Age of Aquarius
Concept in astrology
(Redirected from The Age of Aquarius)
The Age of Aquarius in astrology, is the current and forthcoming astrological age, depending on the method of calculation. Astrologers maintain that an astrological age lasts for 2,160 years, on average.
- Racial differences will fade away in the New World.
Speak not of races. The drops of different seas are alike.
- Agni Yoga, Leaves of Morya’s Garden I, The Call, 259., (1924)
- The Great Epoch is beginning, because the spirit understanding is linked with the Mother of the World. Even to those who know the date it is marvelous to behold the physical approach of the predestined. The approach of this very great Epoch is important; it will substantially change the life of the Earth. A Great Epoch! I rejoice so much, seeing how the new rays are piercing the thickness of the Earth. Even though in the beginning they are hard to bear, yet their emanation induces new elements, so needed for the impetus. New rays are reaching the Earth for the first time since its formation.
Today is the beginning of the feminine awakening. A new wave has reached Earth today, and new hearths have become alight; for the substance of the rays penetrates deeply.
It is joyous to feel the approach of the New Epoch.
- Agni Yoga, Leaves of Morya’s Garden II, Illumination, p. 138, (1925)
- The Mother of the World appears as a symbol of the feminine Origin in the new epoch, and the masculine Origin voluntarily returns the treasure of the World to the feminine Origin. Amazons were the embodiment of the strength of the feminine Principle, and now it is necessary to show the aspect of spiritual perfection of woman.
In the name of Christ great crimes have been committed. Therefore, Christ nowadays clothes Himself in other garments. One must discard all the exaggerations. We are not speaking of slightly embellished works only, as even through the volumes of Origen corrections were slipped in. Therefore, it is time to change conditions in the world.
The springs cannot act before the appointed date, and to hasten means to cut the wires.
- Agni Yoga, Leaves of Morya’s Garden II, Illumination, p. 138, (1925)
- The stronger the thunder, the more powerful the lightning. All reiterate—the New Age arrives in storm and lightning. For the lightning there are needed positive and negative energies. If Maya does not furnish the negative evidence, how then can flash forth the sword-blade of positive reality?
- Agni Yoga, New Era Community (1926)
- It is wise to draw a line between past and future. It is impossible to calculate all that has been done—it is incommensurable. It is better to say: “Yesterday is past; let us learn how to meet a new dawn.”... It is unworthy to rummage in yesterday’s dust...
- Agni Yoga, New Era Community, #81, (1926)
- They will ask, "Can the time of Maitreya create a New Era?" Answer, "If the Crusades brought a new age, then truly the Era of Maitreya is a thousandfold more significant." In such consciousness should one proceed.
- Agni Yoga, Agni Yoga, 1. (1929)
- All have heard about the coming of the New Era. Can the new arrive in inaction? It is better to welcome a new blind puppy than an aged parrot that repeats old things. Examine the stream of the Teachings of life that have been given to humanity. Each, without affecting the preceding, opens new gates to knowledge. The enduring realities of life are fundamental to each given Teaching. Therefore they should be studied not for learning, but for application to life. Only in this way can you create the current of energy.
- Agni Yoga, Agni Yoga, 142. (1929)
- Be assured that the manifestation of the New Era will penetrate even the simplest of souls. The best ones will carry the burden of controversies and battles. The lesser ones can be given the simpler ways. Let them keep their calm when the flames and explosions begin to rage. Remember the symbolic event shown to you when, before the onset of a catastrophe, attempts were made to lead the people out of their halls of pleasure. Not only did the people refuse to leave, but new crowds tried to enter.
- Agni Yoga, Agni Yoga, 545. (1929)
- People are rightfully asking, “How will the significance of thought be different in the New Era? Since the importance of thought is being affirmed so persistently, does it mean that thought is being given a special role in the regeneration of life?” This is perfectly reasonable. During the Black Age, Kali Yuga, thought has revolved around man, and magnetism has only extended over small distances, while in the New Era thought means Space! That is why we must not think personally but spatially.
