The Rugrats Movie
This article does not cite its sources. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Rugrats Movie is a 1998 American animated film, produced by Nickelodeon Movies and Klasky Csupo. The film was distributed by Paramount Pictures and first released in theaters in the United States on November 20, 1998.
Based on the popular 1990s animated Nickelodeon series, Rugrats, this film introduced Tommy's baby brother Dil Pickles, who was named after Didi Pickles' cousin, and appeared in the original series the next year.
- We're off the see the lizard.
- Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of yum!
- Charlotte: You know what they say: "Born under Venus, look for a..." [phone rings] Hello?
- Lou: In my day, we has plenty of fun just throwing rocks at each other. Big bag of dirt clods, that's what the kids want.
- [Stu is working on his latest invention to enter in a contest]
- Drew: What is it, huh, an electric sponge?
- Stu: Of course not! That was last year.
- Stu: Okay, so maybe real fire isn't the best idea for a children's toy.
- Minka: [after seeing the "Aquatic Emersion Room"] She having a baby! Not a gefilte fish!
- Igor: [gets off the circus train] Serge, you stay here and watch monkeys. I get us coffee.
- Serge: No, Igor. You stay and watch monkeys, and I get us coffee.
- Igor: Nyet! Monkeys watch you, I GET COFFEE!
- [Cut to inside the diner, both men are drinking coffee and eating donuts; their train is in the view of the window, as the monkeys climb out and on top of the train]
- Serge: You know, I think coffee's better in St. Petersburg.
- Igor: Nyet. It is better in Kiev.
- Serge: No. It's better in St. Petersburg.
- Igor: Nothing is better in St. Petersburg!
- Phil: Which way to the hopsicle?
- Tommy: We're not going to the hopsicle!
- Chuckie: Well, we're going somewheres!
- [Angelica appears wearing Sherlock Holmes clothes]
- Angelica: They've taken Cynthia, Spike. Come on, you're gonna be my Butthound.
- [Dil begins to grunt and grimace; his face has turned dark pink]
- Lil: Uh-oh, Tommy, I think your brother's broked again.
- Tommy: Oh no! Dil, are you ok?
- Phil: I think he's gonna explode.
- Dil: Poopie.
- Tommy: What?
- Dil: [shouts] POOPIE! [he soils himself]
- Everyone: EWW!
- Tommy: Well, I guess we'll have to change his diapie!
- Phil: What do you mean, "we?"
- Angelica: You know, not all dogs go to heaven.
- [Reporter Rex Pester displays photos as he talks]
- Rex: Young Tammy, Baby Dale, the twins Bill and Jill, Little Chunky, and poor sweet Amelia all vanished without a trace. I'm Rex Pester, and I'll be back with more Big Action News!
- Phil: Thank Bob.
- Lil: Thank you, Bob.
- Chuckie: Hey, you guys, help me! The monkeys is trying to take Tommy's brother!
- Phil: So?
- Phil: I didn't know she could fly.
- Lil: I think it's cause she's a witch.
- An adventure for anyone who's ever worn diapers.
- E.G. Daily as Tommy Pickles
- Christine Cavanaugh as Chuckie Finster
- Kath Soucie as Phil, Lil and Betty DeVille
- Cheryl Chase as Angelica Pickles
- Cree Summer as Susie Carmichael
- Tara Strong as Dil Pickles
- Jack Riley as Stu Pickles
- Melanie Chartoff as Didi Pickles and Minka Kropotkin
- Michael Bell as Chaz Finster, Drew Pickles and Boris Kropotkin
- Phil Proctor as Howard DeVille and Igor
- Tress MacNeille as Charlotte Pickles
- Joe Alaskey as Grandpa Lou Pickles
- Frank Welker as Spike, Scar Snout and Circus Monkeys
- Abraham Benrubi as Sergei
- Tim Curry as Rex Pester