Zero (Mega Man)
Zero (alternatively capitalized as "ZERO") is a video game character and one of the main characters in the popular Mega Man X (in Japan, Rockman X) series and Mega Man Zero series of video games. In the X series, he is one of the highest ranking "Maverick Hunters" who is fighting to stop Sigma's forces of infected Reploids, known as mavericks, from exterminating humanity.
Mega Man X
- "It's not X you should worry about -- it's me!!"
Mega Man X2
- "Sigma, you should have studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!"
Mega Man X4
- "NO THIS ISN'T HAPPENING, THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO GO ON, WHAT.. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOR?!"
Mega Man X6
- "That is most unfortunate. I hid myself while I tried to repair myself. I had to wait until I was healed."
- Vile: "Don't you ever get tired of the whole 'justice' thing?" Zero: "Don't you ever get tired of being Sigma's lap dog?"
- "I bet you've been thinking about, what Lumine was saying a while ago... . Well don't let it get to ya. Just becoming Sigma can hardly be called evolution... Anyway X... even if We Reploids are destined to join he scrap heap when an evolutionary step does come about... We still have to to fight... not only against mavericks, but against our own destiny as well"
- (to X, upon being asked to let him rest): "So be it. But that is why we are the best partners... I'll do what you want... Rest for a while. I will handle it, you can count on me. I won't stop! When an enemy appears... I'll terminate it..."
- "Let's go..."
- "This isn't fun anymore..."
- "Somehow... I... I did it... But... It... It cost me everything..."
- "I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"
- What do you babble about?
- Here I come!
- It's not only reploids that become irregulars I see...
- Understood. Leave it to me.
- Humans are my enemy... Enough of this... Shall we?...
- Beat it, bub...
- ...Enough. ...I am no child.