Quotes using the idea of Never
- Never generally means "at no point in time." The term comes from the words 'no' and 'ever', meaning that something is not ever going to happen.
- Had we never lov'd sae kindly,
Had we never lov'd sae blindly,
Never met - or never parted,
We had ne'er been broken-hearted.
- Robert Burns, Ae Fond Kiss
- Never give in — never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
- Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
- Captain: Though related to a peer,
I can hand, reef, and steer,
And ship a selvagee;
I am never known to quail
At the fury of a gale,
And I'm never, never sick at sea!
Chorus: What, never?
Captain: No, never!
Chorus: What, never?
Captain: Hardly ever!
- W. S. Gilbert, H. M. S. Pinafore
- To get mixed up with a man who says never
May be big trouble, but then
I just could be the woman to take you
And make you never say never again.
- Never Say Never Again theme lyrics by Lani Hall.
- It's never too late for peace, Black.
- And on my soul, I swear that until my dream...of a world where dignity, honor and justice are the reality we all share...I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
- "Might makes right" has never been a productive philosophy.
- You're right about me. I would never put civilians in harm's way. I won't kill. But you would.
- They saw the ugliness of violence as a solution and it frightened them. It frightened me too when I decided to cross that line and do what you do. It's so easy. Anger, vengeance. Luckily, I'm not you. And I never will be.
- Superman vs. The Elite written by Joe Kelly, (June 12, 2012).
- Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!
- I have met people who have claimed to be satanists, who claimed to be involved with black magic...I warn all of you: never, never, never. You will not only lose your mind, you'll lose your soul.
- Clara: You told me the name you chose was a promise. What was the promise?
- Tenth Doctor: Never cruel or cowardly.
- War Doctor: Never give up, never give in.
- Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore'.
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven
- No, no, no life!
Why should a dog, a horse, a rat, have life,
And thou no breath at all? Thou'lt come no more,
Never, never, never, never, never!
- And silence their mourning
With vows of returning
But never intending to visit them more.
No never, no never, intending to visit them more.
- Thou shalt hear the 'Never, never', whispered by the phantom years.
- Alfred Tennyson, Locksley Hall, line 83
- Her uncle drove a taxi which he had purchased on the 'never never' system. You pay $80 down and more than you can afford for the rest of your life.
- Edgar Wallace, novel "More Educated Evans" (1926)
- I'll love you till the bluebells forget to bloom;
I'll love you till the clover has lost its perfume.
I'll love you till the poets run out of rhyme,
Until the twelfth of never and that's a long, long time.
- The Moment of Death; or, The Never, Never Land
- Israel Zangwill, Title of play (1900)
Books and filmEdit
- Peter Pan (originally titled Peter Pan and Wendy). Peter Pan spends his never-ending childhood adventuring on the small island of Never land as leader of the Lost Boys.
- Finding Neverland, Academy Award-winning film released in 2004. Semifictional account of the experiences of Peter Pan author J. M. Barrie that led him to write the children's classic.