The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
2008 film directed by Andrew Adamson
- For other films in this series, see The Chronicles of Narnia (film series).
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is the 2008 sequel to the 2005 film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- Directed by Andrew Adamson. Written by Ann Peacock, Andrew Adamson, Christopher Markus, and Stephen McFeely, based on the novel by C.S. Lewis.
- [Peter is fighting a group of boys as Susan and Lucy watch on. Edmund pushes past Susan to join in the fight.]
- Lucy: [Seeing Edmund going to help Peter fight the boys] Edmund!
- [Peter and Edmund fight the boys. Two soldiers arrive and break up the fight.]
- Soldier: [To Peter] Act your age!
- Peter: It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle.
- Reepicheep: What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?
- Peter: We need to get ready for it.
- Caspian: To start planning for–
- Peter: Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us.
- Caspian: But that's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle.
- Peter: There's always a first time.
- Trumpkin: We'll have the element of surprise.
- Caspian: But we have the advantage here!
- Susan: If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely. [Peter looks at her disappointedly]
- Trufflehunter: I, for one, feel safer underground.
- Peter: Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb.
- Edmund: Yes, and if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out.
- Squirrel: We could collect nuts. [Reepicheep looks at him and raises an eyebrow]
- Reepicheep: Yes– [Everyone looks at him; the squirrel looks happy, until Reepicheep speaks, gesturing his arms on the words throw and Telmarines] –and throw them at the Telmarines. Shut up! I think you know where I stand, sire.
- Peter: [To Glenstorm] If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?
- Glenstorm: Or die trying, my liege.
- Lucy: That's what I'm worried about.
- Peter: Sorry?
- Lucy: Well, you're all acting like there's only two options: dying here or dying there.
- Peter: I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu.
- Lucy: No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?
- Peter: I think we've waited for Aslan long enough.
- Reepicheep: Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine.
- Caspian: You are a mouse.
- Reepicheep: [Sighs] I was hoping for something a little more original. Pick up your sword.
- Caspian: Uhh... no, thanks.
- Reepicheep: Pick it up! I will not fight an unarmed man.
- Caspian: Which is why I might live longer if I choose not to cross blades with you, noble mouse.
- Reepicheep: I said I would not fight you. I didn't say I'd let you live!
- Lucy: Why didn't you jump in and save us, like last time?
- Aslan: Things never happen the same way twice, dear one.
- Peter: What is it?
- Edmund: [staring upwards] Where do you suppose we are?
- Peter: Where do you think?!
- Edmund: Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia. [they all stare up at the ruins on the cliff]
- Lucy: [wandering around the ruins] Wonder who lived here?
- Susan: [she picks up an old chess piece made of gold] I think we did.
- Edmund: Hey, that's mine - from my chess set!
- Peter: Which chess set?
- Edmund: Well, I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley, did I?
- Lucy Pevensie: It's so still.
- Trumpkin: They're trees. What do you expect?
- Lucy Pevensie: They used to dance.
- Trumpkin: Wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those that survived retreated to the woods. And the trees... they retreat so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard from since.
- Caspian: I wish we had more time together.
- Susan Pevensie: We never would have worked, anyway.
- Caspian: Why not?
- Susan Pevensie: Well, I am 1300 years older than you.
- Lucy Pevensie: I wish you'd all stop trying to act like grown-ups. I didn't think I saw him, I did see him.
- Trumpkin: I am a grown-up.
- Peter Pevensie: Prince Caspian?
- Prince Caspian: Yes. And who are you?
- Susan Pevensie: Peter!
- Prince Caspian: High King Peter?
- Peter Pevensie: I believe you called.
- Prince Caspian: Well, yes. But I thought you'd be... older.
- Peter Pevensie: Well if you like, we can come back in a few years.
- Prince Caspian: No! No, it's alright! You're just not exactly what I expected.
- Edmund Pevensie: Neither are you...
- Telmarine Soldier: You're a... mouse.
- Reepicheep: [annoyed and bored] You people have NO imagination! [He attacks the Telmarine Soldier]
- Edmund Pevensie: [looking down a cliff over the water] Is there a way down?
- Trumpkin: Yes. Falling.
- Prince Caspian: You could have called it off, there was still time.
- Peter Pevensie: No, there wasn't, thanks to you. If you had kept to the plan those soldiers might be alive now.