- Agni Yoga, Heart, 54. (1932)
- The immediate duty of everyone who knows about the Subtle World is to affirm the existence of this invisible but real world every time the opportunity presents itself. Some people may respond by getting angry, but it will give them an opportunity to think about reality. If research on human physiology were supplemented by the study of the Subtle World, which connects all the various conditions of existence, our world would at once enter into a distinctly new era. I can affirm that the commotion arising from the present turmoil has attained unprecedented proportions, because the bond between the worlds is totally ignored. Let nobody claim that he has not been warned in due time. Let the traveler not forget that he cannot return to the house that he left behind, that it is only by his own efforts that he can reach the Luminous City to which he has been summoned. Let the traveler remind everyone he meets at the crossroads that paths are irreversible.
- Agni Yoga, Heart, 188. (1932)
- The New Era can be built only by means of culture. Therefore, culture will be proclaimed as the one defense against disintegration. Nowadays one should strive only in this direction. Our Command is to miss no opportunity of reminding people about culture. Though We be regarded as fanatics on the subject, people will nevertheless harken and become accustomed to it. Thus We introduce brain patterns.
- Agni Yoga, Fiery World I, 190. (1933)
- Humanity truly represents, as it were, the cement of the planet; it helps to hold together the parts threatened by chaos. An unpopulated world easily disintegrates. But man must not pride himself on this mission, he must feel himself to be a guard on watch... The element of fire is the most active, most speedy, and most spatial, and it is manifested in the midst of the tension of thought. Does not man preserve the planet by thought? The most precious substances are created by thought. Compare breadth of thought with insipidity. I attest that people can gather a treasure of thought, which, in rhythm with the Cosmos, will create the New Era.
- Agni Yoga, Fiery World I, 514. (1933)
- The cycle of Aquarius already operates and coexists with the end of Pisces. Usually the beginning and end of a cycle is very gradual, and thus is affirmed the harmony of the actual evolutionary process... Aquarius has brought already a considerable shift of consciousness... constructiveness is necessary. Even with an unprepared eye one may notice the alternate influence of Pisces and Aquarius.
- Agni Yoga, Fiery World II (1934)
- The generation which will come into active thought expression at the end of this century... will inaugurate the framework, structure and fabric of the New Age [of Aquarius], which will start with certain premises, which today are the dream of the more exalted dreamers, and which will develop the civilisation of the Aquarian Age. This coming age will be as predominantly the age of group interplay, group idealism, and group consciousness, as the Piscean Age has been one of personality unfoldment and emphasis, personality focus, and personality consciousness. Selfishness, as we now understand it, will gradually disappear, for the will of the individual will voluntarily be blended into the group will.
- Alice Bailey, The Rays & the Initiations (1960)
- We are passing through the transition period between the old age and the new, and the true mission of Christ, so deeply and frequently obscured by theological implications and disputations, embodies in itself the coming revelation. The development of humanity guarantees the recognition of Christ and His work and its participation, consciously, in the kingdom of God. (Forward)
- Alice Bailey, in From Bethlehem to Calvary. (1937)
- It would be of value here to remember that the condition of humanity at this time is not the result of simply one factor, but of several — all of them being active simultaneously, because this period marks the close of one age and the inauguration of the new. This is a transition period between the passing out of the Piscean Age, with its emphasis upon authority and belief, and the coming in of the Aquarian Age, with its emphasis upon individual understanding and direct knowledge.
- Alice Bailey, The Externalization of the Hierarchy (1957)
- The ancient symbol for the sign Aquarius (into which our Sun is now entering) is that of the Water-carrier, the man with a pitcher of water. This passing of the Sun into the sign Aquarius is an astronomical fact... not an astrological prognostication. The great spiritual achievement and evolutionary event of that age will be the communion and human relationships established among all peoples, enabling men everywhere to sit down together... and share the bread and wine (symbols of nourishment). Preparations for that shared feast (symbolically speaking) are on their way, and those preparations are being made by the masses of men themselves, as they fight and struggle and legislate for the economic sustenance of their nations, and as the theme of food occupies the attention of legislators everywhere. This sharing, beginning on the physical plane, will prove equally true of all human relations and this will be the great gift of the Aquarian Age to humanity.
- Alice Bailey, The Reappearance of the Christ (1947)
- Astronomically, we are not yet functioning fully within the influence of Aquarius; we are only just emerging from the Piscean influence, and the full impact of the energies which Aquarius will set loose has not yet been felt. Nevertheless, each year carries us closer to the centre of power, the major effect of which will be to induce recognition of man's essential unity, of the processes of sharing and of cooperation.
