The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is a 2010 3D fantasy-adventure film based on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the fifth published novel in C. S. Lewis' epic fantasy series The Chronicles of Narnia. It is the third installment in The Chornicles of Narnia film series from Walden Media, the first in the series to be distributed by 20th Century Fox and the first one to be released in Digital 3D.
- [from trailer] You have returned for a reason. Your adventure begins now.
- [from trailer]
- Eustace: This place just gets weirder and weirder!
- [from trailer]
- Edmund: So, if there are no wars to fight, then why are we here?
- Edmund: Squirt? He barely had 2 years on me. I'm a king. I've fought wars and I've lead armies!
- Lucy: Not in this world.
- Edmund: Lucy, have you seen this ship before?
- Lucy: Yes. It's very Narnian looking, isn't it?
- Edmund: Yeah. Just another reminder that we're here and not there
- Eustace: There once were two orphans who wasted their time, believing in Narnian nursery rhymes.
- Edmund: Please let me hit him.
- Lucy: No!
- Edmund: Don't you ever knock?
- Eustace: It's my house, I'll do as I please. You're just guests. What's so fascinating about that picture anyway? It's hideous!
- Edmund: You won't see it from the other side of the door.
- Lucy: Edmund it looks like the water's actually moving.
- Eustace: What rubbish! See, that's what happens when you read all those fanciful novels and fairytales.
- Edmund: There once was a boy called Eustace, who read books full of facts that were useless!
- Eustace: People who read fairytales are always the sort to become a hideous burden to people like me. I read books of real information.
- Edmund: Hideous Burden? I haven't seen you lift a finger since we've been here. [Eustace tries to escape, but Edmund shuts the door on him] I have a right mind to tell your father it was you who stole Aunt Alberta's sweets.
- Eustace: Liar!
- Edmund: Oh really?
- Lucy: Edmund, the painting!
- Edmund: I found them under your bed! And you know what? I licked every one of them.
- Eustace: ew, I'm infected with you! [water starts to flow from painting] What's going on here?
- Edmund: Lucy, do you think-?
- Eustace: It's some kind of trick! Stop it, or I'll tell mother! Mother! Mother! Oh, I'll just smash the whole thing.
- Edmund: No Eustace! No! No!
- Lilliandil: [Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy look up into the sky as a brilliant blue light descends upon them]
- Lucy: Look!
- [the light transforms into Lilliandil]
- Lilliandil: Travelers of Narnia, I am your guide.
- King Caspian: You are most beautiful.
- Lilliandil: If it is a distraction for you, I-I can change forms.
- Edmund and King Caspian: [simultaneously] No!
- [Caspian and Edmund look at each other. Lucy looks at them and rolls her eyes]
- [first lines]
- Intake Officer: Are you sure you're 18?
- Edmund: Why? Do I look older?
- Lucy: Aslan, will we ever meet with you in our world?
- Aslan: You shall.
- Lucy: How?
- Aslan: Because there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
- Eustace: [pointing at Reepicheep] That giant rat thing just tried to claw my face off!
- Reepicheep: I was merely trying to expel the water from your lungs, sir.
- Eustace: It talks! Did you see? Did anyone just hear that? It just talked!
- Crewmember: It always talks.
- Caspian: Actually, it's getting him to shut up that's the trick.
- Reepicheep: The moment there is nothing to be said, your Highness, I promise you, I will not say it.
- Eustace: Well, I don't know what kind of prank this is, but I want to wake up right now!
- Reepicheep: Perhaps we could throw him back?
- '[Edmund looks as if he's considering this option]
- Lucy: Edmund!
- Eustace: I demand to know just where the blazes am I?!
- [Tavros, a Minotaur approaches]
- Tavros: You're on the Dawn Treader, the finest ship in Narnia's navy. [Eustace faints in shock, prompting laughter from the crew] Was it something I said?
- Lucy: Do you really believe in such a place?
- Reepicheep: We have nothing, if not belief.
- Coriarchin: That sword you carry. It must be laid at Aslan's table. Only then can its true power be released.
- Eustace: Hang on. You mean four of us? [The crew stopped paddling to look at him] Come on, please don't send me back to the rat.
- Reepicheep: I heard that.
- Eustace: [mumbling] Big ears.
- Reepicheep: I heard that too.
- Eustace: [seeing a mountain of gold] I must be dead. [seeing a skeleton] You're definitely dead.
- Return to magic. Return to hope. Return to Narnia
- Take the voyage. Live the adventure. Discover Narnia like you've never seen it before.
Pevensies and ScrubbsEdit
Dawn Treader crewEdit
- Ben Barnes as King Caspian
- Simon Pegg as the voice of Reepicheep
- Gary Sweet as Lord Drinian
- Shane Rangi as Tavros the Minotaur
- Morgan Evans as Randy the Faun
- Steven Rooke as Nausus the Faun
- Tony Nixon as 1st Mate (Rynelf)
Encyclopedic article on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader at Wikipedia