Xanadu is a 1980 film in which a muse inspires a down-and-out artist to form a partnership with a 1940s big band leader turned construction magnate in order to open up a roller-skating nightclub. The title of the film is a reference to the poem "Kubla Khan, or, A Vision in a Dream: A Fragment" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, which is quoted in the film.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Come take my hand, you should know me,
I've always been in your mind
You know I will be kind, I'll be guiding you
Building your dream has to start now,
There's no other road to take
You won't make a mistake, I'll be guiding you.
- You have to believe we are magic, nothin' can stand in our way
You have to believe we are magic, don't let your aim ever stray
And if all your hopes survive, destiny will arrive
I'll bring all your dreams alive, for you
- "Magic" by John Farrar
- From where I stand you are home free, the planets align so rare
There's promise in the air, and I'm guiding you
- "Magic" by John Farrar
- Have you ever heard the expression "kissed by a muse"? Well, that's what I am. I'm a muse.
- But how can our love succeed
A miracle is what we need
And so I appeal to you
To keep me suspended in time with you
Don't let this moment die
I get a feeling when I'm with you
None of the rules apply
But I know for certain
Goodbye is a crime
So love if you need me
Suspend me in time
- "Suspended in Time" by John Farrar
- A place where nobody dared to go
the love that we came to know
They call it Xanadu
And now, open your eyes and see
what we have made is real
We are in Xanadu
A million lights are dancing and there you are, a shooting star
An everlasting world and you're here with me, eternally
- The love, the echoes of long ago
you needed the world to know
They are in Xanadu
The dream that came through a million years
That lived on through all the tears, it came to Xanadu
- "Xanadu" written by Jeff Lynne
- No one's ever taken anyone out of here. Not in the whole history of... the whole history!
- Sonny: I want to know more about you.
- Kira: You already know enough about me. Any more and you're going to get a headache.
- Sonny: Are you living with someone?
- Kira: Yes. I told you I live with my sisters.
- Sonny: I get it. No questions.
- Kira: No questions, no lies.
- Sonny: No questions, no truth, either.
- Mnemosyne: Maybe just one moment darling…
- Zeus: …well maybe just one moment or forever, I keep getting them mixed up too