- Alice Bailey, The Reappearance of the Christ (1947)
- Energies emanating from...Aquarius...will (through the effect of its potent force) stimulate... men into a new coherency, into a brotherhood of humanity which will ignore all racial and national differences and will carry the life of men forward into synthesis and unity. This means a tide of unifying life of such power that one cannot now vision it, but which—in a thousand years—will have welded all mankind into a perfect brotherhood. Its emotional effect will be to purify... men so that the material world ceases to hold such potent allure, and may in its later stages bring about a state of exaggeration as potent in the line of sentiency as that which we have undergone in the line of materiality! The final stages of all signs produce over-development of the factor on which they most potently work. At present the effect of this sign is constructive among the pioneers of the race...
- Alice Bailey, Treatise on White Magic (1934)
- If glancing back to the history of the past, you are able to see there something of the promise of the future; if you realize something of the changing world around you, the physical earth showing signs of alteration; if you see the beginnings of the new type, of the new sub-race; if you understand something of the problems around us and the hopelessness of trying to solve them along lines previously used; if you realize the growing expectation, the looking for the coming of One to lead and to guide, and then you realize that while He is preparing for His coming, His children are preparing to welcome Him and are getting ready to march under His banner and to carry out His will; then I think that... to some of us, there will rise up the hope, nay, the certainty, that we are on the eve of mighty changes to be carried out under a World Teacher, Who shall come to our help. Who shall act as our Guide; and as that thought grows strong in your hearts, life will grow full of hope, full of joyful expectation. p. 148
- You will realize that the world is not left alone, that the troubles of the present are but the birth-pangs out of which a new civilization shall be born; and that just as in the coming of a longed-for son the pain is forgotten in the joy of welcome, so, the troubles of our time, menacing and terrible as they are, are but that hour that precedes the dawning, are but the sufferings that precede the birth; and that we also shall ere very, very long realize that change is upon us, that the Teacher is with us, that hope has changed into realization, and that the longing for the coming has altered into the delight of the come. p. 149
- Many religions speak of the End of Days. It refers not to the end of the world, but rather the end of our current age – Pisces, which began at the time of Christ’s birth, spanned two thousand years, and waned with the passing of the millennium. Now that we’ve passed into the Age of Aquarius, the End of Days has arrived.
- Freed by machines from the burden of unnecessary work, millions will find within themselves a creativity absent up till now, and will contribute their share to the glowing tapestry of joyful living which will become the hallmark of the new age.
- It is a new age that we are entering, the age of Aquarius, and of course this is an astronomical, not an astrological event. It is to do with the relationship now being formed in cosmos between our solar system and the constellation of Aquarius. For the next 2,500 or so years we will be absorbing the cosmic energy of Aquarius, which will transform all life on the planet. It is a synthesizing energy: it draws together, fuses and blends, while the energy of Pisces, the age now ending, has separated and divided the world. This process will go forward... and, gradually, humanity will understand the reality of its spiritual nature.
- The Mystery Schools are the schools in which the training and disciplines for initiation are received. Colleges will be created from which those seen as ready for initiation will be drawn. The Mystery Schools themselves will be of two categories: preparatory and advanced. The aim is that all humanity should have taken at least the first initiation (and thus enter the Spiritual Hierarchy) in this coming Aquarian cycle.
- Benjamin Creme, Maitreya's Mission Vol. II (1993)
- Every new cosmic cycle — we are entering a new one now, the Age of Aquarius — brings into the world a teacher. People like Hercules and Hermes, Rama, Mithra, Vyasa, Zoroaster, Confucius, Krishna, Shankaracharya, the Buddha, the Christ, Mohammed — these are all Masters who have come from the same spiritual centre of the planet, called the Spiritual, or Esoteric, Hierarchy, which is made up of the Masters and Their initiates and disciples of various degrees. It is also known as the Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of Souls... Christians are waiting for the Kingdom of God to descend on the earth when we are good enough to receive it. Actually it has always been here, behind the scenes, made up of those men and women who have fitted Themselves, through the expansion of Their consciousness (and therefore the demonstration of Their divinity).... Christ, through Jesus, said the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. Don't look outside or up to heaven. It is within you. And indeed it is, as consciousness. If you have that consciousness, you are in the Kingdom of God.
