Child's Play 2
Child's Play 2 is a 1990 American horror film, the sequel to Child's Play, written by Don Mancini and directed by John Lafia (one of the original film's writers). It was released on November 9, 1990. Veteran actors Gerrit Graham and Emmy and BAFTA-winner Jenny Agutter, star as Andy's foster parents. The film also stars Christine Elise and Alex Vincent who returns as Andy Barclay as well as Brad Dourif as Chucky.
- Why fight it, Andy? We're going to be very close. In fact, we're going to be ******* inseprable.
- You've been very naughty, Miss Kettlewell.
- Playtime's over.
- Peek-a-boo! Please, let me out of here Andy. It's dark in here. I promise I won't kill anyone else, okay? Now open the goddamn door! Let me out you little dick! Let me the **** out!
- [musing a knife that has just replaced his hand] I hate kids.
- [Andy and Chucky enter the Good Guy factory] We're home.
- Just...shut up and drive, before I kick your ******* teeth in!
- Eat dirt, Tommy. [laughs]
- [from the teaser trailer] Sorry Jack, Chucky's back!
- No! I'm turning human again?! If I don't get out of this body soon I'm screwed!
- If I don't get out of this body soon I'll be trapped in here! [Kyle stares at him] What are you looking at?!
- [Relizing it's too late to switch bodies] No!
- You little ****! Do you know what you've done?! It's too late! I've spend too much time in this body! I'm ******* trapped in here!
- How's it hanging, Phil?
- What the hell?!
- Mattson's car. Chucky stole Mattson's cellphone while Mattson has parked
- Sammy: I want to play Red Light.
- Grace Poole: No, Sammy I don't want to play Red Light. Now, I want you to go to bed *right now*.
- Sammy: But I'm scared.
- Grace Poole: There's nothing to be scared of, it's just a storm.
[picks up ringing telephone]
- Grace Poole: Grace Poole.
- Chucky: Yes, I'm trying to reach Andy Barclay.
- Grace Poole: Andy no longer lives with us. Who is this?
- Chucky: This is his Uncle Charles.
- Joanne: I was thinking maybe we should get something for Andy to make him feel more at home.
- Phil: How about some Valium?
- Andy: Where are we going?
- Kyle: Home.
- Andy: Where's home?
- Kyle: Andy, I have no idea.
- Mattson: What do you want me to do with the doll?
- Mr. Sullivan: Stick it up your ***.
- Tommy: Hi, I'm Tommy.
- Chucky: Shut up, you idiot.
- [Chucky punches Tommy]
- Tommy: [malfunctioning] I like to be hugged, I like to be hugged, I like to be hugged.
- Chucky: Hug this!
- [bludgeons the doll with a figurine]
- Chucky: Come on! Step on it!
- Kyle: Fine! We'll just get pulled over again! [latches her seat belt on]
- Chucky: Just shut up and drive before I kick your ******* teeth in!
- [Kyle suddenly stops the car, and Chucky flies out of the car and breaks through the windshield; Kyle looks around for a few seconds]
- Chucky: [pops out and pins the knife to the hood] Raaaargh! [Kyle reacts and accelerates the car in high gear] Unngh! You goddamn women drivers!
- Phil: For crying out loud, Joanne. The child needs professional help!
- Joanne: Oh, stop pretending like your worried about Andy. You never wanted him in the first place.
- Phil: That's not true!
- Joanne: So what are you suggesting we do? Send him back?
- Phil: Well, you don't have to make it sound so horrible!
- Joanne: Do you have any idea how traumatic this could be for him?
- Phil: Traumatic. For whom, Joanne? For him or for you? Look. If that kid stays here, he's going to tear this family apart!
- Joanne: Family? Is this what you call a family? Families just don't give up on their children.
- Phil: Joanne, he's not our child!
- [Phil slams the door]
- Sorry Jack...Chucky's Back!
- Brad Dourif as Chucky (voice)
- Alex Vincent as Andy Barclay
- Jenny Agutter as Joanne Simpson
- Gerrit Graham - Phil Simpson
- Christine Elise - Kyle
- Grace Zabriskie -Grace Poole
- Peter Haskell - Mr. Sullivan
- Beth Grant - Miss Kettlewell
- Greg Germann - Mattson
- Raymond Singer - Social Worker
- Charles Meshack - Van Driver
- Catherine Hicks - Karen Barclay
About Child's Play 2Edit
- Hmmm, you know certain aspects I like and certain aspects I don’t. I feel like it’s too much of a retread of the first one in retrospect. At the time when we did it I was. But with the benefit of having 10 years or whatever I think that’s its too similar to the first one for one thing, just too much of a retread. Although you see more of the doll. But I feel the most successful sequels are those that kind of reinvent the wheel to some degree.
Encyclopedic article on Child's Play 2 at Wikipedia