be mine! No one will stop me! Hee hee hee hee!"
Bass: "Yikes! This guy is as crazy as I thought." - at the end of Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (when Bass wins the final stage alone)
- Wily: "What do you mean he escaped?"
Proto Man: "As in: Got away, vamoosed, departed, beat feet...”
Wily:: "I know what the word means!" -At the Mega Man TV Show Episode The Day the Moon fell
- "At last, the world will bow down to the genius of Doctor Wily!" -Mega Man 11
Proto Man (alternatively spelled "Protoman") is a video game character from the Mega Man series by Capcom. In Japan, he is known as Blues, after the eponymous musical style.
Quotes (from the Mega Man cartoon)Edit
- I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so.
- Don't strain your brain, Wily. He'll come back. He always does.
- Boy, what's the world coming to when you can't trust your own brother?
- Give me that, you robo-twits.
- Ten-four, Supreme Space Cadet, sir!
- I knew you'd risk yourself for Mr. Lincoln!
- Whatever turns you on, Wily.
Quotes (from Mega Man Powered Up)Edit
- That madman! Even worse than those Joe robots... to think he'd come up with something like this...
- At the third station of Wily Castle
About Mega ManEdit
- Just the image of Mega Man standing [...] there's a sadness to it. Even his sprite has a certain gravity and seriousness to it [....] When I see a young child playing alone, in a park or in the middle of the street, playing by himself [...] there's something so sad about that sight, it can almost bring me to tears. And there's something similarly lonely about Mega Man [...]. In the backstory I wrote, Mega Man alone is equipped with the functionality to turn himself off. That very fact imbues him with a sadness. The other robot masters were made for some kind of specific job or work, so there's no need for them to have an "off switch" they can control. However, a robot helper like Mega Man can make his own judgements, and therefore can decide whether he's needed or not [...]. The sadness of being a robot is having this inorganic existence.
- Akira Kitamura as quoted in “Mega Man 3: Boss Fight Books #14”, Boss Fight Books, (2016) by Salvatore Pane
- See also: Last words in Mega Man media