- Benjamin Creme Maitreya's Mission Vol. III, p. 348 (1997)
- Since 1675 the energies of Aquarius have entered our solar system, while the energies of Pisces receded. Today this solar system is firmly in the Age of Aquarius and we are beginning our triumphal journey towards synthesis; the Age of Synthesis has begun. This will reflect though all our institutions as a growing unity, brotherhood, right relationship and peace.
- Benjamin Creme, Share International magazine (December 2012)
- We are now five years into the age of Aquarius, which seen from the astronomical point of view is almost no time at all. Since 1675 the energies of Aquarius have gradually been making an impact on our lives. Now they are bringing more and more young people into incarnation who are essentially Aquarian in their disposition and energetic make-up.
However, we are in a time in which all the structures – political, economic, religious, cultural, educational, etc – are still dominated by Piscean energy, and the world is led by people who hold them dear. The terrible and dangerous gulf between the poor and the rich, for example, threatens the very existence of this world. So there is still much to do but the ordinary people of the world are waking up to their responsibilities, and their power. Moreover, Maitreya has assured us that: “All will be well, all manner of things will be well.”
- Benjamin Creme, Share International magazine (March 2014)
- It is the Age of Aquarius; a time of change, of breaking of barriers, of new interactions, innovation and disruption towards a better world. Technologically, the Fourth Industrial Revolution holds promise for such a world of peace where humankind lives in harmony with nature. For geospatial systems it is time that it becomes a part of the mainstream which is good but it is a time when it loses its identity as something different and standalone.
- Arup Dasgupta The age of the Aquarius demands transformation, Geospatial World (8 January 2018)
- Although I am unacquainted with astrological lore, I was drawn to the symbolic power of the pervasive dream in our popular culture: that after a dark, violent age, the Piscean, we are entering a millennium of love and light—in the words of the popular song, "The Age of Aquarius," the time of "the mind's true liberation." Whether or not it was written in the stars, a different age seems to be upon us; and Aquarius, the waterbearer in the ancient zodiac, symbolizing flow and the quenching of an ancient thirst, is an appropriate symbol.
- Marilyn Ferguson in The Aquarian Conspiracy, (1980) Introduction
- Imagine the world as it would appear from the perspective of an ant wandering onstage during a performance of Shakespeare's Midsummer's Night's Dream. All around you there unfolds a great drama, replete with exotic colors, sounds, and complex happenings; yet because of your limited perspective, the meaning of it all escapes you. You can't comprehend the multilayered significance of this drama or grasp how these diverse elements fit into a greater unfolding story being played out in several acts. And yet only by understanding that larger context could you perceive how these elements are really facets of a greater narrative... If our perspective were broad enough, perhaps we'd recognize how these isolated events are facets of a much greater story. For the esotericist, an important key toward helping unlock that broader perspective is the concept of the Great Ages. We presently find ourselves straddling the threshold between the "acts," as it were, of the Piscean and the Aquarian Ages. Like vast tectonic plates shifting deep within the collective unconscious, this epochal transition has already begun manifesting as a series of seismic changes throughout our world, as the forms of an older age make way for those of a radically new one.
- Ray Grasse, The Dawn of Aquarius: The Turning of the Great Ages, Quest (Theosophical magazine), (Winter 2010)
- So what exactly can we expect in the Aquarian Age?... the next Great Age will likely be every bit as complex and multifaceted as every other one that has preceded it... What can we do to facilitate the highest expression of the coming era? ..There are a number of specific steps we might consider for achieving this goal on both the collective and personal levels. On the global scale, it means working to create a society that fosters higher values and ideals, not only through improved laws and educational institutions but the cultivation of increasingly enlightened business models. "If we create the body of civilization," the late philosopher Manly Palmer Hall once remarked, "then the soul body of civilization—which is the 'New Atlantis'—will move in and vitalize it..." (Hall)... enhancing the higher potentials of the Aquarian Age will involve, among other things, developing one's own higher mind and critical faculties, allowing one to remain free from the hypnotizing qualities of society's mental "grid"—the sociocultural matrix of our collective beliefs. Can you stand apart from the crowd and think for yourself? That's a question that's being asked by many of our emerging popular mythologies.