- Prince Caspian: And if you had just stayed here as I suggested, they definitely would be!
- Peter Pevensie: You called us, remember?
- Prince Caspian: My first mistake.
- Peter Pevensie: No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people.
- Prince Caspian: HEY! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia.
- Peter Pevensie: You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to lead than Miraz does! You, him, your father! Narnia's better off without the lot of you!
- Miraz: Now, Prince Ed–
- Edmund: King. It's King Edmund, actually. Just "king" though– Peter's the High King. [pauses] I know, it's confusing.
- Susan: I don't remember this way.
- Peter: That's the problem with girls - you can't carry a map in your heads.
- Lucy: That's because our heads have something in them.
- Miraz: Maybe I was wrong, maybe you do have the makings of a Telmarine king after all.
- Caspian: Ahh! [stabs sword into the ground] Not one like you. Keep your life, but I am giving the Narnians back their kingdom.
- Trumpkin: [after being saved by Peter] Drop him?! That's the best you can come up with?
- Susan: A simple "thank you" would suffice.
- Trumpkin: They were doing fine drowning me without your help.
- Peter: Maybe we should have let them!
- Lucy: Why were they trying to kill you anyway?
- Trumpkin: They're Telmarines. That's what they do.
- Edmund: Telmarines? In Narnia?
- Trumpkin: Where have you been for the last few hundred years?
- Lucy: It's a bit of a long story, actually.
- Trumpkin: Oh, you have got to be kidding me... You're it? You're the kings and queens of old?
- Peter Pevensie: High King Peter. The Magnificent.
- Susan Pevensie: You probably could have left off that last bit.
- Trumpkin: Probably.
- Caspian: What are you?
- Trufflehunter: You know, it's funny that you would ask that. You think most people would know a badger when they see one.
- Caspian: No, no I mean... You are Narnians. You are supposed to be extinct.
- Nikabrik: Sorry to disappoint you.
- Trufflehunter: Here you go, still hot.
- Nikabrik: Since when did we open a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?
- Caspian: I'm not a soldier. I am Prince Caspian, the tenth.
- Nikabrik: What are you doing here?
- Caspian: Running away. My uncle has always wanted my throne. I suppose I have only lived this long because he did not have an heir of his own.
- Trufflehunter: Well that changes things.
- Nikabrik: Yeah. It means we don't have to kill you ourselves.
- Caspian: You're right.
- Trufflehunter: Where are you going?
- Caspian: My uncle won't stop until I'm dead.
- Trufflehunter: But you can't leave! You're meant to save us.
- Georgie Henley - Lucy Pevensie
- Skandar Keynes - Edmund Pevensie
- Anna Popplewell - Susan Pevensie
- William Moseley - Peter Pevensie
- Ben Barnes - Prince Caspian
- Sergio Castellitto - King Miraz
- Pierfrancesco Favino - Lord Glozelle
- Damián Alcázar - Lord Sopespian
- Vincent Grass - Doctor Cornelius
- Alicia Borrachero - Queen Prunaprismia
- Liam Neeson - Aslan (voice)
- Eddie Izzard - Reepicheep (voice)
- Ken Stott - Trufflehunter (voice)
- David Walliams - Bulgy Bear (voice)
- Peter Dinklage - Trumpkin
- Warwick Davis - Nikabrik
- Tilda Swinton - White Witch
- Basically, this is a movie about kids who go into another world and dimension and spend the whole time killing people.
Encyclopedic article on The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian on Wikipedia
|The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis|
|The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe||Novel (1950)||· Television serial (1967)||· Film (1979)||· Television serial (1988)||· Film (2005)|
|Prince Caspian||Novel (1951)||·||· Television serial (1989)||· Film (2008)|
|The Voyage of the Dawn Treader||Novel (1952)||·||· Television serial (1989)||· Film (2010)|
|The Silver Chair||Novel (1953)||·||· Television serial (1990)||·|
|The Horse and His Boy||Novel (1954)||·|
|The Magician's Nephew||Novel (1955)||·|
|The Last Battle||Novel (1956)||·|
|See also|| Novel series (1950–1956) · BBC serials (1988–1990) · Silverchair (band named after The |
Silver Chair) · Film series (2005–present) · Last words in the film series