American actor, director and producer (1936-2018)
Burton Leon "Burt" Reynolds (February 11, 1936 – September 6, 2018) was an American actor, director and producer. He has starred in many films, such as Deliverance, The Longest Yard, Smokey and the Bandit and Boogie Nights.
- My movies were the kind they show in prisons and airplanes, because nobody can leave.
- In: Briton Hadden, Henry Robinson Luce (1972). Time, Vol. 100. p. 43
- You can only hold your stomach in for so many years.
- Attributed to Reynolds in: Orange Coast Magazine, Oct. 1984. p. 143
- I can sing as well as Fred Astaire can act.
- Attributed to Reynolds in: Colin Jarman (1993). The Book of Poisonous Quotes. p. 129
- We’re only here for a little while, and you’ve got to have some fun, right? I don’t take myself seriously, and I think the ones that do, there’s some sickness with people like that. That’s why I live in Florida.
- "Burt Reynolds Has Made Mistakes. But He Regrets Nothing." in The New York Times (23 March 2018). Chosen as the Quote of the Day for 6 September 2018.
- I don’t know why I think this, but maybe I’ve got my best work ahead. Maybe I’ll be putting my teeth in the glass, and maybe it will be a very different kind of role, but I want to do something where I’m not driving a car or a truck, where it’s real. Something that people wouldn’t expect me to do. Probably a man in search of himself. But we’re always searching for ourselves anyway.
- "Burt Reynolds Has Made Mistakes. But He Regrets Nothing." in The New York Times (23 March 2018)