- Ray Grasse, The Dawn of Aquarius: The Turning of the Great Ages, Quest (Theosophical magazine), (Winter 2010)
- One of the major issues to be considered in terms of the future program of human development is the fact that, within the 25,920 year cycle of Precession, we are fast approaching the celestial (Summer) Solstice and the beginning of a major new astrological cycle. As a direct consequence – like the current of a river flowing towards a narrower elliptical bend in its course – our human society is experiencing a huge amount of turbulence during that approach... Much of the cultural experience of the last (ie 20th) century is going around and around in ever faster sub-cycles, like localized whirlpools and eddies, thereby rendering our present social culture ever more repetitive and superficial from one angle. In very real and practical terms, however, the ‘sediment’ of historical mores and customs built up in our psychology (as instincts) over the last millennia or so is being shaken loose so that the inner current of intelligence can travel on faster and more freely to join the greater approaching cycle... The acceleration away from the ‘bend’ of the solstice will itself be substantial, effectively resulting in the psychological separation of a large part of our present human consciousness from the past. In a very real sense, this approach to the forthcoming Age of Aquarius involves the protracted ‘Judgement Day’ of our present greater cycle (of 25,920 years of The Great Year). Following this faster-evolving spiritual nature of humankind will be allowed a period of unfettered progress, at least temporarily detached from the materialism of the immediately past cycle of centuries…
- J. S. Gordon The Path of Initiation: spiritual evolution and the restoration of the Western mystery tradition, ISBN-13 : 978-1620551738, (2013) pages:466-467.
- Astrologers call this the great conjunction because it's a pretty big deal... As we enter this cycle of opportunities, innovation, and connection, it's as if that coveted Age of Aquarius is starting. There's been hype around the Age of Aquarius for centuries. It's a new age of humanity coming together. From an astrological outlook, 2021 is the beginning of many Aquarius-themed transits. Beginning with the great conjunction, Saturn will remain in this sign for nearly three years and Jupiter for one year. Then in 2023, Pluto will enter Aquarius, where it will stay for 20 years. Although there's no proving it, given that there are so many planets moving through Aquarius, we can imagine that this new age is finally beginning.
- Aquarius energy cares about the whole, and its focus is on the greater good. It's the team player who gives all people a seat at the table, not just a privileged few. Beginning in 2021, we can expect an emphasis on inclusion, diversity, and the dismantling of oppressive systems; it's a time of evening the playing field.
- When He comes Whom angels and men await, and Whose work it is to inaugurate the New Age and so complete the work He began in Palestine two thousand years ago, He will bring with Him some of the great Angels, as well as certain of the Masters.
- The only imperatives of this [Aquarian] ‘wave’ are Freedom and Unity. These ideals reside in ALL human beings regardless of ideologies and dogmas. This is the new ‘exclusivism’ because freedom and unity are principles at the foundation of human consciousness and they exceed and extend beyond all sectarian, ideological boundaries of recent vintage. They can be suppressed for a while... as witnessed in the last millennium, but they cannot be eradicated totally from the heart and mind of humanity.
- The Age of Aquarius is distinguished by its universal character. It is the Earth that is blessed to host this transformation of all her inhabitants, everywhere. We see this happening before our eyes. These facts make a mockery of doomsday prophecies concerning 2012 and speculations regarding ‘end time’. The universal zodiac of 12 of our civilization, rather than the Mayan time-reckoning, offers humanity a reliable key to the Vision, the true pre-Vision – that of the evolution of the human species which carries the world to the next stage: the Age of the supramental Truth-Consciousness. ...'
- Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet in The Magical Carousel and Commentaries, Chapter 11, ISBN: 978-1948096478 (1973)
- The Manuscript predicts that... human beings will begin to grasp these insights sequentially, one insight then another, as we move from where we are now to a completely spiritual culture on Earth... Remember to stop as often as necessary to re-connect your energy. Stay full, stay in a state of love. Remember that once you achieve this state of love, nothing nor anyone can pull more energy from you than you can replace. In fact, the energy flowing out of you creates a current that pulls energy into you at the same rate. You can never run out. But you must stay conscious of this process in order for it to work... It's hard for me to get the love flowing in a situation like this... But not to do so is to harm yourself... Your body is vibrating at a certain level. If you let your energy get too low your body suffers. That is the relationship between stress and disease. Love is the way we keep our vibration up. It keeps us healthy. It is that important. p. 111
- The Ninth Insight explains how human culture will change in the next millennium as a result of conscious evolution. It describes a significantly different way of life... we humans will voluntarily decrease our population... we will intentionally let the forests go uncut so that they can mature and build energy... humans will typically live among five hundred year old trees and carefully tended gardens, yet within easy travel distance of an urban area of incredible technological wizardry... Our needs will be completely met without the exchange of any currency, yet also without any overindulgence or laziness... The Ninth depicts a human world where everyone has slowed down and become more alert... Think how it would be for two people meeting for the first time. Each will first observe the other's energy field... They will vibrate at a new level and will thereafter touch others in a way not possible before their meeting... The real reason we spent five centuries creating material supports for human life was to set the stage for something else, a way of life that returns the mystery to existence... That is what the information now returning from the scientific method indicates: mankind is on this planet to consciously evolve. And as we learn to evolve and pursue our particular path... the overall culture will transform in a very predictable way.
- The Ninth Insight is the insight of knowing where we are headed. All the other insights create a picture of the world as one of incredible beauty and energy, and of ourselves as increasing our connection with and thus seeing this beauty... The more beauty we can see, the more we evolve. The more we evolve, the higher we vibrate. The Ninth Insight shows us that ultimately, our increased perception and vibration will open us up to a Heaven that is already before us. We just can't see it yet... Whenever we doubt our own path, or lose sight of the process, we must remember what we are evolving toward, what the process of living is all about. Reaching heaven on Earth is why we are here. And now we know how it can be done... how it will be done.... Connecting with energy is something humans have to be open to and talking about and expecting, otherwise the whole human race can go back to pretending that life is about having power over others and exploiting the planet. If we go back to doing this, then we won't survive. Each of us must do what we can to get this message out.
- Every space scientist will agree that, as the earth undergoes its various cycles of rotation, orbit and precession, these cycles simultaneously define the time of the day, of the year, and of the age, respectively. They will further agree that, by virtue of the present position of the earth’s precession with the sun to the distant constellations of the Zodiac, the earth-sun system is now in a transition period, moving from the Age of Pisces into the Age of Aquarius. Within the science of astronomy, as well as within esoteric astrology, there is little attention paid to the process by which the astronomical transition to the New/Aquarian Age is occurring. In light of events now unfolding in the world by virtue of this transition, this subject will undoubtedly become more interesting to scientists and laymen alike in the coming years.
- The book of new discoveries and the light of daring is open before humanity, and you have already heard about the approach of the New Era. Every epoch has its Call, and the calling foundation of the New Era will be the power of thought. That is why we call you to understand the great significance of creative thought, and the first step in this direction will be the opening of consciousness, freedom from all prejudices and from all tendentiousness and forced concepts.
- Helena Roerich Letters I, (24 February 1930)
- Not tyranny but true cooperation is necessary. Broadest cooperation is inscribed upon the Banner of the New Era. The main quality of a leader is to be able to assemble co-workers of the most diverse natures and unify them in the same striving. Is not our unification achieved by our devotion to the Teacher? Thus, let us remember that the Teacher directs our advancement by magnanimous cooperation, not by force. Wise concessions in small details to the consciousness not fully grown may not give completely satisfactory results, but at least it will not breed a ruinous atmosphere of irritability and disagreement.
- Helena Roerich Letters I, (7 October 1930)
- Let us, therefore, without delay raise the great Banner of the New Era—the Era of the Mother of the World. Let every woman enlarge the boundaries of her hearth to encompass the hearths of the whole world. These countless fires will strengthen and embellish her own hearth.
