The Rugrats Movie
The Rugrats Movie is a 1998 American animated film, produced by Nickelodeon Movies and Klasky Csupo. The film was distributed by Paramount Pictures and first released in theaters in the United States on November 20, 1998.
Based on the popular 1990s animated Nickelodeon series, Rugrats, this film introduced Tommy's baby brother Dil Pickles, who was named after Didi Pickles' cousin, and appeared in the original series the next year.
- We're off the see the lizard.
- Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of yum!
- Angelica: You know, not all dogs go to heaven.
- Phil: Thank Bob.
- Lil: Thank you, Bob.
- Phil: I didn't know she could fly.
- Lil: I think it's cause she's a witch.
- Grandpa Lou: In my day, we has plenty of fun just throwing rocks at each other. Big bag of dirt clods, that's what the kids want.
- [Stu is working on his latest invention to enter in a contest]
- Drew: What is it, huh, an electric sponge?
- Stu: Of course not! That was last year.
- Stu: Okay, so maybe real fire isn't the best idea for a children's toy.
- [Reporter Rex Pester displays photos as he talks]
- Rex Pester: Young Tammy, Baby Dale, the twins Bill and Jill, Little Chunky, and poor sweet Amelia all vanished without a trace.
- [Angelica appears wearing Sherlock Holmes clothes]
- Angelica: They've taken Cynthia, Spike. Come on, you're gonna be my Butthound.
- Igor: [gets off the circus train] Serge, you stay here and watch monkeys. I get us coffee.
- Serge: No, Igor. You stay and watch monkeys, and I get us coffee.
- Igor: Nyet! Monkeys watch you, I GET COFFEE!
- [cut to inside the diner, both men are drinking coffee and eating donuts; their train is in the view of the window, as the monkeys climb out and on top of the train]
- Serge: I think coffee's better in St. Petersburg.
- Igor: No. It is better in Kiev.
- Serge: No. It's better in St. Petersburg.
- Igor: Nothing is better in St. Petersburg!
- Minka: [after seeing the "Aquatic Emersion Room"] She having a baby! Not a gefilte fish!
- Charlotte: You know what they say: "Born under Venus, look for a..."
- [phone rings]
- Charlotte: Hello?
- Chuckie: Hey, you guys, help me! The monkeys is trying to take Tommy's brother!
- Phil: So?
- [Dil begins to grunt and grimace; his face has turned dark pink]
- Lil: Uh-oh, Tommy, I think your brother's broked again.
- Tommy: Oh no! Dil, are you ok?
- Phil: I think he's gonna explode.
- Dil: Poopie.
- Tommy: What?
- Dil: [shouts] POOPIE!
- [A pooping sound can be heard]
- Everyone: EWW!
- Tommy: Well, I guess we'll have to change his diapie!
- Phil: What do you mean, "we?"
- Phil: Which way to the hopsicle?
- Tommy: We're not going to the hopsicle!
- Chuckie: Well, we're going somewheres!
- An adventure for anyone who's ever worn diapers.
- E.G. Daily as Tommy Pickles
- Tara Strong as Dil Pickles
- Christine Cavanaugh as Chuckie Finster
- Kath Soucie as Phil and Lil DeVille
- Cheryl Chase as Angelica Pickles
- Jack Riley as Stu Pickles
- Melanie Chartoff as Didi Pickles
- Busta Rhymes as Reptar Wagon
- Joe Alaskey as Grandpa Lou
- Michael Bell as Drew Pickles and Chas Finster
- Kath Soucie as Betty DeVille
- Tress MacNeille as Charlotte Pickles
- Cree Summer as Susie Carmichael
- Michael Bell as Grandpa Boris
- Melanie Chartoff as Grandma Minka
- Phil Proctor as Howard DeVille
- David Spade as Ranger Frank
- Whoopi Goldberg as Ranger Margaret
- Tim Curry as Rex Pester
- Roger Clinton, Jr. as Air Crewman
- Margaret Cho as Lt. Klavin
- Edie McClurg as Nurse
- Charlie Adler as United Express driver
- Gregg Berger as Circus TV announcer
- Tony Jay as Dr. Lipschitz
- Frank Welker (uncredited) as The Wolf and The Circus Monkeys