- Helena Roerich Letters I, (30 June 1931)
- The Banner of Peace and the Unity of Women in the name of the New Era of Culture are two of the gigantic historical tasks. Please try to realize how serious is the world situation, and apply all your abilities in order to introduce these salutary ideas. Every step of yours should be thoroughly weighed, and should be in conformity with your great tasks. But never listen to the advice of grey conventionality! All delays will bring even worse wreckage. Uphold the Banner of Culture and the pure affirmations you have received. "Sow widely; it is not right to spill the precious seeds only in your own garden.” The most important is not to be afraid of any hostile condemnations because all our offerings for the General Good have not in them a trace of destruction or selfishness! Insist on your rights in the name of the offerings you bring to your own country!
- Helena Roerich Letters I, (8 August 1931)
- In conclusion, I want to remind you about the absolute inevitability of the New Era. The fiery energies are in their greatest tension attracted toward Earth, and if not accepted, realized and assimilated they will cause terrific earthquakes and other cosmic perturbations, and also revolutions, wars and new epidemics. We are now at the very entrance of a New Era, a New Race, and therefore our time may be compared with the times of Atlantis, the existence of which becomes more and more evident to our science.
Watch out for all unusual and destructive signs in all spheres of life, and many things will be clearer to you. You will see where are the sparks of the New Era, the era of spiritual knowledge and great cooperation of peoples under the sign of culture. Realization of the coming of this great time should multiply the strength of every sensitive person and should direct him toward joyous, constructive work for the General Good under the Banner, which we shall call the Banner of Peace and Culture.
- Helena Roerich Letters I, (26 December 1931)
- Precisely, the New Epoch will shine with a new realization of the Teaching of Christ. Enlightened spiritual teachers (and there are such already) will return to the true covenants of Christ, to the covenants of the first Fathers of the Church, and to the works of the great beacon light of Christianity, Origen, who laid the foundation for the whole philosophy of Christianity.
- Helena Roerich Letters II, (24 August 1936)
- In the structure of the New Epoch, the main factor of the national welfare will be the education and upbringing of people... From very childhood, respect for knowledge should be taught. In schools, this true and only propeller of evolution should be pointed out through concrete historical examples.
- Helena Roerich Letters of Helena Roerich II, (24 August 1936)
- The New Epoch is marked by the sign of Aquarius, and its ruler is Uranus... the affirmation of the power of the rays of Uranus always coincides with new trends in the whole life of our planet. It is also significant that the co-ruler with Uranus is Saturn, this symbol of the dark forces. Thus, all great epochs were marked by these two opposites, this struggle of the forces of Light with the forces of darkness. The tension of one side correspondingly intensifies the opposite side.
- Helena Roerich Letters II, (23 October 1937)
- The New Epoch... will bring the renaissance of woman. The Epoch of Maitreya is the Epoch of the Mother of the World. It is remarkable to observe the rapid rise of the women of India. There one can see women occupying the posts of ministers and other responsible positions. Many women of India are excellent speakers. The Indians readily elect women, because they have faith in the common sense of their wives. But, of course, there are also opponents of the liberation of woman.
- Helena Roerich Letters II, (23 April 1938)
- As we are now approaching the transit from the astrological ages of Pisces to Aquarius, it has been suggested that we may be approaching the ‘Summer Solstice’ of The Great Year. Besides the physical manifestations of this time, such as perhaps an influence on global warming, what possibly could be the spiritual influences on humanity at this time and into the near future? This is a huge question which it is difficult, or maybe impossible to answer as we have such little outwardly available knowledge of the influence of the Spiritual Hierarchy on human history. Many people have speculated that the Age of Aquarius will herald a time of brotherhood and peace, with the focus shifting from the devotional religions such as Christianity and Islam, to a ‘New Age’ based on a synthesis of universal religious principles. The dawning of the Age of Aquarius follows the Earth’s polar axis leaving the sign of Pisces, where it has been for the last two thousand years or so.
- Andrew Rooke, The Great Year, Theosophy Downunder, (September 2017)
- The Ageless Wisdom Teachings
- The Agni Yoga Teachings
- The Celestine Prophecy
- Benjamin Creme
- Maitreya (Theosophy)
- The Aquarian Conspiracy, by Marilyn Ferguson
- Masters of Wisdom
- A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle
- The Reappearance of the Christ, by Alice A Bailey
- The Reappearance of the Christ and the Masters of Wisdom, by Benjamin Creme
- The World Teacher for All Humanity, by Benjamin Creme